Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Current Hulk is fast

• 123 results
    Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Mr_Winchester

@mitran: Some good speed showcasing for Hulk has been shown in this thread, and props to the OP for that.

I just think there's a misunderstanding of some rational viewpoints regarding 'hulk's speed, these misunderstandings lead to unwarranted responses which in turn make me cringe, unfortunately.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think some people are confusing combat speed, as in reflexes/striking, with just using speed in combat, as in Hulk just leaping at something really fast.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Nomar

I love how the haters are the ones that brought up people like Supes and Wanda. When this topic started nobody was comparing Hulk to them. The haters come and pretend we were though, it's sad to see the comments in this thread. It's just haters trying to start an argument. Also if Blitzing 3 speedsters who can fire revolvers so fast they become gatling guns isn't a feat I don't know what is. Also we have him being called fast by 2 high end beings who battle actual speedsters(it was battle speed too). If feats and commentary mean nothing to you, then what does? Having some stupid pointless quote by the writer giving you a physics lesson on what's happening in the panel? The fastest car in the world doesn't even appear as a blur to me.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think some people are confusing combat speed, as in reflexes/striking, with just using speed in combat, as in Hulk just leaping at something really fast.

No one is confusing anything. The topic, which I started, said Hulk is fast. My original post provided several examples of speed (combat, non-combat, character statements, momentum based, non-momentum based, artist cues), ergo the conclusion of him being "fast". It's obvious the authors' intent is to show Hulk is fast.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Erkan12
    No Caption Provided

Even Classic one was fast and now it became much more,

Wonder Man : ''How can anything so big move so fast ?!''

Against Marvel's speedster Quicksilver

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Spidey's reflexes vs Hulk's reflexes...

No Caption Provided

Against Hyperion...

No Caption Provided

And in Deadpool & Hulk - 037

He took a nuke from a point blank, and shortly after he jumped really fast on Wade, (while Wade at least 10 miles away)

For me, the most impressing feats of his,

Midnight Proxima : ''He is fast''

No Caption Provided

Since she fought against really fast opponents in all over the galaxy. Her statement is important.

Also saving Iron Man from gamma fracker ;

No Caption Provided

Saving shield agents from aircraft, which was in point blank...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@fallschirmjager said:

You realize you can leave a blur by waving your hand in front of your face really fast?

You proved your point, but "Blur" doesn't mean anything either. I don't read hulk so I can't offer any assistance, but some calculations of the speed would be better imo.

I disagree, whenever a speedster we see in comics, it is always drawn as blur. There is a difference between seeing blur in real life and in comics.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By Bezza

Good thread for putting to bed the notion that Hulk cannot take on fast opponents (mainly DC ones).

There's a good classic Hulk feat in my Marvel Platinum Hulk book from Fantastic four #26, where Hulk catches an artillery shell and throws it in one movement...so he has always been able to react and move very quickly for something so big...In the Avengers movie, he caught the pilot as he ejected from his jet fighter, again quick reactions...the list is endless...

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Torrentio

Actually along with those shown below, these showings were needed to shut-up those who were saying Hulk was slow

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/dum529001/blog/the-hulk-indestructible-and-limitless-in-

power-the/92103/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/boostergold321/blog/what-makes-the-hulk-incredible/89182/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/dum529001/blog/superhuman-reaction-and-long-distance-travel-

speed/91111/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/speed-vs-strength-common-misconceptions/608680/

Underwater he can swing his arms around fast enough to produce a rotor effect in Incredible Hulk #138:

No Caption Provided

Hulk easily disrupts the Texas Twister's wind-vortex in Incredible Hulk #264-265:

No Caption Provided

Here, a temporarily in control Banner, ends up using his strength to vibrate a chemical sample "thousands of times faster than the centrifuge could" in Captain America & Falcon #12:

No Caption Provided

The same happens when he fights the Fantastic Four, "Moving with unbelievable speed for one so huge..." From Fantastic Four #12:

No Caption Provided

Later on when wrapped up by Mr. Fantastic, he escapes by spinning around like a tornado:

No Caption Provided

He even ends up catching a fired artillery shell and "without stopping, in one smooth, continuous motion, he spins around, using the momentum of the hurtling shell to help propel his giant frame... he releases it" inFantastic Four #26:

No Caption Provided

Special weapons and tactics squads try firing bazookas at Savage Hulk "but unfortunately, that 'somethin' isn't quite as fast as the Hulk!" From Iron Man #131:

No Caption Provided

He's snatched rockets and missiles out of the air in Giant-Size Defenders #2, Incredible Hulk #245 and Incredible Hulk vol.2 #101:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Savage Hulk has even batted artillery shells in Incredible Hulk #208:

No Caption Provided

And caught a S.H.I.E.L.D hovercar in incredible hulk #298:

No Caption Provided

Even the amazing Spider-Man throughout his career can only evade Savage Hulk for so long as shown early on in Amazing Spider-Man #120, in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #14

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and in Punisher Vol 5 #37:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And

bullet dodging Incredible Hulk #4 and Incredible Hulk # 131:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and the infamous bullet catch from Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #43

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

anybody wondering how Banner did it 'cause that's what happens when you shoot him as shown in Incredible Hulk #293

No Caption Provided

Stops supersonic boomerang in Incredible hulk #274:

No Caption Provided

He can actually perform surprisingly agile swordplay in Incredible Hulk vol.2 #92:

No Caption Provided

A point-blank ambush by Wolverine is deftly blocked by Savage Hulk in Wolverine Origins #28:

No Caption Provided

Savage Hulk is one of the few people who's easily snatched Cap's shield throw, from Avengers vol.3 #75:

No Caption Provided

And just as easily, Joe Fixit-Hulk bats down tanks shells and catches Hawkeye's arrows in The Order #1, Hulk Smash Avengers #4:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Professor Hulk deals with Speedfreak. People are forgetting that Hulk has a speedster in his rogue gallery. From Incredible Hulk #388:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Grey Hulk surprises Spiderman and catches his webbing in Incredible Hulk #349:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He's been measured at 473 mph in Incredible Hulk Annual 2000:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Hulk dodges lasers Tales To Astonish #65:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Hulk shows good reflexes against his mind controlled teammates

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And we have this

Also saving Iron Man from gamma fracker ;

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Now that's a leap. No, that's the leap.

And some more

Jack of hearts does not like Hulk's speed and catching RPG

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Grey Hulk is the Hulk when you need emergency vehincles in emergency. From Incredible Hulk #369:

No Caption Provided

He even smacks down Peitro (Quicksilver) when he is possessed by the elder god Cthon in Mighty Avengers #23:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Professor Hulk saves Punisher from his own grenade and easily owns a robot that had been giving Nova and Northstar trouble due to both speed and durability. The latter isn't much of a feat as he caught it before it got full speed, but still:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I've heard many people say street-levelers like Wolverine dance around Hulk so he should be slow. Now this is the opposite happening in this comics. Fixit is dancing around Wolverine and now Wolvie is the one struggling to get a hit. After seeing this I had the feeling Wolverine was getting free hits all these years. Make what of it you will. From Marvel Comics Presents #55:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This may be not much of a feat in some guys' eyes, but still, its a reflex feat

No Caption Provided

Now two small feats from Mindless Hulk and WWH respectively to end this. Rushing military and catching X-23:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torrentio

Nice scans, especially his bullet catching is impressive.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most impressive is Mjolnir because it defies space and time

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How Thor is currently being portrayed is brilliant.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@torrentio

Nice scans, especially his bullet catching is impressive.

Great scans, some of them are needed over on the IH thread just now !!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Erkan12

Now people calling Thor is slow, and the reason i believe is rivalry between Hulk. This is a good comparison ...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

How Thor is currently being portrayed is brilliant.

A lot better than Hulk is being portrayed, sadly!

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: At-least big-greens getting speed feats.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Erkan12

WBH's speed....

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Armageddon couldn't even react ...

Brusier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Brusier
    No Caption Provided

....This is how i feel right now while i read these comments. First, If you never read Hulk comics at all or you don't know that much about him then don't say a DAMN thing. I don't mean to be rude but i'm pist off right about now looking at these comments. If you don't know much about hulk don't even talk because you have to actually READ his comics to know what his speed is. I'm not talking about reading a couple of them, i mean read LOTS, because that is the only way you will learn. You have to understand that in order to know ANYTHING about any character YOU MOST READ THE FCKING COMICS THAT THEY ARE IN. Don't sit here and be a doubter or a hater if you don't know much about him. Now, For my doubters, i don't like you because you guys know hulk but still doubt and ask stupid questions when you can just read the comics and find out. You do to much questioning everything when FACTS will always be facts. I don't like haters but doubters are even worst because of the fact that you know but still doubt. Now, For everyone on this thread, All you need to know about hulk is that he can do the IMPOSSIBLE definitely when he's pist beyond calming. If you want me to prove it then i'll tell you like i tell everyone else "GO READ THE FCKING COMICS" because it's a waste if you are gonna be a Doubter or a Hater, i have no time for that. Its that simple people, it doesn't matter if its SUPERMAN or FLASH, Hulk can do the impossible when he's pist. Like i said go read the comics if you think i'm lying so don't even comment shit like "prove it" or some dumbshit like that. Hulks comics are basically him overcoming the impossible, doing what no mortal man can do, showing that hulk is the BEST THERE IS. It doesn't matter if its speed, strength, durability, etc hulk can do the impossible when he's pist and definitely when he wants to win so that means if he goes up against a speedster(like he has before) he can beat them, if he goes up against the FASTEST MOTHERFCKER IN THE WORLD he can win cuz hulk can do the impossible when you pist him off.....he defies the laws of physics....cuz NO FORCE IS FCKING STRONGER THAN HULK and cuz this is what hulk is made to do. Hulk is good at Combat speed, Regular Speed, Horse speed who gives a fck what it is all you need to know is hulk can do THE IMPOSSIBLE (GO LOOK IT UP IM NOT SHOWING YOU COMICS TO JUST DENY IT SO DON'T FCKING ASK). Hulk was ALWAYS FAST and he's fought more people than most do in a week. He fights GODS, DEMONS, OMNIPOTENT BEINGS, ETC he can beat them all ONLY if you piss him off or when he wants to win. One thing about hulk is he doesn't run his fastest because the ground breaks around him when he does so he jumps instead. Hulk CAN RUN FAST but if he does the ground will not support it so that is the only reason why he doesn't have lots of super speed feats. It's obvious lots of you don't read hulk comics at all or not enough if you need to ask this. I came here cuz i wanted to see hulk fans talking about hulk but i come and see people that don't have a FCKING clue about hulk, don't know much, and only a LITTLE that know a lot (Or so it seems).

Avatar image for theycallmeyoggi
    theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theycallmeyoggi
    theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By theycallmeyoggi

@brusier: from one hulk fan to another, thank you

santaclause113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUTTERZ115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has always been described and shown as fast, I just feel like now they know how to really make his speed illustrated properly.

Avatar image for superduperbumpe
    SuperDuperBumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hulk, but how is catching Spider-Man and Wolverine a good feat for a high tier? It’s actually a bad feat when those two give him trouble in speed. No one makes threads like “Hulk vs Kingpin”, it’s gonna be like “Hulk vs Wonder Woman” or “Hulk vs Green Lantern” or something. High tiers are typically extremely fast, even if they’re not FTL, even then they’re usually still really fast. Hulk is possibly the slowest high tier character I can think of, and I think he’s a lot faster than most people think he is

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hulk, but how is catching Spider-Man and Wolverine a good feat for a high tier? It’s actually a bad feat when those two give him trouble in speed. No one makes threads like “Hulk vs Kingpin”, it’s gonna be like “Hulk vs Wonder Woman” or “Hulk vs Green Lantern” or something. High tiers are typically extremely fast, even if they’re not FTL, even then they’re usually still really fast. Hulk is possibly the slowest high tier character I can think of, and I think he’s a lot faster than most people think he is

He doesn't need to run to be fast. He has super human reflex enough for him to tag speed stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.