Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Concering Hulk #600

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adam Michaels

Marvel has reached a few milestones with some of their more iconic characters. Captain America reached #600 and Steve Rogers' return is being told in 'Captain America: Reborn'. It's a big time in the star spangled hero's long history. To add to that, the big hype for Amazing Spider-Man's 600th issue is all over the place. Another big milestone for the house of ideas.

But one other of Marvel's iconic characters suffers from this. Being released this coming week along with the much hyped 'Amazing Spider-Man #600' is 'The Incredible Hulk #600'. It isn't being treated as big an event as the Captain America and Spider-Man milestones.

One would think it's because its unfortunate timing being released the same day as 'Amazing Spider-Man #600'. It could possibly be that. It could also be that Marvel doesn't see Hulk as that important a character or title. Whether that is true or not, I still can't help but feel it's kind of unfair. And what might make things worse, the preview of this issue says that Spider-Man  will join the hunt to finding out who the Red Hulk is (whose true identity I believe will finally be revealed in this issue). So it's not enough Spidey is getting all the attention for his own book, he's jumping in someone else's milestone issue. I just think it's wrong.

I think Marvel should have timed it a little better. For example, Captain America got all the hype because he was the only one reaching that plateau. I think that Amazing Spider-Man should have gone twice a month for a few months only to delay that title reaching its 600th issue. That way, Hulk can get his just due and receive the hype for his 600th now. A month or two after that, the attention can focus on Spidey for his "Amazing" milestone. This way, 3 of Marvel's most iconic characters each get their proper respect by having hype for their respective achievements. Instead, we have Hulk being overshadowed by Spider-Man.

Even though it's normal for the web head to shine over the green goliath on a regular basis, this is a moment of celebration for all of them. So for one more important character stepping aside to let another one get his just due is only right.

That's just my thoughts.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

I heard that Rulk's Identity most likely won't be revealed.

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Push
    @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    "I heard that Rulk's Identity most likely won't be revealed."

That's suppose to be the main event for the issue, not that anyone cares by this stage, I think most have given up on Loeb and caring about who Rulk is.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adam Michaels

Yea, I was reading Wizard Magazine the other day and although Spider-Man was all over the place, they gave Hulk like 2 pages to commemorate his milestone (another thing I find unfair). They have a spot where they ask comic store owners which titles sell well, which ones don't, and which ones have lost their steam. A few comic store owners say that Hulk started off selling real good. They had people looking forward to the next issue, but they have dragged the Red Hulk storyline too long and people don't care anymore. Sales have declined.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By box turtle

All right, I just read Incredible Hulk #600 and I don't get it--why is Hulk captured at the start of the first story?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

ok something kinda major happens, and it definitely won't last

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @box turtle said:
    "All right, I just read Incredible Hulk #600 and I don't get it--why is Hulk captured at the start of the first story? "

bc the start of this story talks about what happens soon after World War Hulk

@Adam Michaels said:
    "Yea, I was reading Wizard Magazine the other day and although Spider-Man was all over the place, they gave Hulk like 2 pages to commemorate his milestone (another thing I find unfair). They have a spot where they ask comic store owners which titles sell well, which ones don't, and which ones have lost their steam. A few comic store owners say that Hulk started off selling real good. They had people looking forward to the next issue, but they have dragged the Red Hulk storyline too long and people don't care anymore. Sales have declined. "

plus the fact that it seems to take hulk comics longer to come out than any other comic out there.
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By box turtle
    @DEGRAAF:
    So Hulk got depowered in between World War Hulk and the time Hulk fought Red Hulk in front of Uatu?
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF: So Hulk got depowered in between World War Hulk and the time Hulk fought Red Hulk in front of Uatu? "

he got depowered at the end of WWH, thats how the stary basically ended
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By box turtle
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF: So Hulk got depowered in between World War Hulk and the time Hulk fought Red Hulk in front of Uatu? "
    he got depowered at the end of WWH, thats how the stary basically ended "

Well, in Hulk #2 or #3 he just Hulks out and smashes out of his prison.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    "@box turtle said:
    he got depowered at the end of WWH, thats how the stary basically ended "
    Well, in Hulk #2 or #3 he just Hulks out and smashes out of his prison. "

did those come after WWH?
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By box turtle
    @DEGRAAF:
    Yes.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

oh, i aw what you ment. Yea was depowered but only for the time being not permenently. Now that has changed

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By box turtle
    @DEGRAAF:
    Wait a minute, I just saw in the Upcoming Covers page of Incredible Hulk #600 the add for Hulk #13 and it says Hulk No More, so maybe that means Incredible Hulk IS current timeline.
    themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By themaskedhero

I had heard rumors that in Hulk #600 we'd get the identity of Rulk and that may or may not be the case, I don't know, I just paged through it at the shop. But at this point I'd have to agree that everyone stopped caring about that about 4 or 5 issues into the Hulk series. It was surprising and interesting at the start of the series, but with every issue revolving around Rulk, we'd hope to get answers quicker. And I know it might be our generation or something, expecting everything right away, but come on Loeb, at least start throwing out clues so that maybe readers who stick with you issue by issue can start to piece together everything. That's why Thor rocks, you read issues and even if you're saying "Where is this going? Why am I reading this story?" you get a pay off every 4 to 6 issues about any one of the plot threads.

Summed up, I don't care about Hulk or Rulk or #600, Amazing Spider-Man #600 seemed special to me, but I didn't see much hype, I just like Spider-Man. Though I would agree that printing the book 3 times a month is starting to get old and it's causing his stories to seem like they're going in different directions month to month.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF: Wait a minute, I just saw in the Upcoming Covers page of Incredible Hulk #600 the add for Hulk #13 and it says Hulk No More, so maybe that means Incredible Hulk IS current timeline. "

,yea its really confusing, i agree with you tho, i think that is why on all the up coming issues banner is himself and he is running around with Skaar. But at the very beginning it is stated that it all takes place right after WWH and they showed him figting skaar as hulk in the last issue. The time line in it totally threw me off.
    I thought that issue was a let down. Seemed like a big filler and all the stories at the end were boring. I actually liked Spiderman 600. I thought that had a very good stor. I thought Doc Ock looked dumb by the end of it but i find it interesting he gave him self 4 more mechanical arms. I would like to see him down load his brain in to a machine and just become a full sentinel genius.
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By box turtle
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF: Wait a minute, I just saw in the Upcoming Covers page of Incredible Hulk #600 the add for Hulk #13 and it says Hulk No More, so maybe that means Incredible Hulk IS current timeline. "
    ,yea its really confusing, i agree with you tho, i think that is why on all the up coming issues banner is himself and he is running around with Skaar. But at the very beginning it is stated that it all takes place right after WWH and they showed him figting skaar as hulk in the last issue. The time line in it totally threw me off.I thought that issue was a let down. Seemed like a big filler and all the stories at the end were boring. I actually liked Spiderman 600. I thought that had a very good stor. I thought Doc Ock looked dumb by the end of it but i find it interesting he gave him self 4 more mechanical arms. I would like to see him down load his brain in to a machine and just become a full sentinel genius. "

Didn't read Spiderman #600, but I'm shocked to hear Doc Ock has four more arms.  Don't know what to think of it--but I don't want him to be like Ultron, all metal except for a human brain.  I agree with you that Incredible Hulk #600 was bad.  All the stories were confusing and filler space except for the Savage She-Hulk one.  I got Black Panther #6 at the same time and its much better despite being so much shorter.
    PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrimeDirective

Loeb himself is Rulk, I thought we already knew that. S'why Rulk is so dang near unstoppable. Loeb's a relentless monster who won't stop until everything good in a series is run to the ground while all the bad qualities are paraded out in front and glorified... *CoughHeroesCough*

Yeah... I'm bitter...
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @PrimeDirective said:
    "Loeb himself is Rulk, I thought we already knew that. S'why Rulk is so dang near unstoppable. Loeb's a relentless monster who won't stop until everything good in a series is run to the ground while all the bad qualities are paraded out in front and glorified... *CoughHeroesCough*

Yeah... I'm bitter...
    "

i agree with you. I kinda like how rulk took all the gamma radiation from banner but that ruins one of their main characters in marvel and if it doesntmake red hulk any more powerful whats the point, if he was gonna take all of it from banner he should have finally killed him. I would really like to know hwy he is so strong. They ned to just let the cat out of the bag already and explain red hulks whole story in a one shot and get it over with

@box turtle said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    "@box turtle said:
    ,yea its really confusing, i agree with you tho, i think that is why on all the up coming issues banner is himself and he is running around with Skaar. But at the very beginning it is stated that it all takes place right after WWH and they showed him figting skaar as hulk in the last issue. The time line in it totally threw me off.I thought that issue was a let down. Seemed like a big filler and all the stories at the end were boring. I actually liked Spiderman 600. I thought that had a very good stor. I thought Doc Ock looked dumb by the end of it but i find it interesting he gave him self 4 more mechanical arms. I would like to see him down load his brain in to a machine and just become a full sentinel genius. "
    Didn't read Spiderman #600, but I'm shocked to hear Doc Ock has four more arms.  Don't know what to think of it--but I don't want him to be like Ultron, all metal except for a human brain.  I agree with you that Incredible Hulk #600 was bad.  All the stories were confusing and filler space except for the Savage She-Hulk one.  I got Black Panther #6 at the same time and its much better despite being so much shorter. "

i read the first part of savage she-hulks stroy but got bored.
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By avengpymhawk

What the... All this time and we still don't know who Red Hulk is. What a crock, I'm about fed-up with this comic. Marvel can only push their fans so far and tease so much before sales start to drop. I was extremely disappointed. Then then to top that off Banner can not become the Hulk again. I mean how many times have this happened already. I want some fresh ideas like what had happened in the past couple of years. Not this Banner can't be Hulk bit, but manages to eventually become Hulk and save the day against Red Hulk story. Which it seams to be heading.

The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Dude.

Incredible Hulk #600: Worse load of crap turned out thise side of the century.  After all this building, don't actually expect MUCH revealed about WHO Rulk is, just that he's an experiment the army/Ross is working on, that's the big reveal, he's no one!

Riding Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Riding Ghost

600 was crap. Opening story was decent in a few parts, but confusing as hell as to when it took place. The other stories were even worse. As with Degraff, I couldn't even make it through the She-Hulk story. I guess the only good thing I can say was that I liked the art. All around crap. Maybe I shouldn't have read ASM 600 right before it. It was kinda like having AC/DC open for Creed. Hopefully it will get better soon. 

RG
    Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

What reprints are in this issue?

Is there a cover gallery like Captian America #600?

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Push
    @Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "

What reprints are in this issue?

Is there a cover gallery like Captian America #600?

"

Yes! (cover galery) reprints aren't even worth it! (Hulk Grey 1)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.