He is getting owned in the next Avengers movie

#1 Posted by Highlander_615 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the Hulk smashed in the Avengers, right? He was the best part of the movie, as some people say. But I believe that in the next one he will get beaten up. Hard. If they want to establish Thanos as a powerful villain that shouldn't be handed lightly, he should go after the strongest one. Its so inevitable and predictable that is exactly what is going to happen to him in the next movie.

#2 Posted by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

While it's likely Thanos will give hulk the worf treatment, the next movie is three years away and I don't think it even has a script yet. So let's not jump to conclusions.

#3 Posted by Fifthchild (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Not so sure about that. I'm not so sure at this stage that they will portray Thanos as some overwhelming physical powerhouse. Not much to go on but in that last scene his hand is a very normal "puny human" looking. And Whedon has said that as far as he is concerned Hulk is the strongest one there is. But we'll see. No doubt Hulk and the Avengers will beput through the wringer one way or another.

#4 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fifthchild said:

Not so sure about that. I'm not so sure at this stage that they will portray Thanos as some overwhelming physical powerhouse. Not much to go on but in that last scene his hand is a very normal "puny human" looking. And Whedon has said that as far as he is concerned Hulk is the strongest one there is. But we'll see. No doubt Hulk and the Avengers will beput through the wringer one way or another.

Actually I prefer they will make Thanos pull out some kind of mind game against the Avengers, instead of plain Physical attacks, Manipulation game from Thanos will definitely makes the movie more interesting. Thanos is a Genius, he sure can make some master plan to Invade Earth, or they can make him manipulate the Avengers to turn against each other (like we see how Loki's Skeptor did it).

remember Whedon said that the Sequel will be more personal, darker and smaller scale....we should not expect those Michael Bay style of explosion scene...Thanos scheme will do a great fit into a darker and smaller version of Avengers sequel.

#5 Posted by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer thanos to be the main villain for the possible third movie, let the franchise go out with a bang. have pym and wasp show up for pt 2 , the villain Ultron , this way they can include vision , ive actually come up with a good plot that allows my above statement to make sense

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's way to soon for anyone to assume the Hulk is gonna get owned in the nest "Avengers" movie.

#7 Posted by ThanoStomp (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think there's a blueprint out there already, and IMO, its not good. Its the Avengers Assemble series. If the movie goes the route of that comic, then I will be EXTREMELY disappointed and pissed. They SHOULD portray Thanos as the mastermind and powerhouse that he really is, and not the lame showing he had it that series.

#8 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember Hulk being in infinity that much. I remember the story being very Captain and Thor driven. But I don't want to spoil the plot of it as to why Hulk didn't play a major part. Then again the comic book movies other then Sin City, 300 don't go page by page. Thanos with the gauntlet is uber powerful probably could beat both red and green at the same time.

#9 Posted by Highlander_615 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Fifthchild said:

Not so sure about that. I'm not so sure at this stage that they will portray Thanos as some overwhelming physical powerhouse. Not much to go on but in that last scene his hand is a very normal "puny human" looking. And Whedon has said that as far as he is concerned Hulk is the strongest one there is. But we'll see. No doubt Hulk and the Avengers will beput through the wringer one way or another.

Actually I prefer they will make Thanos pull out some kind of mind game against the Avengers, instead of plain Physical attacks, Manipulation game from Thanos will definitely makes the movie more interesting. Thanos is a Genius, he sure can make some master plan to Invade Earth, or they can make him manipulate the Avengers to turn against each other (like we see how Loki's Skeptor did it).

remember Whedon said that the Sequel will be more personal, darker and smaller scale....we should not expect those Michael Bay style of explosion scene...Thanos scheme will do a great fit into a darker and smaller version of Avengers sequel.

I hope they don't portray him like that, because that was Loki in the first film. He should be this unbeatable force of evil like Sauron or Morgoth, kinda like Darkseid was supposed to be in Smallville if they didn't fd him up.

#10 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Highlander_615:

As long as they stay away from that route and not give Thanos fan girls who orgasm his name all over the place like Granny Goodness did in Smallville with Darkseid the mysterious shadow bubble thing, then I'm down with it.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@Highlander_615:

As long as they stay away from that route and not give Thanos fan girls who orgasm his name all over the place like Granny Goodness did in Smallville with Darkseid the mysterious shadow bubble thing, then I'm down with it.

0_O

#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Lol, you never did see the Smallville series finale, did you Mr. Skull?

#13 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

I certainly hope so.

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@TheAcidSkull:

Lol, you never did see the Smallville series finale, did you Mr. Skull?

no i haven't ma'am.....no i haven't......

#15 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Watch it. 2 hours of questions with the ending leaving the viewer with a permanent face like this:

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@TheAcidSkull:

Watch it. 2 hours of questions with the ending leaving the viewer with a permanent face like this:

thats exactly what i am trying to avoid :P

#17 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Do what I do and watch Unexplained Videos on Youtube. Debunking supernatural uploads since the day those guys made their profile. XD

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: lol ok, i'll check it out.

#19 Posted by Highlander_615 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Actually I prefer they will make Thanos pull out some kind of mind game against the Avengers, instead of plain Physical attacks, Manipulation game from Thanos will definitely makes the movie more interesting. Thanos is a Genius, he sure can make some master plan to Invade Earth, or they can make him manipulate the Avengers to turn against each other (like we see how Loki's Skeptor did it).

remember Whedon said that the Sequel will be more personal, darker and smaller scale....we should not expect those Michael Bay style of explosion scene...Thanos scheme will do a great fit into a darker and smaller version of Avengers sequel.

So in other words, we gonna have the same type of villain from the previous movie. And if Whedon intends to go the direction he loves doing in his general work, he is going to ruin the Avengers for other people.

#20 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

we cannot tell. it is probable..but the same can be told for thor or iron man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.