Can Worldbreaker Hulk be stopped

#1 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides god like being like Galactus can anyone really defeat WorldBreaker Hulk

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

if by Worldbreaker Hulk, you mean WWHulk then yes. 
Sentry already smoked him. and Juggernaut put up a decent fight, coming th closest to a victory other than Sentry
#3 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: First off yes and he actually beat Sentry
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deuce said:
" @Caligula: First off yes and he actually beat Sentry "

No he didn't how do you see it as a win?
#5 Posted by celestialheroin (349 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a stalemate?? i gotta go back and look

#6 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Deuce said:
" @Caligula: First off yes and he actually beat Sentry "
No he didn't how do you see it as a win? "
well they both end up in their normal forms then minutes later HUlk is back to beating up on Miek for his betrayel. Sentry may have slowed Hulk down but he did not smoke him
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224293 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman Prime would beat World War Hulk...
#8 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of the Sentry/WWH battle, Banner was the only one left standing.......if it wasn't a stalemate, it was probably a win for Hulk.

Anyways, there are plenty of characters who could stop Hulk, whether it was the WWH version or the Worldbreaker at the very end of WWH. Not a ton in the MU could do it physically, but lots could BFR/matter and reality manipulation/magic him. There are a bunch of characters who could do it in other comic universes too.
#9 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Makkari does it

PHYSICALLY, 

just beats him to death before Hulk can even blink 

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry and Hulk stalemated. 

Also, Dr. Strange won that fight as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, but he did. He was taking Hulk down easily until he stopped when he saw the damage he was doing to civilians. That is when Hulk beat him. But Strange could have won that.

There actually are a lot of people that could probably beat WWH. Black Bolt included (remember: it wasn't the real Black Bolt that fought WWH)

#11 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know when two people fight and one man is left standing the guy standing is generally considered the winner, also consider the fact that at the end when Worldbreaker got really angry and had the gamma flowing from his body, his mere presense created earthquakes

#12 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

absolutely!

#13 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:
Hulk beat Sentry.  I also disagree about Strange and Blackbolt.  Strange wasn't really hurting Hulk, and Blackbolt would have had the same result if it had been him and not his Skrull doppleganger.  There are characters who can do it, but not that many. 
#14 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark X-Men #3
#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The real Black Bolt could tear him in half; Nate Grey would destroy him (and pretty much everything else in the Universe when at full power), Nova empowered by the full Corps, Thor would certainly be a contender. Heaps can beat the hell out of him, but when you think about what he could do to them. It's easier just to avoid the whole ordeal.

#16 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
" @JediXMan: Hulk beat Sentry.  I also disagree about Strange and Blackbolt.  Strange wasn't really hurting Hulk, and Blackbolt would have had the same result if it had been him and not his Skrull doppleganger.  There are characters who can do it, but not that many.  "
Dats wat I though too but then I went through lists of people and no one comes to mind besides maybe Silver Surfer but even thats a stretch
#17 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deuce:
Surfer definitely could.  Adam Warlock.  Thor maybe.  With Odinforce or Runeking version definitely could.  Nova.  X-man.  Most omega mutants for that matter.  There are a few others.  It isn't a huge list, but it's fairly big.
#18 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider apparently could have if he had chosen to, but he considered the Illuminati the guilty.

#19 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru: YEA but it just makes hulk more angry so hulk will make a big SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!111
#20 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" if by Worldbreaker Hulk, you mean WWHulk then yes. Sentry already smoked him. and Juggernaut put up a decent fight, coming th closest to a victory other than Sentry "
Go back an re-read WWH. Banner was the last man standing. Reynolds passed out and Banner re-Hulked a few seconds later.
#21 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think Thor could win maybe Nova, although I dont even know because Nova is not that much stronger than Sentry, Omega mutants cud win because technically their unstoppable. 
But you also have to think about the fact that the Hulk will get stronger if he needs too.

#22 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Doorman
#24 Edited by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Tony Stark can throw together some convoluted satellite-array that can magically and mysteriously revert WWHulk back to Banner... 

btw - i honestly think Nova would get STOMPED. And i loves me some Nova, trust me... but he just doesn't have it in him. Not even with the full Nova force inside him.

#25 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage said:
" Apparently Tony Stark can throw together some convoluted satellite-array that can magically and mysteriously revert WWHulk back to Banner...   btw - i honestly think Nova would get STOMPED. And i loves me some Nova, trust me... but he just doesn't have it in him. Not even with the full Nova force inside him. "
yeah I was scratching my head on that one when he threw nova in there.....

does anyone besides me think  WWH allowed himself to be stopped ...read that last issue again (last several pages)...I'm looking for unbiased  thoughts  on this.    Going back to the OP  Juggernaut might have been able to do it.
#26 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the fully powered Juggernaut vs. WWH would probably be a standstill. It's like an immovable object vs. and unstoppable one.You decide which is which :)

#27 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain atom ?

#28 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as Marvel and only considering those beings that are earth bound. Also considering that World-Breaker isn't WWHulk but an even more powerful Hulk (as shown by the fact he was breaking the crust of the earth from his energy alone) there are few that could match him. My list would be short.

Thor (wearing the belt of power and having the warrior's madness) 
The current Sentry with the Void in control  
And Maybe Xman

Off World would be 

Silver Surfer 
And maybe Quasar 

There maybe more but thjose come to mind off the top of my head 
#29 Edited by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Hiro-kala will be able to stop him, i think Skaar will fail (i hope he doesnt fail)
#30 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

" i think Hiro-kala will be able to stop him, i think Skaar will fail (i hope he doesnt fail) "

I think Hiro-Kala is pretty awesome. I think he's got to get control over his powers/emotions/motivations before he stands a chance at facing Hulk (Worldbreaker Hulk). Even then... i think Worldbreaker Hulk could take him out. Even as WWH he withstood the intensity of the core of Sakaar and the Spikes leaching his power. 

Not to mention (oops i did) the explosion that destroyed his kingdom. Worldbreaker himself began to destroy Earth with his rage alone... he hadn't even made a move yet.

As far as some of the earlier posts go, mentioning psychics and such - even Dr. Strange couldn't get into WWH's mind because the rage was too strong. He only got in after Hulk was sufficiently distracted, and even then it was a ploy - even in his psyche, Banner/Hulk took down Strange.

I think Sentry might be able to put up a good fight, again, but would probably do better now that he's suddenly discovering new powers. But in the end, if Hulk gets ahold of him for even a second, he'll kill him. Sentry will come back from death again and it'll just keep going on like that for eternity. 

Thor is a god, so i don't think he should count, according to the OP. "Besides god like being..."
#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage i still would think Hiro-Kala could take him out, if he can battle with Galactus, he has to be smart to create a plan like that and he has now poisoned Galactus. Sentry might be stronger then ever or have a better understanding of his powers but he is more unstable than ever. which i think will be his downfall
#32 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @mister garbage i still would think Hiro-Kala could take him out, if he can battle with Galactus, he has to be smart to create a plan like that and he has now poisoned Galactus. Sentry might be stronger then ever or have a better understanding of his powers but he is more unstable than ever. which i think will be his downfall "
Ya know... i hadn't even considered the whole taking-on-Galactus feat. You may be on to something there. He could probably come up with a way to poison the gamma  radiation within Hulk so that the next time he Hulk-ed out, he'd sicken himself or something.
#33 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole thing about poisoning Worldreaker wouldn't really work, Galactus eats planets that is his only function, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you "poison" a planet it would maybe affect him a bit (although I don't know how he actually did it). With worldbreaker there is now way he is going to like eat something and good luck trying to get a needle in, I understand it means he is smart but so is Reed Richards and he couldn't stop Worldbreaker so I thing Hiro-Kala wud get smashed, also I think Thor cud only stop Worldbreaker when he had the Odin Force I don't think the power belt would be enough

#34 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deuce said:
"I think the whole thing about poisoning Worldreaker wouldn't really work, Galactus eats planets that is his only function, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you "poison" a planet it would maybe affect him a bit (although I don't know how he actually did it). With worldbreaker there is now way he is going to like eat something and good luck trying to get a needle in, I understand it means he is smart but so is Reed Richards and he couldn't stop Worldbreaker so I thing Hiro-Kala wud get smashed, also I think Thor cud only stop Worldbreaker when he had the Odin Force I don't think the power belt would be enough "

he merged the power cosmis and the old power together, creating th poison. The difference between Hiro and Reed tho is that Hiro seems to know the background and cellular structure of himself and the gamma side of him. He uses the hulks force to create the poison rather than hulk out. So he is smart and knows everything there is to know about the gamma radiation powering the hulk. He wouldnt have to get him to eat anything either, he can change the gamma radiation inside banner to a point that it would act as an infection, when he gets angry the infection would flair up and get worse rather then turn him in to the hulk.  He can just put it in to the air and let hulk breath it in unknowingly while they fight (like they did when they covered him in gamma radiation particles while they fought the dark avengers). I will agree hiro doesnt have an absolute chance of winning but i do think that if anyone is going to beat WWH Hiro has one of the greatest chances.
#35 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @Deuce said:
"I think the whole thing about poisoning Worldreaker wouldn't really work, Galactus eats planets that is his only function, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you "poison" a planet it would maybe affect him a bit (although I don't know how he actually did it). With worldbreaker there is now way he is going to like eat something and good luck trying to get a needle in, I understand it means he is smart but so is Reed Richards and he couldn't stop Worldbreaker so I thing Hiro-Kala wud get smashed, also I think Thor cud only stop Worldbreaker when he had the Odin Force I don't think the power belt would be enough "
he merged the power cosmis and the old power together, creating th poison. The difference between Hiro and Reed tho is that Hiro seems to know the background and cellular structure of himself and the gamma side of him. He uses the hulks force to create the poison rather than hulk out. So he is smart and knows everything there is to know about the gamma radiation powering the hulk. He wouldnt have to get him to eat anything either, he can change the gamma radiation inside banner to a point that it would act as an infection, when he gets angry the infection would flair up and get worse rather then turn him in to the hulk.  He can just put it in to the air and let hulk breath it in unknowingly while they fight (like they did when they covered him in gamma radiation particles while they fought the dark avengers). I will agree hiro doesnt have an absolute chance of winning but i do think that if anyone is going to beat WWH Hiro has one of the greatest chances. "
I agree. Hiro Kala has the best CHANCE of beating Worldbreaker Hulk (aside from gods and Eternals and the like). Banner might be able to predict something like this could happen tho, and on all accounts, Banner is MUCH smarter/clever than Hiro, so if he could see something like that coming he could probably find a way to prevent it. But as it stands, Banner knows nothing of Hiro.
#36 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

devine sapwn for an easy win lol since technically not a god but same power lvl

#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage said:
I agree. Hiro Kala has the best CHANCE of beating Worldbreaker Hulk (aside from gods and Eternals and the like). Banner might be able to predict something like this could happen tho, and on all accounts, Banner is MUCH smarter/clever than Hiro, so if he could see something like that coming he could probably find a way to prevent it. But as it stands, Banner knows nothing of Hiro. "

thats true i believe Bruce is smarter than hiro, i dont think he can sense everything that is going on in his body like Hiro can. I also still question how smart WWH really is, he is smart enough to have normal language comprehension and social skills but is he Bruce Banner smart? 

SIDE NOTE: I never understood that, all the other hulks can talk just fine while in hulk form. Does this mean that Banner being in WWH form is his equivalent of everyone else being in their hulk form, he would really be that much stronger when they are all on the same mentality level?
#38 Posted by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @mister garbage said:
I agree. Hiro Kala has the best CHANCE of beating Worldbreaker Hulk (aside from gods and Eternals and the like). Banner might be able to predict something like this could happen tho, and on all accounts, Banner is MUCH smarter/clever than Hiro, so if he could see something like that coming he could probably find a way to prevent it. But as it stands, Banner knows nothing of Hiro. "
thats true i believe Bruce is smarter than hiro, i dont think he can sense everything that is going on in his body like Hiro can. I also still question how smart WWH really is, he is smart enough to have normal language comprehension and social skills but is he Bruce Banner smart?  SIDE NOTE: I never understood that, all the other hulks can talk just fine while in hulk form. Does this mean that Banner being in WWH form is his equivalent of everyone else being in their hulk form, he would really be that much stronger when they are all on the same mentality level? "
WWH is not like scientist smart, he is just really tactical and a good commander/general. Now that I know how Hiro opperates I wud conceded that he has a chance but I still think WWH wud come out on top. Too Strong, Too Clever and Too ANGRY
#39 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deuce said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
" @mister garbage said:
thats true i believe Bruce is smarter than hiro, i dont think he can sense everything that is going on in his body like Hiro can. I also still question how smart WWH really is, he is smart enough to have normal language comprehension and social skills but is he Bruce Banner smart?  SIDE NOTE: I never understood that, all the other hulks can talk just fine while in hulk form. Does this mean that Banner being in WWH form is his equivalent of everyone else being in their hulk form, he would really be that much stronger when they are all on the same mentality level? "
WWH is not like scientist smart, he is just really tactical and a good commander/general. Now that I know how Hiro opperates I wud conceded that he has a chance but I still think WWH wud come out on top. Too Strong, Too Clever and Too ANGRY "

Yea but about the whole he is to angry thing. Hirlo has actually figured out how that ability actually works, since he knows how it works and that it is actually all in his mind he nows how to use the ability to it full potential as well as counter act it. I think Hiro could come up with something to weaken the WWH enough to defeat him.
#40 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

would any body be mad if Banner was actually cured of his gamma radiation if Skaar and/or Red Hulk stuck around?
#41 Edited by Deuce (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I would, also I understand the Hiro argument I just dont think he can get it done

#42 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" devine sapwn for an easy win lol since technically not a god but same power lvl "
Wrong universe.

@Deuce said:
" I would, also I understand the Hiro argument I just dont think he can get it done "

I would too. There is only ONE Hulk, no matter how many variations of that theme they cram down our throats.

@Deuce said:
" I would, also I understand the Hiro argument I just dont think he can get it done "

He might understand how all of that works, but against the Worldbreaker he has precious little time to execute whatever plan he has in mind before he's crushed like a bug.@Deuce said:

@DEGRAAF said:
" @mister garbage said:

I kind of thought that Hulk and Banner had kind of balanced power, mentally in his WWH/Worldbreaker persona. Hence his ability to change at will and his ongoing rage as the Worldbreaker over Caeira's death and Miek's betrayal.
#43 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage:  so why you comment on my putting spawn in but not superman prime? hes not marvel either be consistant
#44 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Many could with power that effects more than physical levels 
But the question would be 
Who could using only strength?
#45 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage said:
I kind of thought that Hulk and Banner had kind of balanced power, mentally in his WWH/Worldbreaker persona. Hence his ability to change at will and his ongoing rage as the Worldbreaker over Caeira's death and Miek's betrayal. "

I remember at the beginning Banner decides to let his hulk persona take over in order to survive. I wouldnt say they had an even balance of power, rather more of an agreement to allow hulk to be in control. With banner not fighting the hulk inside, hulk was basically able to show what he would normally be like if banner just accepted his hulk persona as being a part of him. I believe that is why he was able to change back when he wanted bc they had an agreement. His on going rage was stated at being so great be not only was the Hulk persona mad but Banner was just as mad ad the hulk and was willing to let the hulk personality get vengance on their so called friends.
#46 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @mister garbage:  so why you comment on my putting spawn in but not superman prime? hes not marvel either be consistant "
No offense, man I generally ignore anyone who mentions Superman tho.
#47 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister garbage:  oh thats fair enouigh then didnt specify marvel universe so i asumed all was fair game
#48 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

what about kurse, only iron can hurt him and hulk doesn't use iron

#49 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimreaper1980 said:
"what about kurse, only iron can hurt him and hulk doesn't use iron "

interesting, i would like to see hulk try
#50 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. majestic could beat him (i know i say that all the time but it's true!)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.