Hints for a future hulk film?

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=78942http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=78942

Moving on to

Hulk

and a potential solo film, Feige stated,

" There's no script in the works or anything, but we are talking about it. All the Hulk energy right now is on Avengers 2, but Mark Ruffalo is signed up [for more films]. What we're excited about exploring and expanding is Mark - and Bruce Banner is not in Planet Hulk at all. The fun of Hulk is his interaction with humans."

An interesting statement and one to sure rev the speculation engine of the interweb. Get your wheels spinning now and take your thoughts to the comment section below.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Adapt Indestructible Hulk.

#3 Edited by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I honestly doubt Planet Hulk would work as well in the movies as it did in the comics. The problem is that in the movies while Hulk is nuts they've still shown him to be just sympathetic and heroic enough to make the people who sent him off look like dicks while they haven't made him quite savage enough to justify it.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I honestly doubt Planet Hulk would work as well in the movies as it did in the comics. The problem is that in the movies while Hulk is nuts they've still shown him to be just sympathetic and heroic enough to make the people who sent him off look like dicks while they haven't made him quite savage enough to justify it.

Besides, Planet Hulk would beam less banner! and I want ruffalo to kick arse too!

That...would be awesome, i see your still reading it. how have you liked the new arc?

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Nah. I left when Yu left. I'll pick it up in a collection someday. It's petty of me, I know, but my budget's kinda tight as it is and I needed to drop something anyway.

(My budget isn't tight at all, I'm just horrible with money.)

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want another Hulk film, preferably with some increase in Hulk's intelligence so he'll speak more.

#7 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as long as Hulk does not go around being chased by the military i think that's what really kills the Hulk movie. Why not introduce the Leader? IMO he would a great villain for a Hulk movie and would challenge Banner himself, not to mention that if we where to follow the continuity in the Incredible Hulk 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unpdgmScJYs at 2:20 we can see Samuel Sterns transforming into Leader.

Also what happened to the Hulk TV series? The one that is done by Guillermo del Toro? According to IMDB it is still in production and is to be released in 2014. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2368139/

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want another Hulk film, preferably with some increase in Hulk's intelligence so he'll speak more.

And also with Ruffalo in the spot light, loved his performance, and i don't want planet hulk since it'd reduce his part

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I see where you're coming from but I think it should be made - its too much of a brilliant story not to be :P

Although I would like them to wait a while so that they have a larger cast of characters for World War Hulk.

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I see where you're coming from but I think it should be made - its too much of a brilliant story not to be :P

Although I would like them to wait a while so that they have a larger cast of characters for World War Hulk.

I agree :P. but frist they should produce at least two more movies for hulk, otherwise iw wouldn't make sense. and besides :P, though Planet Hulk was Awesome, it would reduce Mark Ruffalos role, which would be kinda bad :P

#11 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that now we've seen that he can control the Hulk that it would be interesting if all of a sudden he couldn't, and that it was an overall struggle between the Hulk and Banner, but in more of a fight between them way, as in who's getting this body type thing (if you get what I mean).

#12 Posted by Lvenger (18411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather they take a look at the Hulk in a more heroic light. With Banner trying to channel the Hulk into a force for good, maybe stepping out into the light to actively help others himself. That would be a good driving force for the movie. Maybe have new supporting cast such as Rick Jones or Marlo Chandler plus the Leader as a villain. It was hinted at in Incredible Hulk and the Leader would be an awesome villain to test brains against brawn. Maybe a secondary villain would be good too.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'd rather they take a look at the Hulk in a more heroic light. With Banner trying to channel the Hulk into a force for good, maybe stepping out into the light to actively help others himself. That would be a good driving force for the movie. Maybe have new supporting cast such as Rick Jones or Marlo Chandler plus the Leader as a villain. It was hinted at in Incredible Hulk and the Leader would be an awesome villain to test brains against brawn. Maybe a secondary villain would be good too.

And Abomination didn't die, so thats not the end of him just yet :P

#14 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Tim Roth who played Abomination had apparently signed on for more than one film anyway.

#15 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Tim Roth who played Abomination had apparently signed on for more than one film anyway.

YESH! YESH YESH!

#16 Posted by Oscars94 (2340 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: They also show the movie version of Abomination in the new Lego Marvel heroes game

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

@theacidskull: They also show the movie version of Abomination in the new Lego Marvel heroes game

Even excites me more!

#18 Posted by Oscars94 (2340 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: He was also mentioned in another Marvel Short with Coulsen. Agent Sitwell suggested the Abomination join the Avengers but Coulsen says no. He has someone else in mind.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

@theacidskull: He was also mentioned in another Marvel Short with Coulsen. Agent Sitwell suggested the Abomination join the Avengers but Coulsen says no. He has someone else in mind.

I remember that one! :D, which means that abomination i saved up for something else ;)

#20 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10362 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Leader type story the were the setting at the end the first one

Maybe a Abomination and Leader Team up would be nice. Also I'm all for more Mark I LOVED him as Bruce.

#21 Posted by nappystr8 (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

I don't know if they'll base the next hulk on Waid's run, but I bet they will title it Indestructible Hulk. Since it's been so long since Incredible Hulk, and because the actor has changed, I think they will stay away from calling it Incredible Hulk 2.

#22 Edited by Verotikryptonite (294 posts) - - Show Bio

the Incredible Hulk 372 to issues 377 would make for an awesome movie. You have three personalities fighting for dominance with the merging of the Hulk's as the denouement setting up a sequel

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

the Incredible Hulk 372 to issues 377 would make for an awesome movie. You have three personalities fighting for dominance with the merging of the Hulk's as the denouement setting up a sequel

yeah, but it won't work, they have to establish Joe first.

#24 Posted by Verotikryptonite (294 posts) - - Show Bio

I do love's me some Fixit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.