Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Edward Norton's "Hulk" In "Avengers"?

• 68 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

ARGHHH!!!!
    ARGHHH!!!!

If you are a fan of the " Avengers", and are anticipating the release of the film as much as I am, then I am sure you have asked yourself whether or not the role of the " Hulk" will make it into the film.  I will admit, while the "Hulk" movie did not quite see the major success that " Iron Man" did, he was still at one time a part of the "Avengers." Not to mention, Tony StarkDID make that cameo appearance at the end of the Hulk film; so it is of no surprise that the Edward Norton was asked if there would be a chance that we would be seeing him once again breath life into "The Hulk" in the upcoming Avengers film.

"I probably won't comment on that just because they keep a pretty tight rein on what they are letting out," Norton said in a group interview covered by Sci Fi where he was promoting a documentary focused on Barack Obama's rise to Presidency.

While I am a little bit unsure at the success of the Hulk film, I know that there are plenty of Hulk fans out there that would love to catch a glimpse of the mean green fighting machine in action. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see Edward Norton's "Hulk" in the upcoming "Avengers" movie?
    prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By prez

hulk and edward norton MUST be on the avangers

Fluke-buddha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fluke-buddha

That would be awesome!  Hulk is much better suited as a supporting role than trying to carry his own film, IMO.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sparda

Yes, Hulk should definitely be in the Avengers! And not as the villain, like in Ultimates. I want him as a member, damn it. Personally, I liked the Hulk movie more than Iron Man.

GreenGriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreenGriffin

Hulk and Norton should be apart of the avengers film. Incredible Hulk it made enough to be consider a success at the box office. Plus I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be apart of the film. I just hope they have Loki as the main baddie.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goldenkey

usually when an actor is not doing a project he lets it know right away,  If he's playing with the idea of doing it then there's a no comment.  To be able to get Downey, Norton, and Jackson in the same movie, and a comic rendition at that.   Oh the fanboys are getting errections at the very thought

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

This would be seriously cool. An Avengers movie could be mind blowing. It would seem rather rude if Hulk isn't in the movie after that awesome little shot of Robert Downey Jr. at the end of the Hulk movie. Where he says, "We're putting together a team.".
    What I find more surprising is that it seems that they aren't making a separate Captain America movie. He is the team leader.

I'm almost worried thought about how you make the movie without it just being an over crowded SFX mess and little story. High hopes though.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adam Michaels

Funny thing is that the film was considered a success by Marvel and Universal and that they have expressed interest in continuing the franchise. I think everyone has expressed interest in returning. The only unsure part of the whole thing is Edward Norton.

Despite the company being happy with The Incredible Hulk, it seems that not everyone was as enthusiastic and eager to make a sequel the way the folks working on Iron Man were (i.e. Favreau and Downey Jr.).

I really loved The Incredible Hulk and REALLY wished that things were as clear and secure with this cast and crew as they are with Iron Man. Not to mention Edward Norton being an awesome Bruce Banner (an excellent actor period).

P.S. It would have been nice if you used Edward Norton's Hulk in your picture instead of Eric Bana's. ;)

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By acewasp23
    @Sparda said:
    "Yes, Hulk should definitely be in the Avengers! And not as the villain, like in Ultimates. I want him as a member, damn it. Personally, I liked the Hulk movie more than Iron Man."

you and me both..
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Decept-O

I quite enjoyed Ed Norton as Bruce Banner and The Incredible Hulk was a well made movie, very little complaints about it, if any. 

Regarding Hulk being in The Avengers, my speculation is that the Hulk would be the "villain" of sorts, being mind-controlled by The Leader and that's why The Avengers form.   I think it's what is hinted at with Tony Stark talking to Gen. Ross and Nick Fury, etc.  I could be wrong or I am simply stating the obvious.  I'd be disappointed, though, if Norton didn't return.  He made an excellent Bruce Banner.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Moomin123

Hulk was one of the founders of the Avengers. He must be in this movie.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LastSon1027

The problem with getting these really big, established names for parts like this is most the time they only take the part for the check, and they are way too afraid of stereotyping to commit to the part for more than one film. I commend Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst for returning to these roles that they don't need to maintain their success but they enjoy playing.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @prez said:
    " hulk and edward norton MUST be on the avangers "
    Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By Fresh0133

I dont' see why the Hulk wouldn't be in the movie, if they stay true to the origins of the Loki will make the Hulk look like a villain to the Avengers and they'll fight him only to find out Loki is the one behind all of the trouble and fight him instead, an all out Thor vs. Hulk fight sounds pretty awesome to me.

TehLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TehLantern

Edward Norton was a great Bruce Banner, way better than Eric Bana in my opinion. He suited the character alot more then Bana did. Norton even looked like Banner did in most of the Hulk comics. I would love to see him in the new Avengers movie. Im just taking a wild guess here, but if Robert Downey AKA Tony Stark was in Hulk movie, then im guessing Norton is going to have a role in the Avengers. That scene was obviously a lead up to what is going to happen in the Avengers movie.

GreenGriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreenGriffin
    @Fresh03 said:
    "

I dont' see why the Hulk wouldn't be in the movie, if they stay true to the origins of the Loki will make the Hulk look like a villain to the Avengers and they'll fight him only to find out Loki is the one behind all of the trouble and fight him instead, an all out Thor vs. Hulk fight sounds pretty awesome to me.

"

Also some Hulkbuster Armor from Iron Man would be cool to see on the big screen.
    Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By Fresh0133
    @GreenGriffin said:
    "@Fresh03 said:
    "

"

Also some Hulkbuster Armor from Iron Man would be cool to see on the big screen.
    "

Heck yeah it would!
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Sparda said:
    "Yes, Hulk should definitely be in the Avengers! And not as the villain, like in Ultimates. I want him as a member, damn it. Personally, I liked the Hulk movie more than Iron Man."

Same here, except i want the Hulk to be a villain at first and then he joins up to fight some other bad guy or something
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By jefprice

If you go on Marvels site and dig around, you'll find that the whole reason Stark was in the film, and the SHIELD cameos, and the talk about Cap are because they were tie ins to the Avengers. You can dig around in their news and interview area and find a lot of their staff, writers and other saying that.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VWGTI

Marvel Studios should make sure this happens.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By glforthewin
    @dreadmaster:  Or the Hulk could be manipulated by the big bad guy of the film 
    Maximillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maximillion

I liked his potrayal of the Hulk

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Bergquist

thay should try a control him and have a skrull invaion with the fantasic four cameo

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @danielspengies said:
    "  I read a rumor that Hulk was going to be the "villain" in the Avengers movie "
    That would also fit into the "Ultimate Avengers" storyline in which they took on the Grey Hulk.
    Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli

The Avengers movie NEEDS the Hulk.

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TelekineticSun

If they don't have Banner Hulking out and being a sideline villian, it would still be very cool to see Edward Norton in the lab working on something, helping Fury out with a formula of somesort.

I loved Staks cameo in Incredible Hulk.
    They should have had more cameos through out all of the other Marvel flicks. I love the  fact that they live around eachother and run into eachother from time and again.
    They should've had Frank Castle moping at a gravestone in the background of one of the many cemetary scenes in the Spider-Man movies. Fans would have loved that.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
    Hulk in the Avengers would be absolutely awesome
    KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KJPPPimp

It just isn't the Avengers without a run-in with the Hulk. I personally liked the Incredible Hulk movie as much as Iron Man (different reasons though) and I would love to see Norton's Hulk/ Banner involved as a manipulated antagonist. Plus, who doesn't want to see the awesomeness that was the climactic battle of the first arc of the Ultimates on the big screen.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Captain13

I think we're worried about the wrong thing. I read an article a while back that says even if the Hulk IS in the Avengers movie, Ed Norton might not be, which is to say the Hulk won't turn into Banner. I think that this is a TERRIBLE idea. Ed Norton/Bruce Banner gave Hulk the humanity he needs. If I want an angry, idiotic, ridiculously buff villain on screen, I'll just watch X3.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@Sparda:
    I agree, Hulk should not be the villain.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bruce Vain

Personally, I would rather just have another Hulk movie where they bring in the Leader and possibly Wendigo.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chaos Agent

Norton is awesome

If I of all people loved a movie featuring Hulk that should give you a clue

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jefprice

Norton's a idiot. Lol But I love him in this and most other films.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
    Well if Hulk isnt the Villian in the Movie... then who Should be The Villian ?
    Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MysteriousBlack

I'd like to see Hulk but I'd like to see the Eric Bana (as the picture up there you used is him) version... The Norton version looks really digital.

Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MysteriousBlack

I know I'm also probably alone on the Eric Bana thing...

SirSleepy247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SirSleepy247

edward nortons hulk is a must in the avengers!

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Meteorite

Hell yeah I'd love to see him!

TheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBat

I actually loved the Incredible Hulk movie just as much as I did Iron Man.  Norton's version is the best on-screen version I've seen so far and I'd love for him to return and play the character in the Avengers movie. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'll keep my finger's crossed. Yeah, the Hulk should definitely be in the movie.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Citizen 14

I Hope so. Not so much because I like Hulk but because I love Edward Norton.

Rich-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rich-Man

i would love to see norton and his hulk in the avengers movie. i like reading iron-man but, personally, i enjoyed the incredible hulk movie better than iron-man, and im not really a hulk reader.

No Caption Provided

FatCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FatCobra

It saddens me that the Incredible Hulk movie didn't do too well. I thought it was just as good as Iron Man. Oh well,  I'd love to see the Hulk smack the Avengers around.

DemoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DemoMan

I would love to see Edward Norton and "his version" of the Hulk in The Avengers (I'm also in the minority who actually liked The Incredible Hulk more than Iron Man. It just interest me more).
    And like someone else posted I think you should use a picture from The Incredible Hulk (2008) than from Hulk (2003) in the article and perhaps refer the movie as The Incredible Hulk  to avoid confusion with some people. ;)

Perspective91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Perspective91

I love the Hulk! And Edward is an Amazing actor for playing the role of Bruce Banner.. I would most definitely want to see the Hulk be in the Avengers movie, and kick some serious A!!!!

dreamcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dreamcaster

Favreau is the perfect man for the job,he will bring us all the Avengers we have waited so long to watch on the big screen! [I hope..]

Also i'm still annoyed that Howard Terrance wont be the War machine,he was great in Ironman 
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By Bergquist
    @King Saturn said:
    "Well if Hulk isnt the Villian in the Movie... then who Should be The Villian ?
    "

skrulls and F4
    Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nisk5

I like Edward Norton as an actor. He has made some great movies. But I dont like the way he plays Bruce Banner. He sounds like he's whining all the time and that made "The Incredible Hulk" a little less enjoyable

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cascadeking09
    @King Saturn said:
    " Well if Hulk isnt the Villian in the Movie... then who Should be The Villian ?
    "
    why would hulk be the villian
    GMPinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GMPinks

Yes definitely!  Eric Bana is a decent actor, but let's be honest, his Hulk kinda blew chunks.  But Edward Norton brought him back, and much better I might add.  I hope he stays on board

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Constantine

I liked Ed and Stark appeared in the movie

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler said:
    "@prez said:
    " hulk and edward norton MUST be on the avangers "
    "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.