Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Does the Hulk really have unlimited strength?

• 151 results
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

I guess on to quadruple than. Bare with me here i am sure this time it's gonna work man, for real. Have some faith.

Still no change even in advances in medical science there is still no hope for you. I guess it's just your fate for the guys in the white coats to coats to come get you.

Ok, now we are gonna try something completely new, let's go on to quintuple the dose. Though there appears to be a strange side-effect of repeating the same word twice, i am sure it's nothing important, let's move on.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mettlekm

Hulk is a comic book character. The physics discussions, while interesting, aren't relevant. We're inside the Matrix man!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

I guess on to quadruple than. Bare with me here i am sure this time it's gonna work man, for real. Have some faith.

Still no change even in advances in medical science there is still no hope for you. I guess it's just your fate for the guys in the white coats to coats to come get you.

Ok, now we are gonna try something completely new, let's go on to quintuple the dose. Though there appears to be a strange side-effect of repeating the same word twice, i am sure it's nothing important, let's move on.

When they come for you don't fight. You'll get a spiffy new straitjacket that's all the rage in this years institute fashion. Think of it as a nice, quiet, and peaceful vacation. With all the colorful pills you could ever want. Suuure they've already proven to have failed you but they can't possibly make you any worse. I mean really you can't possibly get any worse. It's just not possible.

The illusions are getting stronger i see, don't worry i have a full proof plan that will surely help and you will never guess what it is, it's a sextuple doze of Prozac.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

@dernman said:

@raynorj said:

When they come for you don't fight. You'll get a spiffy new straitjacket that's all the rage in this years institute fashion. Think of it as a nice, quiet, and peaceful vacation. With all the colorful pills you could ever want. Suuure they've already proven to have failed you but they can't possibly make you any worse. I mean really you can't possibly get any worse. It's just not possible.

The illusions are getting stronger i see, don't worry i have a full proof plan that will surely help and you will never guess what it is, it's a sextuple doze of Prozac.

Wonder which one of the voices in your head are talking now.

The troll one, the one that thanks you for the feed. LOL, seriously i could have kept you going until you reached centuple. Have a nice day.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulks powers are reactionary so there is no answer for this, it is survival instinct, He is like the mutant Darwin, if you crush banner with a house, he would become the hulk, if you crushed the hulk with a mountain he would become the stronger hulk, if galactis ate the hulk I'd imagine he becomes strong enough to burst out of his stomach... But it would be up to the author. What limits the hulk is that he only gets stronger and more Indistructable, if you threw him down a bottomless pit he could not adapt to fly, so no matter how strong he is, shoot him into deep space and he ain't coming back.... Well obviously unless he lands on another world with the resources to get him home.... (Why it's hard to say superman can beat him by throwing him into space... Writers would just find a way to get him back to earth angrier then before)

So yes the hulks Strength is only limited by the threat, and the author.

dannyjonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

@dernman said:

@dannyjonesy: So a Celestial stating that Hulk has infinite power is hyperbole now

Not just now. It was always hyperbole. What you think Celestials can't use hyperbole?

....okay then maybe in your world.

No in reality.

Second, since Hulk always finds a way to increase his rage since 1962, it's more likely that Hulk has no limit to his rage,

Right because other characters haven't been getting power boosts since the 60's.......I guess everybody has unlimited powers then.

then your theory that Hulk just hasn't reached the limit of his rage even though Hulk has probably endured more suffering, hardships and betrayals then probably any other hero in the MU since his creation.

You're joking right? Suffered the more than anyone? geez man get a grip You must have a limited knowledge of the MU if you think that. Hell there is a whole Mutant race that would disagree with you.

Third, if you can't state your point without lowering yourself to hurling insults such as "delusional" then maybe you should stay off forums until you mature a bit.

Excuse me but when did I use delusional? If you're going to accuse me of something then maybe it's something I should have said. Second I find it funny how you would call my behavior immature. You really should looking at your posts in an objective manner. There is a certain word that floats around for this these boards that I could use.

Lastly, it's you're hysterical not "your hysterical". Try growing up.

Ha ha ha. I meant what I said. A both in the sense you're a getting so bothered by your hero not having "unlimited power", and B "you're hysterical" is a commonly used phrase to mean you're funny to signify that the humor is coming from you and not the situation. Maybe you should take a look at your past post before you correct anyone on their grammar. Further made funny when you missed the actual mistake when I made the typo your instead of you're.

Epic Fail

Really dude keep going I could use another laugh.

I haven't checked this site in about a month but your response is so moronic I just had to reply. First, how are you even trying to argue with me about your improper use of the English language? Are you really trying to tell me that when you said "your hysterical" that it was proper grammar? I was clearly right when I corrected you and told you the proper way to spell it is you're hysterical. Now that the obvious part is out of the way..... you can state that a Celestial saying Hulk has no finite element is hyberbole a million times more if you would like but it won't change my opinion and probably won't change anyone else's opinion either. As I stated before, every comic reader in the whole world is going to give more credibility to statements in comics then anything you have to say. Keep going with your same old argument that basically boils down to you trying to convince people that what you say about characters is more credible then what the actual comics and writers say about the characters. Hilarious man .....users actually post scans to back up their claims, then you try to refute them with just your words and no proof.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dannyjonesy: Dude grow up this conversation was over a month ago. Let it go.

dannyjonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: lol I haven't even thought about this topic since I last logged in over a month ago but when I saw your response for the first time last night I just had to answer.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

dannyjonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hulkworldbreakeroftheworld
    hulkworldbreakeroftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His strength is based on plot so basically the story decides how strong he is so yes he has unlimited strength.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He has unlimited potential for unlimited strength.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We should wait till hes in a deathbattle to find that out

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MrDevil

Hulk hold the weight of a star in Infinity #5 - The Left Hand of Death

No Caption Provided

even way before he was this strong Hulk could easily go against the power to change the orbit of a planet

No Caption Provided

all that while still being able to think. Now when coming to Hulk having unlimited strength?

Yes most people who even has limitless power or have infinity strength still fear his power

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

More recently Hulk overpowered Hyperion a being that has been capable of holding two Universe from colliding by a period of time.

A controlled Savage Hulk has overpowered Hyperion, a being that hold two Universes

No Caption Provided

In a battle of Hyperion with Hulk, the Green Goliath drag blood from the titan with easy.

Take in consideration Hyperion tanked a the destruction of TWO universes without any kind of damage and SURVIVED in the void of nothingness.

When asked Hickman about this feat he confirmed it.

No Caption Provided

Later on when asked to Hickman who was more powerful of the Avengers Hickman answered this

No Caption Provided

In terms of strength Hulk is the strongest.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Schwarz

I think when the writers confirm it, the debate is pretty much over...

Anyhow back in the days, it kept saying that Hulk had no limits in the narations. We could argue about it forever but I would really go with Marvel's writers and Hulk's creator on this more than random Hulk haters on an unofficial forum.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

I think when the writers confirm it, the debate is pretty much over...

Anyhow back in the days, it kept saying that Hulk had no limits in the narations. We could argue about it forever but I would really go with Marvel's writers and Hulk's creator on this more than random Hulk haters on an unofficial forum.

Hickman already confirmed it so... yeah.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By Ultifan123

Technically not, he has base level strength of 100,000 tons which means that he does not have infinite strength, rather immense strength. He has no limit to his strength he can reach but he can never reach a point where he has infinite strength.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultifan123: Hulk has no base level strength, even freshly transformed he preformed feats ranging in quintillion tons.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: This is where you are wrong, the hulk has a strength level classification and has trouble fighting beings like Thor who lift millions of tons.

Hulk has no limit to his strength but it depends on how much anger causes him to transform into the hulk, if banner were put through enduring pain such as watching all of his loved ones dying, it is conceivable that the enraged hulk could lift somewhere around the million ton range, but after this boost he must fight and gain anger as the hulk to better his strength.

And as far as quintillions of tons, the most strength he exerted was the ability to break a small planet which took months of anger to accomplish. If he were to have quintillions of tons of strength, characters like juggernaut who lift under a million tons would be flies. And juggernaut has beaten the hulk in many occasions.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: This is where you are wrong, the hulk has a strength level classification and has trouble fighting beings like Thor who lift millions of tons.

Hulk has no limit to his strength but it depends on how much anger causes him to transform into the hulk, if banner were put through enduring pain such as watching all of his loved ones dying, it is conceivable that the enraged hulk could lift somewhere around the million ton range, but after this boost he must fight and gain anger as the hulk to better his strength.

And as far as quintillions of tons, the most strength he exerted was the ability to break a small planet which took months of anger to accomplish. If he were to have quintillions of tons of strength, characters like juggernaut who lift under a million tons would be flies. And juggernaut has beaten the hulk in many occasions.

No i am not wrong, i have no idea where you get these false information but both the handbooks, writers and even Thor himself have stated that Hulk is not only stronger then Thor but is the strongest superhero. You got it the other way around Thor is the one that has trouble fighting Hulk and even half a century ago while weakened Hulk managed to hold a 150 billion ton mountain, millions of tons are childs play to a guy that pulled a planet bigger then Earth back together, overpowered a planets orbit, held Exitar a being bigger then Earth from stomping his foot on it, held the weight of a star, etc...

You're understanding of the Hulk is ridiculously poor for you to not even know this feat(which he did when he was weakened)

No Caption Provided

and then you have him pulling a planet 1/3 bigger then Earth back together again he was weakened here

No Caption Provided

holding off Exitar from stomping the Earth

No Caption Provided

and finally holding the weight of a star

No Caption Provided

You need to keep up with Hulk and i dunno where you get the whole Thor and Juggernaut being only in millions of tons range, both of them are far stronger then that. And Juggernaut's true power does not even come from his physical strength but his durability which makes him virtually impossible to harm and his unstoppable momentum. Hulk has beaten Juggernaut and vice versa.

And where the hell do you get that it took him months of anger to break a small planet? Where does this come from? I have never heard of this nonsense before? What small planet and months of anger are you talking about? Hulk destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth once in one hit and it never took him months of anger to do so

and the other time when he clashed with RSH

which happened in mere seconds so where are you getting that it took him months to break a small planet? What small planet?

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Ultifan123

@atheistknowledge: He actually was not weekend and it took incredible amounts of time to reach that strength. That doesn't compare to lifting a book with infinite pages or devouring universes.

When I said months, I meant months to build up the strength, the anger, the rage with his fighting! This does not make up for anything because you have no knowledge to how long it took ti build the anger, and I do. Game over

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely not

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: He actually was not weekend and it took incredible amounts of time to reach that strength. That doesn't compare to lifting a book with infinite pages or devouring universes.

When I said months, I meant months to build up the strength, the anger, the rage with his fighting! This does not make up for anything because you have no knowledge to how long it took ti build the anger, and I do. Game over

Yes he was, it wasn't even Hulk that did that but Banner himself using Hulks body.

No Caption Provided

and what nonsense are you talking about it taking him incredible amounts of time to reach that strength? Molecule Man literally just dropped a mountain on their heads, he had to react in an instant. No time for him to muster his rage, not that he has to because he has gone from Banner to World Breaker in an instant when he wanted and that was his most powerful state.

What months to build up anger, strength and fighting? What are you even talking about? I literally just showed you and schooled you on things you obviously know nothing about, so will you tell me where was he building his anger for months? What are you even talking about? What instance? Feat? Book? Scan? Tell me? You literally just showed me that you do not even know the most basic things about Hulk, what the hell are you talking about? What game over lol?

No Caption Provided

When you manage to debunk to me all those feats and scans i showed then we can talk, until then i suggest you pick up a Hulk book and educate yourself.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Battle123axe

@ultifan123: okay in the cap a vs iron fist thread you seemed pretty cool and made some good arguments and convinced my good friend jojotheman4 to reconsider the shield, but you are showing no respect for hulk here.

The Hulk is one of the physically strongest beings in the marvel universe, with potential for limitless strength, and presumably stamina, durability, healing and adaptation. The Hulk was stated to be an Omega Level Threat by the Initiative[228] and by Mister Fantastic,[229] and even "the Original Omega Level Threat" by Gyrich.[230] He is even stated to be "the strongest hero in the world".[231]Nick Fury's intel classified him as power level 10+.[232] Also, as the Merged Hulk, he was described as part of the Omega-class entities by Doctor Octopus.[233]

Among the Incredible Hulk's most amazing feats of strength are: Supporting and rising up despite being weighed down with a force that was claimed to be equal to the weight of a star (Since its origin is widely detailed this assumption is presumed to be true. Once it was described as a supernova, its mass is at least 99% of the maximum white dwarf star, or 460,000 Earths. Thus the Hulk was at mininum supporting it while on his knees).[246] Holding a 150 billion ton mountain which was dropped on them by the Molecule Man when none of the other heroes could even react. [247] (It was later revealed that the She-Hulk attempted to help the Hulk to hold the mountain but was unable to do so for an extended period of time). Fighting and near overpowering the combined efforts of the Avengers (consisting of Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp and Giant-Man) and the Agents of Atlas (including Gorilla-Man, Namora, the Uranian, etc). [248] Ripping through a bunker designed to withstand the explosion of many thousands of megatons in magnitude.[249] Breaking through heavy duty blastdoors capable of withstanding a nuclear strike with a punch.[115] Punching away and knocking out the immovable Blob, and then punching the Unus the Untouchable's force field with such force that the force field hit Unus himself and knocked him out.[250] Overpowering the Invisible Woman, the Thing and the Human Torch,[251] and afterwards matching the combined forces of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.[252] Matching the Scarlet Witch (prior to House of M) and Wonder Man, Iron Man and the Vision, while the narration establishes that Hulk's power is greater than their combined might.[253] When the Thing's physical strength was almost doubled, the Hulk still had the upper hand.[254] Matching the Super Adaptoid who had acquired strength and durability of a hundred heroes like Iron Man and the Vision.[255] (If the statement of the cover is not directly contradicted by the story, then it is correct) Matching Drax the Destroyer (who was in possession of the Power Gem).[256] Closing the doors to a nuclear reactor core that Thor and the Thing together could not budge.[155] Reflecting Gladiator's ocular beams back into his own eyes, instantly knocking him unconscious (before they entered the factory).[257] Stopping a strike from Red Norvell's equal copy of Mjolnir in midair with one hand.[258] Matching the full strength and power of the Sentry, and defeating the latter.[167] Bringing the Juggernaut to his knees with just two blows.[259] Shattering the crimson bands of Cyttorak.[260] Knocking Silver Surfer out with three punches (They were both weakened by passage through the portal or vortex).[261] Matching two Avengers teams during a prolonged period of time despite of becoming increasingly weaker due to a physical separation from Bruce Banner (consisting of highly powerful individuals such as Hercules, Captain Marvel, the Iron Man, Wonder Man, Namor, the She-Hulk, etc). [262] Picking up and throwing the immense dragon Fin Fang Foom directly to the moon.[82] Throwing the Soul Gem through the interior layers of planet K'ai, into its core.[263] Almost breaking the East Coast and also threatening to break the entire planet by the emission of raw energy from his body.[167] Easily damaging and almost destroying Iron Man's armor.[264] Destroying the Crypto-Man after he was boosted with physical strength superior even to that of Thor.[265] Overpowering Thor several times.[266][267][268][269] Pushing a ten times stronger than normal warrior's madness Thor towards the ground with a single arm.[218] Overpowering the combined efforts of the Iron Man, Wonder Man, Hercules and Namor to pin him down despite becoming gradually weakened due to the physical separation from Banner.[270] Overpowering and pinning down a wet and all-out Namor with a single arm.[271] Pushing two large spheres of matter and antimatter apart and throwing one into outer space (whose inertial field attractive force was greater than that of a neutron star).[272] Holding together the tectonic plates of a planet to keep it from collapsing.[273] Overpowering a field of energy endowed with sufficient power to alter the orbit of a planet.[67] Ploughing through the Vector's telekinetic repulsion while he was repelling reality itself.[274] Overcoming his own strength, which was redirected against him.[87] Stopping the Juggernaut's charge and crumpling his helmet.[275] Destroying the Hammer of Nul.[183] Breaking off the solidified Adhesive X from his body with no leverage (which had never been done with physical force, before or after).[276] Performing a thunderclap that destroyed Dark Crawler's pocket-universe.[98] Shrugging off the combined efforts of Namor and Silver Surfer to restrain him.[277] Destroying a planet in the Dark Dimension as a side-effect of clashing with Red She-Hulk.[245] Destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth with a single punch.[278] (Mainly due to Hulk's superior physical toughness and to an impulse produced by the contraction of his legs. Based on the elastic potential energy, the impulse's kinetic energy was provided by the contraction) Driving the Wolverine's own claws back into his skull to cut Adamantium with Adamantium.[279] Overcoming a power-draining mechanism which contained much of the combined power of Hulk himself, Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer and Sub-Mariner, and none of the other Defenders could break out of.[280] Applying force to the space-time structure itself in order to prevent the other Defenders from being absorbed into a fissure.[140] (The size of the singularity is estimated to about seven feet. Thus, according to the Kerr radius for black holes with angular momentum, its mass and gravitational attraction is equivalent to approximately four hundred Earths) Smashing through Adamantium itself.[281][235] Crunching and twisting an Adamantium alloy around Blastaar, imprisoning and leaving him unable to break out, and throwing the sphere from New York to the mid-Atlantic.[282] Snapping Adamantium netting.[283] Shattering the M.O.D.O.K's Adamantium and steel alloy armor by just flexing his muscles.[284] Breaking up the space-time continuum with one powerful blow.[107] (Even the Kang's time machine was unable to penetrate it) Breaking up the continuum again with one single punch.[224] (The fragments of metal only gave access to the time barrier, and did not produce such an effect as seen since Hulk destroyed great quantities of the Chrono-metal before without producing such an effect) Also shattering a glass tempered with Negative Zone particles, effectively traversing a space-time portal obstructing his way, therefore actualizing the same outcome a third time.[192] Ripping apart an enormous device designed to fight against the Celestials (If this mechanism could withstand the power of a Cosmic Cube, it would be already significant).[285] Overpowering and destroying Onslaught's physical form.[151] (The entity possessed the full potential powers of Franklin Richards, X-Man, Magneto, and Professor X combined. And therefore he at least reached Celestial level in raw power.[286] He could alter reality and use telekinesis on at least Celestial level, as well as the magnetic force and psionic power to amplify his immense strength in proportion to his scale of power). The shockwaves from the Hulk's collision with Ironclad also reached an infinite number of dimensions through the Crossroads nexus, causing cataclysmic upheavals and unimaginable destruction.[274] (Since parallel dimensions such as Microverse were attached, so it influenced the multiverse. The Multiverse has literally an infinite number of dimensions. As a result infinite dimensions have the same volume of infinite planets. Hence the powerful impact would encompass entire dimensions, not only planets. The U-Foes also received an upgrade while on Earth so that Vector repelled the fabric of reality itself and therefore transported them to the Crossroads.[287]) Thor has also admitted that Hulk could be stronger than himself,[288] that compared to himself there appears to be no limit to the Hulk's vast strength,[267] and that he never could beat the Hulk.[289] The mad titan Thanos compared the Hulk's ever increasing strength to that of the former Champion of the Universe, Tryco Slatterus, when he was wielding the Power Gem, and said that he had avoided a confrontation with the Hulk in the past because of this.[290

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: Even without reading this I can tell this is only saying that "I am wrong because hulk did this"

Hulk is easily one of the strongest POTENTIAL characters. He lifts 100,000 tons at base level which is astonishing. He still can't have unlimited strength because hulk is shown having a base level, if nick fury classifies his strength then that means his strength is no longer infinite. His strength builds up in rage and it takes a while to reach a large amount of strength to say, break a planet. If I copy and paste that into a plagiarism program I wanna see what happens.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultifan123: you can classify a character as limitless, does that mean they are not limitless? no. every character who's not omnipotent has a base level, marvel itself said that hulk can have limitless strength. if hulk has a base level it has constantly advanced over the years to the point that he can lift billions of tons at it. seriously man, stop lowballing hulk.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you must remember that a hulk who was actively happy the moment before, was able to resist an explosion that killed a million souls and caiera the oldstrong, he was actually sad as she died.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: I'm not you moron! I am saying that hulk isn't infinite in power but limitless, the hulk can reach any level of strength dependent on his anger, his strength doesn't peak which makes it limitless but if it were infinite he would have no struggles! How do you think Galactus killed him? If he were infinite he wouldn't have died, he is immense and constantly growing and that's why he is cool, it makes it so he can still lose to incredibly powerful characters but he can still realistically beat more powerful characters

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Ultifan123

@battle123axe: The hulk is capable of feeling many emotions... Leave it, I am agreeing that hulk is powerful, I never said he wasn't you moron! I am saying that no character who gains strength is infinite!

edit* I am posting this from my iPad right now and auto correct made that emotions thing let me clarify

the hulk if capable of many things! leave it, I am agreeing that hulk is powerful, I never said he wasn't you moron! I am saying that no character who gains strength is infinite!

am agreeing that hulk is powerful, I never said he wasn't you moron! I am saying that no character who gains strength is infinite!

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Battle123axe

@ultifan123: I am not arguing that he is infinite nor is he able to beat everybody, I am just trying to get you to see that the hulk has consistently demonstrated throughout the years that he is FAR above 100,000 tons in strength, even at base level. you are not getting anywhere with calling me a moron, how do you know how smart I am? you made it seem to me and others that the hulk is some weakling who is uncomparable to other heavy hitters such as thor or superman in strength and you made yourself seem like some idiot (not that you are, you are probably a very smart and competent debater) who knew nothing about hulk. and wasn't it you that said n the other thread that WORLBREAKER hulk is incomparable to superman and thanos (not to say he is above them, but he is nowhere near incomparable).

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never understood why people resort to name calling on gaming and comicbook sakes.... you're talking about made up characters for goodness sake... is calling someone a moron really necessary. How rude

This is why people hate over the top comic nerds

lol

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Schwarz

The big problem with characters like Hulk is that he comes from so many years back that a casual comic book reader or someone who doesn't research much on the history of such an old character cannot really debate. I really like to see that some people out here are hardcore readers and can state their facts with scans and quotes from Marvel. I have seen a lot of trolls or uninformed casual readers coming to this forum and getting straight up shut down with heavy knowledge and scans of Hulk's feats. Like I said before, the naration in older Hulk books stated that Hulk's strength is unlimited. You can't really debate what Stan Lee the creator said. Yes Hulk can be beaten depending on the scenario and that is the problem with characters that have huge but unstable amounts of power. It can go to the extent of destroying the multiverse to getting beaten by spider-man. It really depends on the emotionnal state and the circumstances. But if I had one thing to say is that a few people can imagine what they want or downplay Hulk but the writers have usually been pretty clear on the limitless power of Hulk. Go with what is in the comics and not random people on the internet. This debate should have been ovee at "The naration of multiple Hulk books state that his strength is limitless"

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

The big problem with characters like Hulk is that he comes from so many years back that a casual comic book reader or someone who doesn't research much on the history of such an old character cannot really debate. I really like to see that some people out here are hardcore readers and can state their facts with scans and quotes from Marvel. I have seen a lot of trolls or uninformed casual readers coming to this forum and getting straight up shut down with heavy knowledge and scans of Hulk's feats. Like I said before, the naration in older Hulk books stated that Hulk's strength is unlimited. You can't really debate what Stan Lee the creator said. Yes Hulk can be beaten depending on the scenario and that is the problem with characters that have huge but unstable amounts of power. It can go to the extent of destroying the multiverse to getting beaten by spider-man. It really depends on the emotionnal state and the circumstances. But if I had one thing to say is that a few people can imagine what they want or downplay Hulk but the writers have usually been pretty clear on the limitless power of Hulk. Go with what is in the comics and not random people on the internet. This debate should have been ovee at "The naration of multiple Hulk books state that his strength is limitless"

my problem with him is that each writer and story show him at different levels...people rarely ever take that into consideration. It's all fine and good that on tuesday his max power was 10000000000 tons but on wed's he woke up on the other side of the bed and gamma monkeys and tigers were giving him a run for his money... I am fine with hulk being written that way because his weakness and his strength is just himself, his moods. The only problem I have with his is it leads to rude debates about who is right and who is wrong. It's not as simple as "hulks is strongest and always strongest" if that was the case he wouldn't get his arm broken by void, he wouldn't have gotten his ass beat by that weird super skrull who ripped his own head in half, and there would be no stories of him ever losing

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Schwarz

@w0nd: I agree with what you say but to me at least having him up and down makes the stories good.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: No I'm not, the hulk is transformed when ANY anger goes through his system, I will admit that most of my knowledge of hulk is from 10 years+ old comics (I spent most of my recent years of comic collecting on captain America and thor)

At the very least the hulk lifts ABOUT 100,000 tons and this is shown because the abomination lifts twice the amount the hulk does at his base and he struggled to lift a 200,000-ton tower. If banner were to see something sickeningly angering such as a friend being killed I could see him going into a high range of strength instantly. If you read the world war hulk storyline the hulk is capable of taming his anger and controlling his strength to an immense degree which made his base level strength at borderline world breaker mode. What I am saying is that the hulk has LIMITLESS strength where some characters like Odin force Thor or Superman have truly Infinite strength in certain comics. If isn't that hulk isn't powerful enough to compete, it is that hulk CAN'T compete with someone with far more impressive feats.

If hulk's origin were refreshed in the next marvel reboot and they made it so he would have a better control over his strength I am sure he could beat Thor, but in a random fight it must be taken into consideration that hulk would not have such incredible anger or strength.

I can't see the hulk beating Superman in a canon crossover anytime soon. Thank you, the feats you gave are interesting, just this morning me and a friend bought about 20 comics related to the hulk.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultifan123: First off when you know so little about a character then refrain yourself about commenting on them the 100 000 ton thing you pulled out of your, nowhere is this number ever mentioned. And don't lie, about buying 20 Hulk comics, it does not help your case.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: That doesn't help it at all, I know, I did it for enjoyment not to argue over. I haven't even read more than 5 by now. This wouldn't make me an expert, my expertise in comics is limited to captain america

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultifan123: My suggestion to you then is to go and look for Captain America threads and comment there.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#145  Edited By tensor

No.If he had unlimited strength nothing would be a problem for him ,they would be no struggles.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like some people are commenting without even reading previous posts or even Hulk comic books...

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultifan123: if you have not read too many of the comics, then refrain from arguing with the people who have read a lot more than you. At the time you were reading he may have been on that range but he has become A LOT more powerful since then and can be compared and is easily on the same league with the strongest heroes in marvel or dc.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: no you are getting it wrong. He does not have unlimited strength but he does have the potential for it.

Patrick_Ryans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

The Hulk does possess the potential to infinite strength. With or without Banner. 'Nuff said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.