has thing ever beating hulk?

#1 Posted by crabtree (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

has thing ever beating hulk?

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
once, but there were special circumstances.
#4 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutated Thing beat The Grey Hulk .
And Ultimate Thing beat Hulk too .

#5 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch: 
wow... ultimate hulk doesnt seem like much of a threat in the ultimate universe at all
#6 Edited by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2529 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17 said:

" @TheJuggernautpunch:  wow... ultimate hulk doesnt seem like much of a threat in the ultimate universe at all "

yeah, he does, because he eats and murders people and adapts to things as fast as the Flash can run, his skin is practically invulnerable (so much so that he broke an adamantium needle)
#7 Posted by daveydavey (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he beating him............

#8 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: 
oh... now thats creepy lol.
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17 said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  oh... now thats creepy lol. "

yea but that kinda seems like a more realistic Hulk to me. But i could understand a Hulk like the 616 universe has as well
#10 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thing is one of the people to hold Hulk off until somebody else comes like Sentry

#11 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"once, but there were special circumstances. "

thats exatly what i was about to say
#12 Posted by jec (72 posts) - - Show Bio

giant size fantastic four #1.  the thing and hulks brains are switched by one of reeds and banners machines.  the hulk adapts to being in the things body and starts punching ben is busy thinking and can't really get his bearings.  thing wins(with hulks brains)
#13 Posted by G Bird (1277 posts) - - Show Bio
@moviegeek17 said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch:  wow... ultimate hulk doesnt seem like much of a threat in the ultimate universe at all "
Ultimate Hulk once ripped Wolverine in half... not a threat?
#14 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2529 posts) - - Show Bio
@jec said:
" giant size fantastic four #1.  the thing and hulks brains are switched by one of reeds and banners machines.  the hulk adapts to being in the things body and starts punching ben is busy thinking and can't really get his bearings.  thing wins(with hulks brains) "
So technically, hulk still won.

@CATMANEXE said:
" once, but there were special circumstances. "

Special circumstances as in, re-writing history.
#15 Posted by kamakazyshr3w (13 posts) - - Show Bio

hey i know this isnt realavent but i jus posted a kool ultimate destruction gamaplay vid on youtube featuring a maneuverability glich i discovered, its also a challeng vid for a competitors.  the vids called hulk "challenge"
thx kamakaztshr3w  
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hulk+challenge&aq=f        
#16 Posted by comicguy9 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

not in fantansic four i dont think so
#17 Posted by TheMarvelFanboy (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully not. Even though it probably did happen, I think Thing would never be able to beat Hulk
#18 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it was when he was extremely mutated and the Hulk was Grey and weaker.  Even so, Marvel had the Hulk beat the mutated Thing in an immediate re-match.  It's too damn bad the Thing hasn't won more of these fights.  If he had, new writers would have to give Ben and his strength a lot more respect.  This would have been to Marvel's benefit as well.  See, if they had kept these two close in terms of strength and wins & losses against each other, then Marvel would still be able to match these two against each other in battles that fans would find compelling, Instead of letting the Hulk's strength grow and grow to keep him stronger than anyone else whilesimutaneously  letting the Thing's strength and eventually respect stagnate and then recede.  It's a damn shame, too.  Ben Grimm:  The Thing is a much better character. 
#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18699 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Why? i prefer the hulk , besides there still more to the hulk than what we see know, i'm still waiting for the return of the devil hulk, but i guess it's matter of opinion.

#20 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Thing has beaten the Hulk at cards a few times.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@PowerHerc: Why? i prefer the hulk , besides there still more to the hulk than what we see know, i'm still waiting for the return of the devil hulk, but i guess it's matter of opinion.

This. Our opinions are simply different.

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

He did once, but as others have already said: special circumstances.

Still, in almost every single fight they've ever had together (to my knowledge) Thing has always held his own before the Hulk won. Thing is definitely underrated as a bruiser, and lasting more than a few minutes with Hulk while getting a few good hits is a pretty respectable accomplishment on its own.

As for which one I personally prefer? The Thing. Ben's consistently written as the bruiser with a heart of gold. I love his attitude and his relationships with other characters are great. Hulk, on the other hand, is almost always written differently, making it hard for me to really enjoy the character. If Hulk was written like he was during Planet Hulk/WWH or like he was portrayed as in the Avengers movie, then Hulk would be one of my favorite characters of all time. Since he's not, Thing will always be preferred.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.