Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hero or Anti-hero

Avatar image for iron_man_tony_stark_
    Iron Man(Tony Stark)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Would you consider the Hulk to be a hero (Captain America, Iron Man, Cyclops, Thor, Spider-man, etc.) or an anti-hero (Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Blade, the Punisher, etc.) and why?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Erik

WWH I would consider to be a hero. Every other version I consider to be lame and unimportant. The reason for this opinion is because as a character, he has the least amount of depth than any other character I have ever read. But in WWH I got to see real character developement and depth.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking

hulk to me never seem to be a hero he would constantly endanger lives to say he is an anti hero he isnt either he to me is a force  of nature he does what he wants.

Avatar image for president_stark
    President Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By President Stark

I think that Hulk is his own breed of hero.I don't think he can be an anti-hero because that would require him to decide to be like that.Like the Punisher is an anti-hero because he lost his family to violence and now he doesn't seem to care who gets killed as long as they have done something wrong.When the Hulk does things that are bad are not hero like...it's because he doesn't know any better.His intellect is reduced.It would be like calling someone who is brainwashed to kill people a villain.Under his own will he may be a kind hearted person..but someone is making him do bad..know what I mean.

I think for the most part Hulk is a hero though...when he is able to understand what's going on he does his best to do what is right.
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LightBright

On the scale of Hero (Cap A) to Anti-Hero (Deadpool) I'd have to put Hulk right smack dab in the middle. He's just trying to get through one day at a time. He may destroy things, but that's only his nature. He may save people, but only if he kinda likes them.

Avatar image for iron_man_tony_stark_
    Iron Man(Tony Stark)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

President Stark said:
    "I think that Hulk is his own breed of hero.I don't think he can be an anti-hero because that would require him to decide to be like that.Like the Punisher is an anti-hero because he lost his family to violence and now he doesn't seem to care who gets killed as long as they have done something wrong.When the Hulk does things that are bad are not hero like...it's because he doesn't know any better.His intellect is reduced.It would be like calling someone who is brainwashed to kill people a villain.Under his own will he may be a kind hearted person..but someone is making him do bad..know what I mean.
    I think for the most part Hulk is a hero though...when he is able to understand what's going on he does his best to do what is right.
    "
    What about versions such as the Grey Hulk or the Professor?
    President Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By President Stark
    Iron Man(Tony Stark) said:
    "President Stark said:
    "I think that Hulk is his own breed of hero.I don't think he can be an anti-hero because that would require him to decide to be like that.Like the Punisher is an anti-hero because he lost his family to violence and now he doesn't seem to care who gets killed as long as they have done something wrong.When the Hulk does things that are bad are not hero like...it's because he doesn't know any better.His intellect is reduced.It would be like calling someone who is brainwashed to kill people a villain.Under his own will he may be a kind hearted person..but someone is making him do bad..know what I mean.
    "
    What about versions such as the Grey Hulk or the Professor?"
    Those are manipulated forms.
    President Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By President Stark
    LightBright said:
    "On the scale of Hero (Cap A) to Anti-Hero (Deadpool) I'd have to put Hulk right smack dab in the middle. He's just trying to get through one day at a time. He may destroy things, but that's only his nature. He may save people, but only if he kinda likes them."
    I agree with Lightbright..Hulk is trying to get through one day at a time.He's trying...trying to do good.I think being an anti-hero is a mentality....Deadpool is a mercenary.He may do something good from time to time but he's just trying to get paid.
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Silver Knight75

Hulk's sort of a loose cannon.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SUNMAN

Hulk is an idiot or a plot device to be used as a writer sees fit. 

I place him in these four categories at once

Hero/Villain/Idiot/Moron
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sidney

WWHulk was the best Hulk right?

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Watch Dog

Force of nature.

The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Batman!
    @Sidney said:
    "WWHulk was the best Hulk right? "

Hellz yeah
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sidney
    @The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    Hellz yeah "

How so? Is he the hulk they use in movies? If so they should if he the best then.
    The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Batman!
    @Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    Hellz yeah "
    How so? Is he the hulk they use in movies? If so they should if he the best then. "
    I think he was the best bcause it showed Hulk at the top of his game. Brains, Strength, and Pain...no one could stop him not even Sentry. But it was just a story arc, Marvel couldnt leavve him like that, cause he had no weakness. it would be like God on Earth...he could do whatever he wanted on no one in the Marvel Universe could stop him. Marvel is suppose to be the big green sad monster type, so no WWHulk couldnt stick around. But he may get a movie some day cause that was a great story
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sidney
    @The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    Hellz yeah "
    How so? Is he the hulk they use in movies? If so they should if he the best then. "
    I think he was the best bcause it showed Hulk at the top of his game. Brains, Strength, and Pain...no one could stop him not even Sentry. But it was just a story arc, Marvel couldnt leavve him like that, cause he had no weakness. it would be like God on Earth...he could do whatever he wanted on no one in the Marvel Universe could stop him. Marvel is suppose to be the big green sad monster type, so no WWHulk couldnt stick around. But he may get a movie some day cause that was a great story"

Well Superman stays around on DC and he God on earth. Especially pre crisis Superman lifting islands and stuff.
    The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Batman!
    @Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    Hellz yeah "
    I think he was the best bcause it showed Hulk at the top of his game. Brains, Strength, and Pain...no one could stop him not even Sentry. But it was just a story arc, Marvel couldnt leavve him like that, cause he had no weakness. it would be like God on Earth...he could do whatever he wanted on no one in the Marvel Universe could stop him. Marvel is suppose to be the big green sad monster type, so no WWHulk couldnt stick around. But he may get a movie some day cause that was a great story"
    Well Superman stays around on DC and he God on earth. Especially pre crisis Superman lifting islands and stuff. "
    Yeah but at the end of the day, Superman has Kryptonite. Hulk doesnt. Superman got "killed" (coma) by the weakest form of Doomsday to date. WW Hulk would destroy Doomsday
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sidney
    @The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney said:
    Hellz yeah "
    Well Superman stays around on DC and he God on earth. Especially pre crisis Superman lifting islands and stuff. "
    Yeah but at the end of the day, Superman has Kryptonite. Hulk doesnt. Superman got "killed" (coma) by the weakest form of Doomsday to date. WW Hulk would destroy Doomsday"

I'm talking golden age Superman. Not silver age. Golden age Superman was unstoppable and unbreakable.
    Steel radra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Steel radra

As a character hulk can be a hero or an antihero dependin on which hulk is present. grey=antihero, profeesor=hero, savage green hulk= a force of nature that "just wants to be left alone" can be good if the situation demands it. he isn't investigating  supervillans but he isn't going to abandon those that need his help. ww hulk reminded me of a superpowered conan the barbarian an old age hero.

The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Batman!
    @Sidney:

Yeah that guy was SUPER unstoppable. DC had to change him because of that same reason. Thats why WWhulk didnt stay in the "Hulk" books. The God like characters like those two dont stay around. Golden Supes, and WWHulk are the top of thoses character's forms. So yes, WWhulk was the best
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Steel radra said:
    " As a character hulk can be a hero or an antihero dependin on which hulk is present. grey=antihero, profeesor=hero, savage green hulk= a force of nature that "just wants to be left alone" can be good if the situation demands it. he isn't investigating  supervillans but he isn't going to abandon those that need his help. ww hulk reminded me of a superpowered conan the barbarian an old age hero. "
    I believe that this is the best explanation to the question at hand. So far.
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sidney
    @The Batman! said:
    "@Sidney: Yeah that guy was SUPER unstoppable. DC had to change him because of that same reason. Thats why WWhulk didnt stay in the "Hulk" books. The God like characters like those two dont stay around. Golden Supes, and WWHulk are the top of thoses character's forms. So yes, WWhulk was the best"

Agreed but still love a godlen age Superman movie and WWHulk movie.
    Steel radra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Steel radra

thanks watchdog

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.