Comicvine Hulk vs Real Hulk

• 192 results
#101 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: I can agree with that. Hulk is my favorite Marvel character, and Superman is my favorite DC character so I'm no fanboy in the Superman/Hulk debate. I think folks like to underrate and underestimate Hulk because they get fatigued of hearing he's the strongest character. When truth is, as far as raw physicality and strength goes Hulk is the strongest one there is underneath omnipotent level.

I dont think Superman's heat vision or freeze breath could really do more than slow Hulk down a bit. As far as speed goes, well I guess Superman CAN speed blitz but he's a good guy and wouldn't. That leaves it to a slugfest, where I think they both got a decent chance. And various circumstances would allow a win for either one at different times.

#102 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I just get po'd when people go around saying that Thor will "easily stomp the Hulk" when everything we've seen in decades of comics suggests that theyre dead even because Hulk is physically superior but Thor has Mjolnir and other powers to make up the difference.

#103 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: Hulk is a top tier in a bunch of physical attributes. Let's say for example, durability, strength and regenerative skills. These 3 attributes can perfectly describe Hulk. He will be more durable than anything eventually, he will be stronger than anybody eventually, he will regenerate from any harm. That's the main thing about having "limitless power". Hulk can become the famous unstoppable force that is so often quoted in threads. I don't think Hulk its just strength potential, i think he's more like "pure physical potential" also including the 2 other attributes i mentioned before.

Superman needs the sun, its his power source. He doesn't have that "limitless power" by himself. However, we've seen that if Superman spends enough time inside the sun his limit becomes a LOT harder to reach, almost standing on the edge of infinite power.

#104 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

@jj62:

Strength and speed are go together. They are one and the same.

THE DEFINITION OF "FORCE" IS THE OBJECT'S MASS MULTIPLIED BY ITS RATE OF MOTION.

FORCE IS THE ACCELERATION OF MASS. HOW MUCH FORCE PRODUCED DEPENDS ON AN OBJECT'S MASS AND ITS ACCELERATION.

Muscle power is all about the speed of muscle contraction. Muscles put out power by stretching and then rapidly shortening like rubber bands.

When you throw a punch or a kick, the power of the strike directly correlates to its rate of motion/speed.

Hulk has great power and his body weight is little in comparison to that power, therefore, he has great speed.

Great power = Great speed

Hulk's muscles contract at velocities that can smash atoms, just like gamma-rays.

Gamma rays travel at he speed of light. Hulk is a gamma-charged monster. He's extremely fast.

The Body's Durability level is what holds it together. Durability is a required secondary power for superhumans of any given power-level. It's especially important for the WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) in humanoid form.

The muscle and skeletal tissue and all other body tissues are built with the durability that is necessary to withstand putting out such great forces. If they couldn't, the person's body would fall apart.

Superhuman bodies are going to be more dense, denser than a normal human body, and which allows it to handle the pressures it puts on itself as it goes against the force of other objects, able to withstand their own rebounding force or forces that are akin to theirs. As we know Hulk, Thor, Hercules, SIlver Surfer Superman, Thing, Namor and the like have a body that is far denser than a normal human's. Even Those such as Spider-man have superhuman durability but it isn't at the level of the powerhouses who are more powerful than a locomotive or an atomic bomb, and why should it be? Spider-man isn't packing as much power as those guys are.

It's the same on a human level. When you work-out constantly enough your muscles thicken. The reason muscles thicken when you workout is so they can exert more energy without being torn up in the process. The body is adjusting to the constant and abnormal energy output of the muscles by making them tougher to keep them from getting torn up.

Not to mention....

Gamma rays bursts come from the most violent cosmic events in the universe, such as a sun collapsing in on itself, clashing neutron stars, black holes, etc.

unlike supernovas, gamma ray bursts do not explode in a spherical motion but a jet-stream motion.

Gamma rays burst produce as much energy as the sun does in its entire billion year life cycle. The sun is like a trillion megaton bombs exploding every second. That would make the sun's total energy approximately That's about 31 nontillion 360 octillion megatons.

Any character with a body power on this level would be extremely fast.

Some characters are more known for standing and taking any punishment and showing how tough they but it doesn't mean they aren't fast. When they actually get around to doing something, they are certainly fast, and are able to hit their mark.

Just because a characters does not dart around 100 percent of the time does mean they aren't fast.

The characters that dart around the most are the ones who are the most vulnerable. If they don't more constantly dart around, their life is in danger more often than not.

Fighting is not just about being on the move, but also knowing the exact moment to move. Fighting isn't for fools. You have to be smart.

Individual power feats are good and necessary but they aren't the make-up of everything.

A well know, older, more used, or more popular characters can have a greater quantity of feats but if some fights and is able to fight on equal terms with them in virtually every way, then it can be assume that are powers on equal.

If one characters not only matches but also overcomes another character, fighting on completely equal terms, then are they not more powerful?

Would someone say that Superman is greater than Doomsday because Superman has more feats? The only feats Doomsday has is roaming the comos fighting various extraterrestrial armies, and then coming to earth an fighting Superman and the entire justice league. Does Superman having more feats make him greater than Doomsday? Of course not. They were either evenly matched in combat or Superman was outmatched by Doomsday.

Heroes are bound to have more feats than villains but does that take away from we've seen the villains do, even though they aren't in as much constant action as the hero? The answer is NO.

Like i said before individual feats are well and good but stop obsessing over them.

In conclusion.....

The main point of this entire post is to urge people to use some common sense. Don't be a illogical fanboy. Don't deny whats right in front of your eyes and as plain as day. If you're going to be a fanboy of anything, please be a reasonable fanboy.

See things for what they are and not as you want to see them. Illogical fanboys hate the truth and try to make up their own reality, apart from the true one. They try to convince themselves and others that what they say and think is real but to someone who can truly see, they are just walking around with their eyes shut, clothed with a bind-fold, with their hands covering that as well, but wondering why it so dark and why they keep bumping into things.

#107 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Yo, back it up man. Where did either of us act as an illogical fanboy?? I did not know that Hulk has super speed. Because I haven't seen him do it. I didn't know that he does so just chill.

Where did I act like an illogical fanboy like you said??

#108 Edited by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Ok... But this are comics... you can't use pure physics on something that keeps breaking the laws of physics with every issue.

Hulk is obviously super fast, but he's nowhere speedster lvl. I guess if the writers want to use the gamma rays stuff for speed as well, we'll get an overpowered superhero that would pretty much sh*t on everybody, making him another broken as f*ck superhero as the guy in red speedos.

I can't refute anything you said because they are pure science facts, but i believe you can't use that much science on comics... They will take away the fantasy and sci-fi.

Im not sure why you replied to me with this, im not a person blinded by fanboyism, but ok, i appreciate the info.

GR.

#109 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Never said you were a fanboy. I was just talking to the general public and addressing some misconceptions people have about comic characters.

@jj62:

Nothing about what i said is complicated at all.

I simply fully explained characters with super-strength and why they can do what they do. I just said what people are thinking but don't say with their mouths all that often.

I just used the three basic laws of motion. This isn't astrophysics. It common sense. A caveman can do it.

People think if a comic book narration does not say exactly how fast something is going, like the Hulk's fist against an opponent equal to him, then its not going fast.

i mean really.....

When did simple things like "F=m x a" not apply?

When know Hulk doesn't weigh any more than a car so when he starts doing all this hard-hitting stuff, we logically know that he's traveling at great speeds.

Since we know force is about mass and acceleration, and we know that Hulk is not all about mass, we can assume he has great acceleration in order to put the great forces that he does.

Its not like Hulk get his power from increasing his weight.The Hulk just increases his density and gamma-energy.

Are you saying Hulk increases his weight while staying at a never-changing rate of motion in order to put out greater forces?

Are you saying the Hulk grows millions of pounds in order to resist the force of a million pounds? Are you saying Hulk gets as massive as the earth in order to bear it? Now that's ridiculous.

#110 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: There is a BIG difference between the real world and the world of comics, hulk is fast, but he isn't super fast, considering many street levelers jump around him.

#111 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

The same can be said for every other character.

Let's not forget top tier characters are not allowed to strike everyone down instantly and they also have to show how tough they are so they are going to dart out of way everytime either.

Any reference to speed means you're using physics. You're saying not to use physics all while still using it? That doesn't sound logical at all.

#112 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: By applying physics to comics, REAL physics and chemistry, hulk can't even exist.

And i don't think Hulk will loose to Superman either.

#113 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Other characters don't exist either but you don't say physics is non-existent for them, therefore anything they do should be ignored, do you?

I'm sensing a bit of a double standard here.

#114 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: I never said There feats should be ignored, just don't apply REAL world rules to comics, because by that logic Hulk, nor any other hero for that matter( as you said), including superman, spider-man, etc, would not exists. COMIC BOOK PHYSICS and REAL WORLD Physics is a different thing.

#115 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

So are you saying Hulk is not considered fast because he is a comicbook character? Every other comicbook character is still just a comicbook character too, you know.

Are you saying comicbook completely disown the three laws of motion?

Even if they did that, nothing would make sense. No mass means nothing can be here and no movement of mass means no energy. What rules would they have to follow?

I know comic books don't follow every single thing by the science-book, but they do get the basics right (unless we're talking about the Flash, time travel, astrophysics, etc.)

#116 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: I know the basics still stay the same but hulk has NO track record to show that he is super fast, he IS fast, but when you put the word super in front of it , it becomes something else.

THE FLASH is super fast, ZOOM is super fast, hulk is sadly not

#118 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

I'm not talking about running speed or flight speed.

Hulk jumps super-fast and punches super-fast.

#119 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Well... Im not so sure about that... Leaps are 473 miles/h or something, that's fast, but that's not even breaking the sound barrier... For a speedster, breaking the sound barrier its as hard as farting after eating 7 burritos. Hulk is nowhere near speedster lvl. About the punches, street levelers have proven Hulk punches can be dodged... Let's be reasonable, speed its not one of Hulks best characteristics, however, he somehow compensates his lack of speed with reflexes. That's been logical.

GR.

#120 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

First of all, you're only referring to one showing and ignoring all else.

Hulk has caught jets , aircrafts, speeding superhumans and missiles of every kind with ease. He's proven to be easily many times faster than the speed of sound.

He can even hurls objects, even air particles, at high velocities and break the sound barrier many times over.

Hulk does not punch full force against street-levelers. If he did then every missed punch would demolish a city. The mere shock waves from a Hulk punch can knock a street-levelers out without touching them. You think they are a challenge to Hulk? You Think Hulk actually puts effort into a fight with someone so much weaker than him?

And Hulk is not the only one to have his punches dodged on occasion. Don't be a hypocrite.

#121 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Yo, catching missiles and jets and stuff its a reflexes feat, not a speed feat... Do you know what's an speed feat? Going from earth to pluto in 8 seconds... Breaking the sound barrier... Going light speed... see everything frozen because you are too fast... Those are speed feats. Hulk always tries to smash any "puny" foe he encounters. Spiderman resisting a Hulk punch its understandable and Iron Man and Thing and a bunch of 100 toners or chemically enhanced humans... He doesn't fight people like Green Hornet or Kick A$$, he always fight people that can take his punches. Hulk doesn't have a full force because he's a character with "limitless power", however, he builds up his strength so there's a point of start, basically 100 tons.

No, i don't think street levelers are a challenge for Hulk, that's the main reason this thread was created, to show people Hulk is not a street leveler but a planet buster. If Hulk had super speed along with his powerset he would be rather invincible and god like.

How saying Hulk punches can be dodge makes me a hypocrite? Its the truth! Captain America has proven this many times... Spiderman as well... That doesn't mean his the only character that get his punches dodged.

#122 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Force is the acceleration of mass. Do you think Hulk exists outside of that basic truth?

No matter what your reflexes are, if your body is not fast enough, you won't be able to act in time!

Hulk extending his arm faster than missiles, air crafts and superhumans of all sorts and out-racing them with a jump is a speed feat. The sound barrier has shown to be no problem at all when it comes to the Hulk.

FTL is required for anyone who goes into space because otherwise it would take millions of years to get reach a distant worlds and make it make to earth. All the space-fairing super-nukes characters have been shown doing it!

can travel light-speed because they are able to maintain their momentum without pushing off the ground.

When it comes to running, once you reach a certain speed the ground has a harder time supporting you. That's why Hulk usually jumps. It's also why there is no such thing a "running" at light-speed but only flying.

The same force applied to flight applies to Superman striking power. Hulk doesn't fly at light speed but he can punch at such a light-speed and jump at light-speed if he didn't care about his surroundings(the defenseless normal humans an organisms of earth).

AND.....yes, I called you on using a double standard.

I said you were being hypocritical because you acted like Hulk is the only one to not strike his enemies down instantly. And Hulk doesn't fight top tier characters and low tier characters the same way, just like Superman. Superman gets knocked around by every lame villain in DC but you don't hear me referring to that as proof that Superman is slow and weak.

Using Cap and Spider-man aren't very good examples to try to make Hulk look like a chump because Hulk doesn't even take them seriously! He just waits till they get tired or swats them 10 seconds into the fight!

#123 Edited by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001:Man... Hulk never goes super mad with them because they didn't make him angry enough, they always try to calm him down... You're putting Hulk like his a god like entity... I don't have double standards why would you say that... Hulk does not jump at lightspeed nor punches at lightspeed... That's ridiculous!

Flash has proven over 9000 times he can go a x times faster than light while running... i mean like wtf?

What do you say about mindless Hulk... Does he care about his surroundings too? Why can't he punch at lightspeed... Nor jump at such speed... You sir are becoming infected by the common overrating virus.

I love Hulk but he's not a God... Hulk is not a speedster! And he would never be.. probably... I think we should stop arguing about this... i don't want to believe you're a fanboy... Seriously...

Quote me pls... I want to see where did i show any kind of hypocrisy...

#124 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001:Man... Hulk never goes super mad with them because they didn't make him angry enough, they always try to calm him down... You're putting Hulk like his a god like entity... I don't have double standards why would you say that... Hulk does not jump at lightspeed nor punches at lightspeed... That's ridiculous!

Flash has proven over 9000 times he can go a x times faster than light while running... i mean like wtf?

What do you say about mindless Hulk... Does he care about his surroundings too? Why can't he punch at lightspeed... Nor jump at such speed... You sir are becoming infected by the common overrating virus.

I love Hulk but he's not a God... Hulk is not a speedster! And he would never be.. probably... I think we should stop arguing about this... i don't want to believe you're a fanboy... Seriously...

Quote me pls... I want to see where did i show any kind of hypocrisy...

just to make it clear the term god doesn't mean much on comics, thor is a god but hulk has beaten him. ares is also a god but he is pathetically weak.

#125 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Nobody tells you or anyone to do mathematical calculations for someone like the Flash and any characters that can keep pace with him but you do it anyway.

When the same is done for the Hulk some people will say " No, that's making him Overpowered!!" or "Hulk just can't be a speedster" or "We can apply physics to other characters but not the Hulk!!"

IT'S BLATANT HYPOCRISY.

IF YOU CAN"T FOLLOW WHAT YOU SAY YOU FOLLOW THEN YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE.

IF YOU CAN'T WALK THE WALK THEN YOU BEST NOT TALK THE TALK.

#126 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to apply physics to Hulk when physics says you hit a guy with a gamma radiation, he dies and his bones melt, he doesnt turn big, green and mean :p

#127 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to apply physics to Hulk when physics says you hit a guy with a gamma radiation, he dies and his bones melt, he doesnt turn big, green and mean :p

THANK YOU!

#128 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

So are you saying Hulk can't be related to simply for being the character that he is? Its no harder to apply physics to other characters but i don't try to discount their super-ness.

#129 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Not really no, i am more saying along the lines that, Hulk has a character clearly doesnt follow science. I never question whether Superman was stronger or other stuffs, just that i do not always agree using science to explain most feats on comics because when those feats are written science behind them are hardly ever is whats on writers mind.

#130 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

So when is it okay and not okay? How can you draw the line?

Are you saying common sense stuff should be abandoned, especially when someone doesn't want to acknowledge it?

Should we hold onto science and logic only when it tells us what we want to hear about certain things?

#131 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Thats not what i am saying, i am not averse to people applying science to explain something in comics, i am averse to people "overapplying" science.

Because its pretty clearly writers dont give two hoots about F= m x a when they show punching power, after all in all honestly you would expect Quicksilver and Whizzers punches to be the most devastating on marvel earth guys, as opposed to what its actually shown as Hulk, Hercules and Thor.

Its nice to use science to quantify a feat, because there are no better options avaliable, but you have to take into consideration the writers intent in comics, after all its the writer who make those feat happen, what they were likely thinking at the moment should matter.

#132 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Dude, Hulk has no record of being a speedster... until then, HE IS NOT. Period. You're just speculating by using science. I don't need to do the math or calculate anything because the comic tells you at what speed he's running. DUH.

We can apply physics on Hulk and everything we want to, but does it really matters in comics? Comics are full of CIS/PIS and plot conspiracies. Its not like we're reading a science book or something. It's stupid to apply pure physics on comic characters.

Again, why saying Hulk its not a speedster makes me a hypocrite? I truly believe he's NOT a speedster, it's pretty clear i don't have double standards. You're claiming yourself as sophisticated person pointing out who's a hypocrite and who's not, and you don't even know how to properly apply the meaning of hypocrisy.

Giving Hulk the ability to go as fast as light its taking out a major weakness from his character! He would not be only the strongest, but one of the most powerful as well, putting him just below cosmic entities. That's overpowering a character, giving him abilities that he doesn't really need.

You can do whatever you like, but you have no proof of me being a hypocrite. Sure, apply all the science you want on Hulk, but you won't find a single scan where Hulk actually pulls out a speedster feat. Good luck.

#133 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I wasn't using the "comic god", i meant something way stronger and overpowered. But thanks.

GR.

#134 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

When i Came to the site, Hulk was seriously underrated, he could barely win a battle around here, people actually, SOME , believed that spider-man could actually beat him, but right now i'd say that hulk is getting way more respect than he did, which makes me happy

#135 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

It doesn't matter how many excuses you make.

Denying Hulk's speed is the same as denying that the Flash's can hit hard.

You Ignore that Hulk has proven faster than rockets and missles, and has fought all manner of things in the MU.

Hulk has put out great forces. Just because the writer doesn't always specify things like acceleration doesn't mean it is re non-existent. Force is the acceleration of mass.

No matter what you say, you really have no way of proving Hulk is any less fast than a top tier speedster when it comes to his punches(when they are not being pulled).

You ignore one side of the equation simply because it tells you something you don't want to acknowledge.

It makes perfect sense but you can't except the fact that Hulk surpasses most comic characters with a few who match him. You think the Hulk makes most comic characters look like girls scouts so you feel the need to discredit him.

#137 Edited by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: LOL! Flash can hit hard because of the IM punch... Hulk hits hard because he has great strength... Those are 2 very different ways to punch. Again, Hulk has "lighting fast" reflexes, but that doesn't make him a speedster.

AGAIN, you're speculating by using science on something that keeps defying the physic laws. Comics are not equations, deal with it.

PROVE he's somewhere near speedster lvl. Stop speculating, things can't work like that. All you stated was surrounded by a big "MAYBE", which can be discarded easily. I don't need to prove anything, i can simply say Hulk's not a speedster because he doesn't have proof of being one. Easier than 2+2= Bacon...

All this time you were trying to call me an ignorant, not a hypocrite. Genius.

Its true, Hulk surpasses most comic characters, but not by speed lol... Hulk can punch fast, but Flash can f*cking go intangible while punching, along with a bunch of similar speedsters. Those are 2 immensely different lvls.

You're the one ignoring mostly the entire equation... Hulk has never proven he's a speedster. I would love to see Hulk going lightspeed while fighting Juggs. Does he take Juggs seriously, or he's too busy thinking of butterflies and trees to fight him for real?

Im not discrediting anyone, im just being realistic and basing my arguments of the things i've seen. You, on the contrary, are giving Hulk abilities and feats he doesn't have! You're a fanboy.

From now on, ill ignore you until you bring reliable proof Hulk is a speedster. OR says somewhere he's punches are as fast as lightspeed or as fast as a sound if you feel like it.

#138 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

You're using an equation when talking about Flash but your'e telling me not to use equations?

Once again, you've proven my point.

#139 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: What equation...????? Dude, you're killing my brain cells...

#140 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

You mentioned Einstein's theory of relativity.

The formula for It is E=mc².

Your using a formula for generating atom-splitting energy.

This formula is the mother of Hulk and Flash.

#142 Edited by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Hahahaha! Wtf? I've never mentioned something like that, not even something similar. You're crazy... Now for real... Im done with you, you're making stuff up. Total mindf*ck.

#143 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

You mentioned the Flash's "infinite mass punch".

The Flash's "infinite mas punch" is based on Einsteins theory of relativity.

#144 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

I mentioned an ability Flash has... I didn't mentioned Einsteins theory... It doesn't matter if its related to the theory. Actually, Flash has proven he can perform that "attack" as seen in his issues, on the contrary, Hulk has never proven to be a speedster. Your whole point it's blunt and its pure speculation. ( -.-') *sigh*...

#145 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Stating the mechanics of super-strength & speed is not speculation at all.

Force is the acceleration of mass. The stronger the force, the greater the mass' rate of motion (speed).

#146 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

The Force you talk so much doesn't work on living beings that simple , it involves a lot of anatomic features, that force you're teaching about can be applied on "example" particles. However, my point is: Hulk its not a speedster... Why: Because he has never done anything to say he's one. You're like: "Let's use a bunch of physics facts to say Hulk can reach speedster lvl totally ignoring the fact he has never proven to have that ability!"

<----because one hand isn't enough.

#147 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

Actually it does. Hulk is a living gamma bomb.

Muscles work the same way. They put out force. It's all about velocity. Hulk's muscles contract at velocities that can smash atoms, just like gamma-rays.

What has Hulk not done that you are talking about? I'm just talking about how much thrusting velocity his arms and legs have, for things like throwing punches and kicks.

#148 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Hulk punches are not as fast as speedsters... Why is it so hard for you to see it? You know what? Fine, think w/e you want.

#149 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by theJerk2 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Dum529001 is stating that, in order to produce such force in his punches, hulk's muscles contract at incredible speed. He is not stating that hulk can run faster than light, as GhostRavage has been accusing him of. Movement speed is separate from reflex speed and perception. Hulk's reflex speed is very high, because his muscles can contract so fast, but he is, in no way, going to run around the world in only a couple seconds. Which brings me to my question... when Flash is running at super speed around the world, does it seem to him that he's only running, say, 10 miles an hour? If so, that sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.