Have all Hulks been able to amp ?

#1 Posted by kgb725 (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

Do all Hulk incarnations have the ability to increase strength ?

#2 Edited by RaynorJ (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I think only Professor Hulk can't amp his strength no matter the state of his emotion, all others can.

#3 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean all the other hulks in the Marvel U?? Or just the incarnations of Hulk??

Because I don't think guys like Red Hulk and Abomination can do that.

#4 Posted by dum529001 (1577 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62:

Red-Hulk can.

He can't. he can only amp to some degree. not like the other hulks

#6 Posted by kgb725 (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: @raynorj: i read somewhere that he could amp faster than joe fixit but slower than savage and red hulk can amp but mostly through energy absorption

#7 Edited by dum529001 (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@dum529001: @raynorj: i read somewhere that he could amp faster than joe fixit but slower than savage and red hulk can amp but mostly through energy absorption

That's right.

Joe Fixit is more mellow than Savage Hulk so he doesn't rage as much, and thus doesn't stress as much, which means his amping tends not to escalate as wildly.

Red Hulk can suck out the power form other mega beings in order to increase his own. He doesn't amp due to stress like the other Hulks (Bruce& Jenifer).

#8 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Scar/World Breaker were pretty much at the height of hulks power, but he could still take it farther

Joe Fixit could but at a more controlled rate than regular hulk

Prof Hulk was pretty much locked at a certain level I believe.

She-hulk has lost control before and gone berserk with a power increase

Lyra - Can enter some form of "gamma meditation" and rip **** up, however before banner helped her she would get weaker the angrier she got

Red Hulk can absorb energy and get stronger, at the risk of becoming a walking nuke, these ability has been neutered though

Red She-hulk slightly mirrored the red hulk.

And Finally Skaar has the benefits of both gamma powers and the ability to channel the super strong old power which is fueled by the planet he's on

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15984 posts) - - Show Bio

Any hulk except for prof hulk Can basically amp up his strength. though the base level is different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.