Emotion or Heart Rate or Neither?

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's transformation always confuses me. At first I thought it was triggered by emotion, but the movie (and yeah, I know it's dangerous to believe the movies) say it was the heart rate. How does the Hulk transformation work, exactly?

#2 Posted by Loki9876 (3004 posts) - - Show Bio

emotion is linked to the heart rate

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19396 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but it was always supposed to be anger, not just heartrate. "Uh oh, got horny, Hulkin' out, watch out baby." Wouldn't that suck if any strong emotion instantly turned you to a rage-crazy green monster.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Exactly what I'm talking about

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Far as I know, it's just anger.

#6 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

When you are really angry, your heart rate changes. Thus, they are connected.

BUT never trust the movies. They gave Spidey organic web!!! WTF???? (at least in ASM he has web-shooters)

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkChris said:

BUT never trust the movies. They gave Spidey organic web!!! WTF???? (at least in ASM he has web-shooters)

But your heart rate changes when you're excited, anxious, or sexually aroused. So is Banner gonna Hulk out under all those circumstances as well?

#8 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@DarkChris said:

But your heart rate changes when you're excited, anxious, or sexually aroused. So is Banner gonna Hulk out under all those circumstances as well?

I think there is a comic where Banner has sex with a woman and before "the big moment" he turns into Hulk. Poor Brucie boy.....

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkChris said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@DarkChris said:

I think there is a comic where Banner has sex with a woman and before "the big moment" he turns into Hulk. Poor Brucie boy.....

...Gross... Poor girl...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.