Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Extra-Dimensional or Inter-Dimensional ?

Avatar image for theultimatesurvivor
    TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, most people probably don't know how the Hulk's power actually work, so just lets get this straight
    He gets his power from some unknown dimension. From it he gets mass, bones, tissues, energy, all what makes hima Hulk. It is in his official bio

No Caption Provided
    Notice how it is said " presumably extra-dimensional".
    We all know that in Secret Wars #8 Beyonder said that Hulk's power was infinite, had no finite element and resembled himself actually.
    This is not a glorify Hulk thread or anything but seriously, I'm very interested what is such a dimension that allows Hulk to
    - punch through timestorms, dimensions, destroy cosmoses
    - break the "unbreakables" like Adamantium, Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, Flame of Life which was created by Deviants to fight Gods and Celestials, forcefields of Doom, Collector, Onslaught's armor and others
    - performing ridiculous feats of strength like resisting anti-matter attraction, punching asteroids, lifting mountains
    - being able to see astral projections, grasping pure energy, being unaffected by intangibility, magic, etc..

There are other ridiculous feats of Hulk that I have in my collection, I can support scans for any if you ask
    But there is one thing here

No Caption Provided
    Surfer says its inter-dimensional. So extra or inter ?
    There is another interesting scan here

No Caption Provided
    Notice the last part about "walking nexus of reality".
    It's pretty interesting, you see, whenever Hulk transforms back to Banner the energy and mass returns to that dimension. Gamma rays and anger seem to somewhat transfer the flow of energy from that source.
    So could that dimension be the ultimate source of unlimited power seeing how even beings from beyond found no limit to it ?
    Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Super_Gui_1

I think this would require some definitions. Such as whats the difference between inter and extra dimensional? And what's suppose to be a nexus of reality? Anyway quite an interesting thread, Hulk power is still something unknow even after all this time.

Avatar image for theultimatesurvivor
    TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_Gui_1 said:

I think this would require some definitions. Such as whats the difference between inter and extra dimensional? And what's suppose to be a nexus of reality? Anyway quite an interesting thread, Hulk power is still something unknow even after all this time.

I think inter-dimensional is something that belongs to the mainstream universe while extra-dimensional is something beyond that. I could be wrong, though, I base it mostly on what I know about the Octessencecause those guys are extra-dimensional.
    Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Well Hulk did go to other universe before and it didn't seem to affect his power. It must be extra-dimensional.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.