Deleted Scene from 'The Avengers' With Banner Debating Whether or Not to Smash

Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine pretty much everyone has seen The Avengers by now. If not, good news because the movie will be release on Blu-ray and DVD on September 25.

Besides the movie, you know there's going to be deleted scenes and all that sort of stuff. One such deleted scene has made its way online and features Mark Ruffalo moments after his big crash.

At first, it doesn't seem like much of a deleted scene. Some might say it was deleted for a reason. But what's important here is we see the deliberation in what direction he's going to go with Hulk. Banner wasn't crazy about Hulking out. He didn't want to be with the others and, in typical Hulk fashion, wanted to be left alone.

In the movie, suddenly Banner shows up, just in time to join the big battle. Here we get more of an idea what went down before he arrived. It's little details like this that I find fascinating.

Source: EW, Collider

Staff
#1 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the DVD lets you watch the movie with all the deleted scenes in place. Assuming they were all finished. I'd love to rewatch the movie with all of the deleted scenes in there.

#2 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

please dont change him in avengers 2 and make his own solo movie.

#3 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have left this in the movie would have made more sense than him showing up outta the blue like he did.

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

stick all the scenes in! i want my avengers movie to be over a day in length!

#5 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I hope the DVD lets you watch the movie with all the deleted scenes in place. Assuming they were all finished. I'd love to rewatch the movie with all of the deleted scenes in there.

#6 Posted by Link1987 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they took this out, Watching this felt like the part in Spider-man 3 when the butler came in and told Harry to back off

#7 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

he made a reference to ant-man!

#8 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Blu Ray!!

#9 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

just quoting this again. directors cut or I'm not buying it.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I would love for that to happen. Just like the Lord of the Rings trilogy with its extended edition DVD.

#11 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I sorta felt like there were a lot of moments through out the entire movie that like this were skipped because of time constraints. Anyone else agree? Still an awesome movie.

#12 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC!

#13 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome scene. Can not wait until Extended edition!!

#14 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo really should get his own Hulk movie. The best Banner and Hulk yet.

#15 Posted by MercWithaMouth2385 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

I caught that too.... "Are you a big guy that gets real little?"

#16 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I second that.

#17 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

This

#18 Posted by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

I think it was just a coincidence. He wanted to know if Banner was a man who turned into a monster or a monster who turns into a man. I don't think it is any reference to Ant man at all just because he says 'gets real little.' You could say he was referencing Giant Man then by saying 'gets really big.'

#19 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome :D

#20 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely about the director's cut with all scenes added. A must own for sure.

#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj: how did he make an Ant Man reference?

#22 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Needless to say I will be buying the DVD when it drops.

#23 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see "The Avengers". Sadly I didn't saw it in the movies.

#24 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-Man...

#25 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

stick all the scenes in! i want my avengers movie to be over a day in length!

As barbaric as that sounds......my body is ready for that

#26 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a DVD that shows both the edited version with the scenes separate and a movie with all the scenes added in so that i could choose and see the difference. Compare and contrast.

#27 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to watch the Director's Cut of this movie!

#28 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see why that was deleted.

#29 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
To Smash, or not to Smash: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the split mind to suffer The solitude and anger of outrageous Hulking, Or to take arms against a sea of Aliens, And by opposing end them? To smash: to calm; No more; and by a calm to say we end The anger and the thousand gamma-radiated shocks Green flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To rage, to smash; To smash: perchance to get madder: ay, there's the rub; For in that anger of Hulk what strength may come When we have shuffled off this puny Banner, Must give us pause: there's the respect That makes calamity of so strong life; For who would bear the bullets and missiles of the Army, Loki's wrong, Iron Man's contumely, The pangs of Betty's love, SHIELD's delay, The insolence of General Ross and the spurns That patient merit of Agent Coulson takes, When he himself might his anger make With purple pants? who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a lonely life, But that the dread of something after rage, The undiscover'd calmness from whose bourn No traveller returns, puzzles the mind And makes us rather bear those doubts we have Than fly to others that we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; And thus the radioactive green hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of puny Banner, And enterprises of great pith and moment With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action."
#30 Posted by BritishMonkey (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic: Well done. You did exactly what I was thinking.

#31 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn it...deleted. Should have seen it earlier :/

#32 Posted by SpidermanWins (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic said:

To Smash, or not to Smash: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the split mind to suffer The solitude and anger of outrageous Hulking, Or to take arms against a sea of Aliens, And by opposing end them? To smash: to calm; No more; and by a calm to say we end The anger and the thousand gamma-radiated shocks Green flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To rage, to smash; To smash: perchance to get madder: ay, there's the rub; For in that anger of Hulk what strength may come When we have shuffled off this puny Banner, Must give us pause: there's the respect That makes calamity of so strong life; For who would bear the bullets and missiles of the Army, Loki's wrong, Iron Man's contumely, The pangs of Betty's love, SHIELD's delay, The insolence of General Ross and the spurns That patient merit of Agent Coulson takes, When he himself might his anger make With purple pants? who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a lonely life, But that the dread of something after rage, The undiscover'd calmness from whose bourn No traveller returns, puzzles the mind And makes us rather bear those doubts we have Than fly to others that we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; And thus the radioactive green hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of puny Banner, And enterprises of great pith and moment With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action."

O.O.... dude, you are a warrior poet

#33 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic said:

The She-Hulk in me loves you dearly for this.

#34 Posted by butters911 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww the videos been taken off. I didnt get to see it

#35 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@butters911 said:

#36 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movie!

#37 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

oops@butters911 said:

:(

#38 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic said:

You sir, have won the internets for the day.

#39 Posted by fluffypigeons (258 posts) - - Show Bio

it dose not work

#40 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@fluffypigeons:

It was probably pulled because of copyright.

#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic said:

Damn, this is so good it needs to be on the DVD too

#42 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there going to be a directors cut?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.