Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Comicvine Hulk vs Real Hulk

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SpectroRaphael

I think a lot of people buy too much into the PIS that is associated with Hulk. First of all, he shouldn't be able to even garner any sort of win against characters like SS, Superman & Gladiator. The only way to even have such fights is to downgrade those characters and make them slow enough to hit. In their prime, Hulk should never be able to touch them & they should speed blitz him so hard he doesn't even have the time to know what's going on, not to talk of getting angry.

Another thing is the 'limitless strength' thing that i'll address in 2 ways. First of all, limitless strength is practically useless since his invulnerability doesn't grow with it & his powers don't multiply. Take the ground from under his feet & he's rendered useless. Use a constant supply of energy capable of tearing through his flesh & he's vaporized in minutes if not seconds (As seen when Gladiator used HV against him, but was stupid enough to stand in one spot while Hulk was moving towards him).

Also, there is an obvious limit to his strength because there is an obvious limit to anger. You can only get so angry & your body can only produce so many anger-inducing chemicals. Having your entire family killed seems to pretty much top it. You can't say that someone stepping on your toes or even punching you in the face after your family has just been killed would make you angrier than that. Hence his reaching his limit while fighting the Sentry.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#52  Edited By turoksonofstone

Hulk is misunderstood/underrated by the CV mainstays who are DC leaning.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Takao0815

@SpectroRaphael:

His invulnerability increases sometimes.

(as size, speed, number of super powers, etc.)

Anger is not the limit of his strength.

Anger is just a Catalyst. If it is three times as angry tripled in not his strength. It increases more three times as fast.

And the whole is exponentially.

The stronger it is, the faster increase his strength.

Gladiator was not stupid. He hath put all his strength into his eyes. The fight is just the right art to the Hulk. Bichen laying around and some heat would look gewessen an error.

His powers are limited(sochn views who does the same in a contest in the race and in weightlifting with?).

with the sentry is a good example.

Hulk was stronger and more powerful than earlier in this fight.

Later he was also stronger.

the strength which he in World War Hulk # 4 showed is a joke in comparison to the in

Incredible Hulk # 634 and Incredible Hulk # 305

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SpectroRaphael

@Takao0815:His invulnerability never changes. No matter how angry he gets Wolverine's claws always manage to cut him.

Anger IS the limit to his strength, if not, where else does he get his power from? Magic?

Like i said before, at his angriest he was stopped by Sentry. Anger gives him a boost, but it doesn't give him the ability to fly or move at lightspeed. In the end all he has is brute strength, and that is why i guess a lot of people hate him, because they make him beat characters that shouldn't give him a second glance.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Takao0815

But he changes his invulnerability.

Thus, the adamantium claws in his skin WWH not penetrate.

For a long time he was vulnerable to weapons that were based on gamma technology. A Gamabombe him once destroyed his body. Spätter a dozen Gamabomben caused no damage. He was stronger and bigger.

His power comes from gamers radiation.

If he gets angry his cells begin to produce radiation.

further energy Absobieren Kanner and is connected to (at least) one other Dimmension. From this Dimmension he can suck energy.

Since short one knows he multiplies the energy of the absorption Gammerstrahlung.

He is capable of producing radiation to produce this absorbing and so still meher radiation.

Thus we have an endless source of energy.

The sentry stopped him though but Hulk was more powerful than he was in WWH.

Without absorbing cosmic energy he has never flown before.

(once he did fly something similar)

But he has already moved in normal space faster than light.

far as I know, there are no heroes bask has done it without help

(the surfer community in normal space 99% of the speed of light).

Sometimes the Hulk is as fast as a human.

Sometimes he does but also missiles, is faster than a laser beam or impressed Captain universe with his speed.

Bandless the Hulk changed his forces constantly.

Gamma fire beams of EMP effect, weather manipulation (Could not trolls).

Everything happened before.

I like the Hulk because he is also the strongest and the weakest.

Especially I liked the Bandless Hulk. No one else was ever so Instabiel Hulk.

In a moment he no society in the next 8 tons 100 tons are not a problem page spätter he can. Not even on my feet Hold And then he is against more than 140 tons.

Then anger did not care.

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SpectroRaphael

Um, i'm pretty sure Wolverine was still cutting him up in WWH.

He may be able to emit it, but that's not the same as having it as a power source. Plus to get it in large dozes isn't common.

And i'm sorry, did you just say weather control? That's absolutely funny!

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Takao0815

@SpectroRaphael: Wolverine could only still hurt his eyes.

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/respect-the-hulk/92-704811/#78

In WWH his skin Major Cyclobs rays was vulnerable.

Previously not. There was a time where a wooden spear has pierced his skin.

Its power source is gamma radiation.

His mutated cells have a residual radiation.

In many versions, the Hulk cells are stimulated by anger.

They multiply and produce radiation.

Most of the radiation is absorbed, the Hulk.

Thus he gets stronger etc. (adaptation by mutation)

No weather control. Weather manipulation.

The energy which he ausgin caused storms, etc.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Fifthchild

@SpectroRaphael said:

I think a lot of people buy too much into the PIS that is associated with Hulk. First of all, he shouldn't be able to even garner any sort of win against characters like SS, Superman & Gladiator. The only way to even have such fights is to downgrade those characters and make them slow enough to hit. In their prime, Hulk should never be able to touch them & they should speed blitz him so hard he doesn't even have the time to know what's going on, not to talk of getting angry.

When has the Silver Surfer ever speed-blitzed anyone? His claims for being a genuine speedster are rather dubious. Hell when has Superman ever hit someone "1000s of times a second" or whatever at normal strength. Hes "blitzed" people but that has always ammounted to about a dozen punches in a few seconds. And if you are big on "the way things should be" then theres plenty of reason to believe that he isnt capable of generating all-out-force at all-out-speed. Sure powers get played down in comics sometimes while being played up in other contexts. The Hulk's dynamic strength is often ignored or downplayed in fights with others IMO. Given Hulk's healing factor it should agably be next to impossible to put him down with any kind of lasting knockout for another example. And often other characters aren't shown as being as versatile when they fight. But that's hardly a situation unique to people fighting the Hulk.

Another thing is the 'limitless strength' thing that i'll address in 2 ways. First of all, limitless strength is practically useless since his invulnerability doesn't grow with it & his powers don't multiply.

Not true. He has been shown getting harder to hurt the angrier he gets many times. In particular the Modern Gravage Hulk has shown that his healing factor is very responsive to anger and when enraged it can amp to pretty insane levels. e.g. World War Hulk.

Take the ground from under his feet & he's rendered useless. Use a constant supply of energy capable of tearing through his flesh & he's vaporized in minutes if not seconds (As seen when Gladiator used HV against him, but was stupid enough to stand in one spot while Hulk was moving towards him).

Good luck finding a constant supply of energy capable of vaporizing the Hulk. I'm sure every second character is capable of generating that kind of output. Iron Man's repulsors maybe. As for Gladiator, Hulk had reduced durability at that point because of his relationship to the energies of the Heroes Reborn Universe.

Also, there is an obvious limit to his strength because there is an obvious limit to anger. You can only get so angry & your body can only produce so many anger-inducing chemicals.

Hardly applicable to a comic book character. This argument constantly comes up but you may as well argue that Superman can't fly because he is violating conservation of momentum.

Having your entire family killed seems to pretty much top it. You can't say that someone stepping on your toes or even punching you in the face after your family has just been killed would make you angrier than that. Hence his reaching his limit while fighting the Sentry.

...and going way beyond that "limit" about 30 seconds later.

Carsonpratt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Carsonpratt

first of, stop trying to prove your points most arent right. and second i can hardly understand a fricken word you're saying, learn to spell for the love of god

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Takao0815

@Carsonpratt: I'm sorry I do not understand what you want. If I have made ​​a mistake somewhere (of the statement here) please say where.

If the grammar is about a mistake I'm cond. English is not very me. So I use a translation program.

From English into German, the most klapt seher well.= Wenn ich irgendwo eine Fehler gemacht habe (von der Aussage her) sag bitte wo.

Wenn des um einen Gramatik Fehler geht tut es mir leit. Englisch liegt mir nicht besonders. Darum benutze ich ein übersetzungsprogramm.

Vom Englischen ins Deutsche klapt das meistens seher gut. Tut mir leid ich verstehe nicht was du willst.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#61  Edited By AssertingValor

He would be a lot better character if he could fly and hold a decent conversation more often lol

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpectroRaphael

@Fifthchild: SS doesn't blitz, but he is still fast enough to avoid being touched by the Hulk at all. Superman can move almost as fast as Flash, and you hardly see him using that speed to his advantage because the writers know that those fights won't last barely long enough to build a story. Characters with that level of speed are the ones that are downplayed quite a lot. Healing factor doesn't change being knocked out in anyway. The healing factor has also been carried to extremely ridiculous levels that it is now almost laughable, going beyond even magic!

Wolverine could still cut Hulk in WWH just as much as he could cut him in regular form. With the Gladiator fight durability hardly mattered. If Glads had continued through and used his superspeed with the HV, he would have vaporized every cell of his body in moments.

I don't see how the anger analogy fails to apply to comics. They still stick to a certain degree of scientific knowledge. It's not the looney tunes after all.

The point remains that his limit was still reached. An outside event had to reignite it which won't be the case in a one-on-one battle. A more durable character than the Sentry could have crushed him once he reverted to Banner.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fifthchild

@SpectroRaphael said:

@Fifthchild: SS doesn't blitz, but he is still fast enough to avoid being touched by the Hulk at all.

A highly dubious assertion. The Surfer has very fast travel speed to be sure - he can fly through the cosmos at faster than light speeds but the evidence for him having very fast reflexes and perception is pretty poor. Its not non-existant - in fact i argued in favour of him having a couple of genuine speed type showings in a recent thread - but a lot of people would laugh off the ieda of Surfer being someone who a character like Hulk couldn't touch. And thats certainly something thats never been showed in the comics.

Superman can move almost as fast as Flash, and you hardly see him using that speed to his advantage because the writers know that those fights won't last barely long enough to build a story. Characters with that level of speed are the ones that are downplayed quite a lot.

Fights wouldnt last long if Hulk easily became so durable and strong that someone like Superman coud barely turn his head. Powers get downplayed all the time.

And for what its worth characters as strong as the Hulk should be moving at tremendous speeds - Force = mass x acceleration and Hulk can generate tremendous force.

Healing factor doesn't change being knocked out in anyway.

Not true. A knockout is the result of sudden brain trauma and concussion. With a character like the Hulk who can regenerate flesh and even bones, organs and nervous tissue in seconds theres no way a KO should be able to keeep him down.

If we want to play the "should" game that is.

The healing factor has also been carried to extremely ridiculous levels that it is now almost laughable, going beyond even magic!

As opposed to superspeed which isnt entirely magical? The Flash can run really fast without launching himself into orbit with every step? Superman can read a library of books in a few seconds without the books exploding and bursting into flames? The Flash can "vibrate through things" because he is going really, really fast? Makes sense.

Wolverine could still cut Hulk in WWH just as much as he could cut him in regular form.

Flat out not true - its mentioned in the comic by Woolverine that he is finding it much harder to cut the Hulks skin.

Leaving that aside though theres several instances where Wolverine has been unable to cut the Savage Hulk's skin at all. There are oher contradictory ones but IIRC the last word on the matter of their initial encounter, as retold in Wolverine's book, had him discover that he couldn't cut the Savage Hulk at all.

With the Gladiator fight durability hardly mattered. If Glads had continued through and used his superspeed with the HV, he would have vaporized every cell of his body in moments.

...? How is Gladiator supposed to use his superspeed with the heat vision to vaporize Hulk in moments? He forces the heat out of his eyes at great speed?

And of course durability mattered. If Hulk was portrayed as durable enough to laugh off Glads hv then its a moot point isn't it? And at that point in time the Hulk's durability was compromised. He was made to bleed when hit by missiles and was impaled by a street post. This isnt just me making up xcuses for low showings either - its specifically mentioned in the stories of this period.

I don't see how the anger analogy fails to apply to comics. They still stick to a certain degree of scientific knowledge. It's not the looney tunes after all.

OK. Then Superman can't fly. Nobody can go faster than light. The Hulk cant even exist because he violates conservation of mass when Banner gains 500 kg or so in a couple of seconds.

These are some pretty fundamental laws of the universe that are flagrantly violated day to day by pretty much everyone in a comic book.

The point remains that his limit was still reached. An outside event had to reignite it which won't be the case in a one-on-one battle.

His limit clearly wasn't reached. Not in the way that you originally meant it at first before you shifted the goalposts at any rate. The Hulk explicitly got much, much, much more powerful after that fight.

Its not even like he was particularly angry during the fight - he had no particular beef with The Sentry and was even sharing his Hulk philosophy during the fight.

A more durable character than the Sentry could have crushed him once he reverted to Banner.

Because there are so many characters who are more powerful than The Sentry. A guy who had more raw power than the freaking Molecule Man and could apparently become whatever he wanted with his innate powerset. I can live with the idea that the Hulk could have beaten or killed by someone in a fight once if he had actually been fighting someone else instead of the guy he was actually fighting.

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpectroRaphael

First off, Wolverine never complained that Hulk's skin was more difficult to cut. He kept on cutting him up like he regularly does. I can't think of any moments when Wolverine failed to cut Hulk. He's cut up Red Hulk pretty nicely too.

Concussions make sense in light of the nature of the healing factor. The function of healing is controlled by the brain, so when they brain itself is what is damaged, enhanced healing will take longer than naturally expected. That is why beheading effectively leads to death in healing factor related characters.

Gladiator can still use his heat vision when going fast, as long as he is flying around the Hulk the heat vision would be moving perpendicular to his motion anyway. Superman & other such characters have done it numerous times. I'd have to see the scans where it explicitly states that Hulk's durability was reduced for the period when he faced Gladiator, because most of his other attributes seemed to be advanced. (He was intelligent at the time IIRC).

This problem is probably mine not yours, but i do not remember Hulk immediately turning more powerful '30 seconds' after his fight with Sentry. I've read WWH but i do not remember that.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Takao0815

@SpectroRaphael said:

First off, Wolverine never complained that Hulk's skin was more difficult to cut. He kept on cutting him up like he regularly does. I can't think of any moments when Wolverine failed to cut Hulk. He's cut up Red Hulk pretty nicely too.

Concussions make sense in light of the nature of the healing factor. The function of healing is controlled by the brain, so when they brain itself is what is damaged, enhanced healing will take longer than naturally expected. That is why beheading effectively leads to death in healing factor related characters.

Gladiator can still use his heat vision when going fast, as long as he is flying around the Hulk the heat vision would be moving perpendicular to his motion anyway. Superman & other such characters have done it numerous times. I'd have to see the scans where it explicitly states that Hulk's durability was reduced for the period when he faced Gladiator, because most of his other attributes seemed to be advanced. (He was intelligent at the time IIRC).

This problem is probably mine not yours, but i do not remember Hulk immediately turning more powerful '30 seconds' after his fight with Sentry. I've read WWH but i do not remember that.

I think it was more than 30 seconds.

Wiser to have cost the Hulk force.

I know, unfortunately not what Hulk has fought Gladiator.

For example, during a battle with Vector, all of Proffessor Hulk part of his skin and muscle mass were flayed;

The same attack caused the first Mindless Hulk no scratches.

Rulk is not relevant.

know, unfortunately not what Hulk has fought Gladiator.

For example, during a battle with Vector, all of Proffessor Hulk part of his skin and muscle mass were flayed;

The same attack caused the first Mindless Hulk no scratches.

"Superhuman Durability:. In addition to great strength, the Hulk's body poss esses a high degree of resistance to injury The Hulk's skin is impervious to conventional blades, adamantium and vibranium being amongst the very few metals that are truly capable of piercing his skin. The Hulk is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, powerful explosives, pressures extremes, falls from orbital heights, maximized heat without blistering, maximized cold without freezing, and great impacts. The Hulk has withstood the impact of a ground zero nuclear explosion and thus the Human Torch's Nova Blast, with a temperature of one million degrees Fahrenheit, without any injury. The Hulk was thus able to withstand a planet-devastating impact, a planet-shattering impact at point blank range, and a mighty blast from Galactus. The Hulk's durability, like his strength, is fueled by rushes of adrenaline while angry. This is exemplified when Wolverine states during World War Hulk that Hulk's skin was harder to damnify."

Rulk is not relevant.

"Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Hulk injury. However, the Hulk is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body (including limbs, internal organs, and even his head). The Hulk's healing factor so Enables him to revert from any physical transmutation. Additionally hey, heals faster and more extensively the madder he gets. Carmilla Black once injected a chemical substance that neutralizes Hulk's healing factor. Amadeus Cho. Sun Caused the Hulk to get mad enough for his immune system to fight off the substance"

The cure also changes with each version.

When the dead Banner was transformed into the Hulk Gravage the bullet remained in his body. Green Scar absorbed such foreign materials.

Banner Hulk took days(at least)to be healed broken leg.

Proffessor Hulk at a broken neck until needed.

Secunden at Green scar only. (Despite his venom that forces him to earlier values ​​reduced).

Maestro was completely destroyed by the first gamma bomb.

(More Gadiator would not align to when Hulk would have kept quiet.

Would be wasted if not for energy Gladiator Super speed it would probably not matter anyway.)

Nevertheless, he should regenerate itself.

(Gather up the energy for his spirit.)

Recort was Superman (in normal space) 2000 miles per second. (See Flash Flash # 209).

The recort of Surfers (in normal space) is 99% the speed of light.

At this rate, he was met by Hulk.

Some Hulks can adjust to speed (but apparently not in agility).

Fury said as long as the Hulk was angry enough that he could adjust to anything.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fifthchild

@SpectroRaphael said:

First off, Wolverine never complained that Hulk's skin was more difficult to cut.

Of course he didn't. Oh wait:

No Caption Provided
    He kept on cutting him up like he regularly does. I can't think of any moments when Wolverine failed to cut Hulk.

Thats alright because I can. His first appearance for one. As confirmed in a recent retelling as i said before.

He's cut up Red Hulk pretty nicely too.

And Gladiator. And Thanos. And pretty much everyone else he connects with.

Concussions make sense in light of the nature of the healing factor. The function of healing is controlled by the brain, so when they brain itself is what is damaged, enhanced healing will take longer than naturally expected. "The function of healing is controlled by the brain". No. No it isnt. If you get knocked out it doesnt mean your cells are going to replicate slower or a broken arm is going to heal slower because you are in a coma. To be clear -the body does not repair itself because of "healing instructions" coming from the brain. Thats totally incongrous with the real world science perspective you were promoting before.

That is why beheading effectively leads to death in healing factor related characters.

Does it? Ultimate Wolverine was beheaded and wasnt particularly bothered. I'm pretty sure the same could be said for Deadpool.

It was the Heroes reborn period. Hulk was the only character who existed in both universes at once as he ahd been split in two with banner going into the Franklinverse and Hulk staying outside. Due to this Hulk effectively had the energies of an entire universe flowing through his body. It would sometimes make him stronger but it was also killing him. When fighting Wolverine in the Savage Land he just suddenly collapsed unconscious. When hit by a missile when facing The Thunderbolts his chest was covered with blood. Deadpool was shocked to see him impaled by a street lamp.

No Caption Provided

He Hulked out again after Miek stabbed Rick and then he went "Worldbreaker" for the first time when Miek revealed who really planted the bomb. His mere footsteps (not stomps) were threatening to break the continent (they did break Manhattan in half), and as ludicrous as it may be it was kind of implied if this Hulk went for a quick jog then the planet would be screwed.

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SpectroRaphael

@Fifthchild:Sorry. I completely missed the dialogue in that fight with Wolverine. I admit that i was wrong on that.

I mentioned Red Hulk as an analog to Hulk himself. Wolverine can cut those who have tough skin not complete invulnerability, so that makes sense in the light of likes like Thor & Thanos.

The ultimate versions of the characters are quite different from the 616 versions. It has been acknowledged that Wolverine will die if he is beheaded in the 616 universe. Deadpool was made straight out unkillable regardless of his healing factor.

I also missed that last part of WWH, so the fault is mine again. But it remains that these characters had done something to him personally to enrage him. Killing his wife, planet & best friend. Those situations don't apply to a one-on-one fight with most other characters.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Takao0815

@SpectroRaphael: Look on the first page

because you did not make him very angry.

The World breaker is now in the Hulk.

this Hulk version keeps its forces. If they are free banner he is equally reflected in stronger than WWH. Even strong radiation can increase the powers of the Hulk. As a final option, he can even sacrifice his spirit.

dominicwalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dominicwalli

i cant agree to anything stated,this is a bag of ****** for many reasons,he cant "achieve infinite strenght",cause he would need to b infinitely mad,which is impossible,and the comicvine hulk is by far the must overated and hyped hulk ever.it amuses me how some 1 dares to say that he should b way more powerfull,first of all he couldnt move a planet for way many reasons.he cant fly,he cant get really angry at the world lol...hes soo stupid he couldnt tell if the world is flat or rounded.from where would he grab it?superman indeed has moved many planets,supermans strenght,speed,durabilty,brains,and way many mroe things are comparable or way out of the league of hulk,all hulk is is strenght,nothing else,it doesnt take just strenght to actually be the must powerfull.

hulk is too dam hyped im tired of this,if u read his page(in comicvine),its just ridiculous,theres some fans out there adding abilities and stuff,okey his alter ego is bruce banner,that doesnt make him smart nor a weapons expert.and it would go out of his character.being too smart would make him very vulnerable(he would b way more harder to get angry).

I DONT KNOW IF SUPERMAN LOSES OR WINS,BUT ITS RIDICULOUS THE AMOUNT OF ATTENTION HULK GETS FROM THE FANBOYS IN HERE,it is ridiculous to see that ppl in here think he got swordmanship,imortality,energy absorption,agility,tracking,weapons master,intelect and sub-mariner as abilities,bruce banner and hulk,in fact,share the same body,but dont add banner's abilities to hulk's.because when hes hulk,he doesnt have vast intelect,nor is a weapons master,and i would consider energy absorption as bruce's too lol,cause he was the 1 of em that took that gamma radiationO_O.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fifthchild

@SpectroRaphael said:

@Fifthchild:Sorry. I completely missed the dialogue in that fight with Wolverine. I admit that i was wrong on that.

No worries.

I mentioned Red Hulk as an analog to Hulk himself. Wolverine can cut those who have tough skin not complete invulnerability, so that makes sense in the light of likes like Thor & Thanos.

I cant think of any characters (within reason) that have "complete invulnerability" rather than tough/highly durable skin. Wolverine has cut Hulk, Thor, Thanos, The Thing, Gladiator etc. There probably isn't anyone in the MU he couldn't cut around half the time or more. Its pretty much his thing.

The ultimate versions of the characters are quite different from the 616 versions. It has been acknowledged that Wolverine will die if he is beheaded in the 616 universe. Deadpool was made straight out unkillable regardless of his healing factor.

Your statement was an absolute one ("The function of healing is controlled by the brain, so when they brain itself is what is damaged, enhanced healing will take longer than naturally expected. That is why beheading effectively leads to death in healing factor related characters") that made no mention of being true only of 616 characters. Theres no 616 continuity to suggest it must be true of all characters with healing factors either, to my knowledge.

I also missed that last part of WWH, so the fault is mine again. But it remains that these characters had done something to him personally to enrage him. Killing his wife, planet & best friend. Those situations don't apply to a one-on-one fight with most other characters.

No doubt.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By gravitypress

@Fifthchild: Only problem with the Wolverine scan was the lack of adamantium on his claws.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Fifthchild

@gravitypress said:

@Fifthchild: Only problem with the Wolverine scan was the lack of adamantium on his claws.

Eh? That was a Wolverine complete with adamantium skeleton/claws I assure you.

dominicwalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dominicwalli

@TheAcidSkull said:

@dominicwalli: you've never read a hulk comic have you? typical.....

plz quote the part you didnt understood,so i can help u understand.Red hulk beats hulk,red hulk absorbs hulks radiation and makes him stronger.Oh wait maybe the part in which hulk is a master swordman,or an immortal?he can take a huge beating by super powered guys,that doesnt make him immortal,or else tons of characters would b immortals.i have watched tons of hulk comics,and even most of the tv shows,i liked the hulk animation series back in the 90s,i think most or all of the comic is explained in there,oc i got bored of hulk a long time ago.Disney should lay down hulk and focus on other characters.

dominicwalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By dominicwalli

@TheAcidSkull said:

@dominicwalli said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@dominicwalli: you've never read a hulk comic have you? typical.....

plz quote the part you didnt understood,so i can help u understand.Red hulk beats hulk,red hulk absorbs hulks radiation and makes him stronger.Oh wait maybe the part in which hulk is a master swordman,or an immortal?he can take a huge beating by super powered guys,that doesnt make him immortal,or else tons of characters would b immortals.i have watched tons of hulk comics,and even most of the tv shows,i liked the hulk animation series back in the 90s,i think most or all of the comic is explained in there,oc i got bored of hulk a long time ago.Disney should lay down hulk and focus on other characters.

Yup. your a troll.

cant assimilate that statement,you sound like the troll.

dominicwalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By dominicwalli

lol,can some 1 blv this guy?

MrBombastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MrBombastic

Hulk is the strongest there is, period.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanary: Yeah and this is where you start sounding wrong "his invulnerability isn't" "Heat vision" and "freeze breath"

1. Hulks invulnerability adapts(of course) which is why after a while things that make him bleed will eventually not. and if it didn't his power will rip him apart. If his invulnerability did not adapt and only his strength did his skin would rip apart

2.Heat vision will only stall which is and adapt Hulk can withstands temperatures as hot as the sun.\

3.Freeze breath really there are people weaker who have broken from his freeze breath and again it will only stall

plus if they are blood lusted as you say Hulk will be like an unstoppable terminator and. The one main thing I don't seem to get about the superman/hulk dispute is How if hulks strength is "limitless" when would superman beat hulk with out BFR or a barrage of super powers and multiple sun visits.Hulk doesn't need sun he will adapt he is The definition of limitless power(without banner of course) The only real way i see superman winning is pulling a fear itself Thor and admitting he can't beat him and doing a BFR making hulk unconscious.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@fiodestromus: Hulk wasn't unconscious in Fear Itself. He continued his rampage against Dracula, while Thor collapsed and was taken to Odin in order to be healed of his very serious wounds inflicted by the conflict with Nul-Hulk.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectroraphael: Yea O.K. guy! Din't the generic Hulk curbstomp the entire JLA with brute force alone. And before you say Doomsday is a super-speedster, prove it. So a guy who gets stronger the more he dies(LMAO) can defeat the lamest characters in the history of comicdom, but not the guy who get's stronger the madder he get's? Of course the Hulk defeats Superman.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterkyle91: Actually it was a popularity contest and that was the reason he won. Likewise Wolverine was able to take out Lobo, so yea. The reality is Superman is the most over-hyped character of all time narrowly edging Bat-Man by a smidgen of a pubic hair.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#86  Edited By GhostRavage

Good thread. Very informative and yes... Sadly, Superman will beat Hulk by speedblitzing or BFR. Superman's ridiculous powerset makes him almost unmatchable with most characters.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By JJ62

I agree that Hulk is massively underrated on this site. Thor fans like to cherry pick the BEST Thor feats and compare them to Hulk's normal.

I think the Thor/Hulk fanboy war is kinda funny "derp, Hulk always win cuz infinite strength, derp" and then "derp, you all stupid fanboys Thor always win cuz holding back, derp" lol...back in the day, neither one really held back against anyone who could take their hits and never against each other.

Of course nowdays, when he's not holding back Thor can beat TOAA too ;)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GhostRavage

@jj62: I hope that was sarcasm.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Yea that worked out great for Superman when he first encountered Doomsday. Whenever Superman encounters an extremely powerful foe he just speed blitzes him an tosses him in the sun. I can't count the times Superetcon Man has just wound up like Nolan Ryan and tossed his enemy at superetcon speed into the sun. He's the most incredible hero of all time. And his disguise is absolute genius. Does anyone here remember Superman 2 when he was depowered to deflower Lois Lane? Remember when he fought an evenly matched trucker and had his a** handed to him? Anyone else here see what happened when he encountered Hel ? How about the time he fought a drunk Lobo and was so far out of his league Lobo couldn't help but laugh? If the Hulk did encounter Superman I think Supes would french kiss him at Superspeed so the Hulk would forget why he's angry? That's also one of his nifty super-duper powers I guess.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dominicwalli: LMFAO ,You come in to this forum to trash the Hulk with a Poison Ivy avatar ! Are you a Bat-man fanboy ? If so I would love to share my thoughts on the Bat-Man. The greatest tactician ever right ? Master of every known form of martial art by early twenties. The Worlds greatest detective right ? Can accomplish anything with prep right ? Yet he couldn't devise a way to save his son from being beaten to death. Yet he cannot stop a retard with face paint and a smile definitively . His city is worse than it was before his "mission" started. Exactly how many years of prep does this master strategist need to deal with the Joker? You want to talk about a bag of sh*t , how about Batman? And why must this grown a$$ man always be surround by little boy's in green panties ? It makes you wonder about the nature of Alfred and young Bruce's relationship , Master Bruce indeed. Also what did you mean when you said you "watched" a lot of Hulk comics? That's the problem with you kids your'e supposed to read books not watch em. I have to ask, are you simple ?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Toss up lol

hulk as portrayed by some people with one shot real hulk, and portrayed by others, he dies horribly

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amusing people still make these threads...well technically this one is really old, but you can pinpoint the moment this place turned into a clusterf*@k.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62: Thor and TOAA stuff... Btw, i think Thor not holding back isn't a big deal. The "Bloodlusted" arguments are very overrated.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: Im sorry if you misinterpreted my argument. I just said Superman has a lot of superpowers and for that, he's often the winner in every match of battle threads. Its always "speedblitz him", "throw him into space" , "vaporize him with his heat vision"... These are by far the most used comments on Superman vs (insert character here) threads. And sadly its true, he can beat 2/3 of all comic characters this way. And those examples you gave just showed how awfully written Superman is. He's broken as f*ck and that's the main reason he is so overrated. But still, he can do what i just stated before. The funny thing is... does he do it? Superman has been tagged/punched/kicked by a LOT of people that doesn't have 1% of Superman speed and reflexes, for example, Solomon Grundy. Guys like Grundy show that Superman can be defeated by characters that are not speedsters nor can't fly... So they use the "Bloodlusted" OP so people can use the 3 most used comments...

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: First off, yes I was being very sarcastic. I was making a mockery of Thor fanboys that get mad when you argue a case for Hulk to beat him, and say that Thor is always holding back and that when he doesn't he's near invincible, which is absolute BS!! Because from the 60's until around the late 90's Thor and Banner/Hulk would hold back against the likes of Iron Man, etc. because he can't a full force punch from either and survive. But against those who can take their hits, they never held back against (that means each other) but then in the early 2000's Marvel started bringing this idea that Thor always holds back and never fights his best. But, their fights before that were all out against each other.

They're fighters not thinkers.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Also about the Superman/Hulk argument.

First of all, Hulk survived Gladiator's heat vision which was 2x hotter than the sun. Which is the same as Superman, so Superman can't "vaporize" him.

I think it depends on which version of each, because they've both been vastly inconsistent. If its PC Superman vs any Hulk, Superman wins. If its the traditional iconic Superman vs Traditional classic Hulk I could see a stalemate or a Hulk win.

Although IMO, Superman going all out from the start he'd win but he'd get a good fight. Superman in character vs Hulk could he either way.

I think folks also forget that Banner also drastically holds Hulk back from the inside, he really does hold back to the same margin that Superman does and that Thor does just not against those who can take the punishment.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62: I've never said heat vision would do anything to Hulk. Gladiator's HV is as hot as the core of stars, not 2x hotter than the sun, with this said, Gladiators Heat vision its a lot hotter than what you stated. Superman's HV it is said it can be hotter than the sun.

As i said before, only speedblitzing and BFR will give Superman the victory. Anything else is dismissed. And that applies for any version of Superman (excluding Silver Age).

And if we're using Superman in character, he loses big time. He loves to take punches right in the face, he loves to hold back even if he's getting his a$$ kicked, and we all know, Hulk loves to smash and prove he's the strongest there is. Actually, Hulk and Banner have some "alliance" right now, apparently they are in some kind of harmony because they were both in love of Caeira i think. But i may be wrong, its been a long time since i last checked out how was my green angry fellah.

Don't get me wrong, I truly believe Hulk can beat Superman in a slugfest, i have no doubts about it. However, we need to consider Superman is insanely fast, has some VERY good reflexes and its one of the power houses of DC. If you take away speed, Superman has no way to beat Hulk. But that's my opinion, anyone with a reliable hypothesis can refute my point of view.

"Although IMO, Superman going all out from the start he'd win but he'd get a good fight."

I think even if going all out from the start that's not the way i see him winning. The last time i checked Hulk was able to go all out too instantly, becoming a VERY powerful being with an unmeasurable amount of kinetic energy and vast energy projection, not to mention he can get stronger if he gets angrier. Superman obviously if not sun dipped, has some limit... He wouldn't need to recharge in the first place if he had unlimited amount of power inside him, the "sun dipped" state would be unpractical and just a waste of paper and time in the comics.

Im a huge Hulk fan, but im nowhere near fanboyism. Hulk can be defeated by Superman AND viceversa, its all about scenarios.

Dissonant_Ink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. The only time I see Hulk get "down graded" by other users on here (sense that's the word down graded is being used here). Is when he's put in battles on these battle forums with characters like Superman, Flash, MM, Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc. I don't understand why he would be "down graded". All those characters I listed have nearly shown feats capable of beating Hulk.

Now I can see where the idea of down graded can come from when people are rooting for characters like... Spider-man, when he's put against the Hulk, or even Wolverine or Colossus, etc.

People can argue all day long, but showings of feats definitely speak more volume.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.