How about a Hulk who can increase his weight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk can lift, throw and smash things, which are much heavier than he. Remember the scene as Hulk thrown a tank in Ang Lee´s movie and in one of the comics? That could not work because the weight of the tank was much higher than the weight of the Hulk. By the centripetal force Hulk could not remain on his feet. With more weight, he could. However, it is not just about tanks. There are so many other objects wich are heavier. Hulk would not even be able to collide with a fast-moving Hummer. With a higher weight, he could.

So, what do you think about this idea?

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4001 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not familiar with the concept of 'suspension of disbelief', are you?

#3 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: Yes, I am. But I don´t like it :-)

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Not much to discuss since We can't apply LOGIC to comics most of the time.

#5 Edited by dum529001 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is fueled by nuclear power(forces of absolute atomic destruction), not the weaker gravitational forces.

#6 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: But that does not mean that he could not even raise his body weight. Why not?

#7 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Even in fiction, it is possible to accommodate a certain degree of logic.

#8 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull: Even in fiction, it is possible to accommodate a certain degree of logic.

sure , but here it just doesn't work, everything about the hulk is a slap to the face for logic lol :P

#9 Edited by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yes, that´s right :-)

But without any fictional logic, no Hulk.

#10 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember in some comics Hulk did increase his weight, like the time when Deadpool tried to commit suicide by Hulk. I guess S.B.H. really is a thing... But anyway like people said you can't apply real world logic in fiction. I mean if you want to split hairs Hulks whole existence is scientifically impossible.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6434 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean like how The Vision can change his weight?

#12 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don´t think so. I mean: more weight without increasing the mass, like more gravity.

#13 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6434 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: I think that's how The Vision does it. He doesn't get any bigger or smaller.

#14 Posted by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Wiki says:

"The Vision controls his density by interfacing with an unknown dimension to/from which he can shunt or accrue mass, thus becoming either intangible or extraordinarily massive." He doesn´t get any bigger or smaller, but he shunt or accrue mass.

I didn´t know "The Vision" before you mentioned him (shame on me :-). I only know what I've found about him on the web.

#15 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6434 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: Oh, O.K. My point was just that he can make himself heavier without changing size, which I thought was what you were looking for.

#16 Edited by Zardu (347 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6434 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: Maybe. I don't know a lot about Hulks, but it's an interesting power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.