Can the Hulk survive in these situations?

#1 Posted by Crissdragon (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that his regeneration is almost instant but

1)How about throwing him into a big tub of acid.

2)Throw him into a volcano

3)Throw him liquid steel

No matter how good his regeneration is,I don't think he can escape if his entire body is surrounded by a substance that can distroy continuously.

#2 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Answer to all three: PIS / WIS.

#3 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Don't think it would have this much effect on his thick skin. He would prolly regenerate faster than he dissolves, if he dissolves at all.

2)He survive supernova level heat with little damaga, also in planet hulk at some point he was swimming in lava to fix the tectonic plates.

3)He can break steel quite easily, I don't see how's that much of a challenge.

#4 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Answer to all three: PIS / WIS.

Sadly this, in one comic he withstands or heals from some crazy ridiculous event or injury, then in the next he gets hit in the head and is knocked out...Problem with so many writers I guess!

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

all these years of trying to kill Hulk and his enemies could have just used liquid steel? o.O Sounds plausible ....

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these situations would even scathe him would they??

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@cattlebattle said:
None of these situations would even scathe him would they??
@Kallarkz: well its not like liquid steels easy to get ahold of. Well it depends which version of the hulk it is. if its word war or world breaker then probably not. if its the hulk from the tv series or the movie then yes because he seem'd to be weaker than the comic version of the hulk.

lol and the high tech stuff they attack Hulk with is?

#8 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Kallarkz: if you're talking about movie version. they didnt use anything big really. the hulk mainly ran from the military people.

when did I mention the hulk movie? o.O

#9 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I think at present he is unkillable, especially since he no longer has to worry about Bruce Banner's fragileness. But who knows how Aaron could write him, he could definitely depower him a bit and lower his invulnerability a little bit, which I think would be good. But I think right now, since were only 1 issue into Aaron's run, we have to assume he's on the same level he's been recently, which would mean none of these 3 things would slow him down at all.

#10 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The acid would have to be impossibly strong. He would just swim to the bottom or side and push him self out. There is no acid that is strong enough to kill him quick enough. Apart from the stuff that was used by some aliens that could melt through collosuses armour and nearly killed him.

2. Depends how angry he is and how hot the lava is but in nearly every scenario he would survive.

3. Depends how hot it is but i think he could probably make it out unless it seeped down his throat and into his lungs and stuff then went hard cause then he wouldn't be able to heal because he would just die again.

A nearly full proof way way to kill him is to hit him into the sun. I know that if some one like Thor could just hit him upwards then then fly up as fast as he could he could ram into him and propel him into the sun. Because hulk cant fly and there is basically nothing in space for hulk to slow him self with a kid with a BB gun could shoot him while flying through space and hulk would never stop moving.

#11 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Liquid steel isn't hotter than lava... Lava is liquid ''earth'' and steel is an earth component. Hulk don't need to breathe under water or lava so he wouldn't breath it anyway. Movie versions of character are always much weaker than the comic version.

#12 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself: Even if liquid was 10 times hotter than lava (which isn't the case) it wouldn't burn hulk. Hulk is nearly immune to heat he got hit by a supernova of the human torch and was only bruised.

#13 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself: Well movies version aren't considered canon so I'm not sure why we're even refering to them. Especially since the site is named COMICvine. Well if you wanna talk movie hulk though and forget about comic one, all I can say is that we don't know.

#14 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself No that is completely not true. Hulk comic came way before a hulk tv show. The Hulk Tv show was in the 80's, where as the comic came in 1962.

#15 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk is almost the Green Superman. They still have a way to go yet. They came a long way from a guy who could leap only 3 miles and lift 15 tons.

#16 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@vidarrodinson said:
The Hulk is almost the Green Superman. They still have a way to go yet. They came a long way from a guy who could leap only 3 miles and lift 15 tons.
can't hulk die if you throw him in the sun?

Meh depends. He'd either die or get stuck there.

#17 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@vidarrodinson said:

I'd say he'd die. the sun is so HOT that it is the hottest thing mankind has ever came across.

Ya but we don't know the upper limit of hulk heat resistance. It's possible (though no probable) that no heat based energy could kill him. And the sun could just empower him to extreme instant through radiation absorbtion.

#18 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@vidarrodinson said:

I'd say he'd die. the sun is so HOT that it is the hottest thing mankind has ever came across.

Ya but we don't know the upper limit of hulk heat resistance. It's possible (though no probable) that no heat based energy could kill him. And the sun could just empower him to extreme instant through radiation absorbtion.

A guy I know in real life who is obsessed with the hulk and believe me this guy would know. he told me that he would die in the sun. it would be the only way to kill him,he was talking about world breaker hulk too. Hulks still flesh and muscle so yes anything with hot enough heat will eat him alive. superman could beat him. supermans heat vesion which is hotter than the sun would melt hulk like he never existed.

Well him liking Hulk and having an opinion on the subject doesn't make him right. You can't really prove I'm wrong by saying that superman has heat vision and could melt hulk. Supes vision isn't hotter than the sun anyway, if it was the moment he used it earth would have went supernova. And sentry power is said to be a million explosing suns, still didn't do shit to the hulk. Nor did the human torch supernova for all that matters.

#19 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@vidarrodinson said:

A guy I know in real life who is obsessed with the hulk and believe me this guy would know. he told me that he would die in the sun. it would be the only way to kill him,he was talking about world breaker hulk too. Hulks still flesh and muscle so yes anything with hot enough heat will eat him alive. superman could beat him. supermans heat vesion which is hotter than the sun would melt hulk like he never existed.

Well him liking Hulk and having an opinion on the subject doesn't make him right. You can't really prove I'm wrong by saying that superman has heat vision and could melt hulk. Supes vision isn't hotter than the sun anyway, if it was the moment he used it earth would have went supernova. And sentry power is said to be a million explosing suns, still didn't do shit to the hulk. Nor did the human torch supernova for all that matters.

Well i'd like to see scans of hulk survivng a sun hotter than earths sun. also if you remove hulks head he'd probably die. if i'm wrong i'd like to see scans of him regenerating from that.

Well sure, I'll just have to do some searching in my comics, I can tell you maestro regenerated from ashes and hulk (extremely old) regenerated from being eaten alive. I'll be searching for that one too.

#20 Edited by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

There ya go. Obviously comics don't follow logic XD, if you can show me any image of hulk dying cause of heat please do so until then debate logic would consider me to be right.

#21 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

He would survive all of them because....*sigh* he is the strongest one there is....

#22 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@The Stegman: What if his head was removed? i don;t ever recall having his head cut off so its unknown if he could regenerate that.

Well being turned to ashes... That's kinda like losing his head and everything else with it.

#23 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: which version fo the hulk is this again?

Maestro one.

#24 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: in my opinion its garbage. people time and time again have said world breaker died in the sun. if i've heard it from multiple other people i believe it. I need to introduce my friend to this site i think. :)

You mostly need a scan prooving your point.

#25 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: in my opinion its garbage. people time and time again have said world breaker died in the sun. if i've heard it from multiple other people i believe it. I need to introduce my friend to this site i think. :)

You mostly need a scan prooving your point.

thats true. you proved it. that version of hulk i dont know how he would die. probably 100% indestructable.

not 100% but quite resistant indeed

#26 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8116 posts) - - Show Bio

who the hell could even lift him an keep him in the acid or steel or the other thing lol

#27 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: well you did show pictures that proved otherwise on my opinion. i stil think supermans #1

Never said supes couldnt beat him he's way too OP, but he had some bruises.

#28 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: bruses. supes or hulk?

super is OP he has way too many power and they're way too strong. though if hulk had energy projection and some sort of flight he's be OP too, not that being able to do this:

isn't OP in a way.

#29 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: bruses. supes or hulk?

super is OP he has way too many power and they're way too strong. though if hulk had energy projection and some sort of flight he's be OP too, not that being able to do this:

isn't OP in a way.

I've seen that scan before. i swore that was world war or world breaker hulk. world breaker is now the most powerful version and yeah i'm gonna have to say only he could survive that.

He didnt just survive he was the one who destroyed the planet (when he entered in collision with red-she-hulk)

#30 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13: Not bad...Thumbs up for your answer.

#31 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@protect_yourself: hulk will survive, World war hulk, or  regular  hulk,  here are non  World war  hulk  survival pics 

the hulk surviving Johnny going super-nova 
 under a min regen 
non world war  hulk taking magical fire 
 a weaken hulk,non full power REGULAR hulk, by the portal that took him to planet hulk, in lava , the current hulk adapts  like doomsday, so its gonna be tough to harm him or kill him
#32 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@protect_yourself: well  red  hulk out smarted Thor,  he  lifted it in space  no gravity  so technically  he  never  lifted it but  used its  momentum to beat the hell outta thor. those scans  proove  hulks a beats, reg hulk not world war hulk.  World war hulk is far deadlier  and  people do not  give cred to him.  World war hulk is on the superman level, his rage  was constant, thus  his power unlimited people do not understand this about WWH
#33 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@theicon: i agree. if he was on earth he wouldnt have a chance. as you said no gravity in space. why not lift something easier with no graivty than gravity.

Well at that time red Hulk had the loeb force. And world breaker Hulk has kinda been current Hulk for a while now. Though with Aaron run we're still not sure of his power level.

#34 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@protect_yourself: correct, i think WWH could have  done it  even if  he  broke the  ground, and  it was still attached. his power was  limitless  ,WWH held back like superman
#35 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@protect_yourself: my scans show hes   very able  as  Regular hulk ,  so imagin the WWH's power
#36 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@theicon: i agree. if he was on earth he wouldnt have a chance. as you said no gravity in space. why not lift something easier with no graivty than gravity.

Well at that time red Hulk had the loeb force. And world breaker Hulk has kinda been current Hulk for a while now. Though with Aaron run we're still not sure of his power level.

see like the original hulk meaning regular hulk didnt seem as strong or anywhere close to as powerful as world war or world breaker.

Savage Hulk is but a little kitten in comparaison of WWH and savage is still the guy that so many writter have used to talk about character feat, especially in freaken Exiles.

#37 Edited by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@protect_yourself said:

see like the original hulk meaning regular hulk didnt seem as strong or anywhere close to as powerful as world war or world breaker.

Nop Hulk is one of those character that got stronger with age. He even has some powers writters could exploit if they wanted. Ever heard of Devil Hulk? He seems pretty nasty but he never took control of the body. Wonder how that would have been.

@protect_yourself said:

@theicon: I know. it was bad enough regular hulk was so powerful. why would these writers wanna keep over powering him?

Up his tier prolly.

#38 Posted by RisingBean (4018 posts) - - Show Bio

Even classic Hulk could survive the situations listed in the OP.

#39 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: if thats the case. him just getting stronger through out ages than why make different names for him?

You mean name his incarnations? Because they're different personalities.

#40 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@Super_Gui_1: thats whats im saying why make a more powerful hulk character when regular hulk is as powerful as it gets.

Because Hulk can be seen on many spectrum and like many character doesn't have to be limited to a definition of what his power should be. And Hulk power was always theorically unlimited anyway.

#41 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk recently survived a planet imploding in his fight with Red She-Hulk. So yes.

#42 Posted by whitecracka23 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13: @Blacklightning13 said:

1. The acid would have to be impossibly strong. He would just swim to the bottom or side and push him self out. There is no acid that is strong enough to kill him quick enough. Apart from the stuff that was used by some aliens that could melt through collosuses armour and nearly killed him.

2. Depends how angry he is and how hot the lava is but in nearly every scenario he would survive.

3. Depends how hot it is but i think he could probably make it out unless it seeped down his throat and into his lungs and stuff then went hard cause then he wouldn't be able to heal because he would just die again.

A nearly full proof way way to kill him is to hit him into the sun. I know that if some one like Thor could just hit him upwards then then fly up as fast as he could he could ram into him and propel him into the sun. Because hulk cant fly and there is basically nothing in space for hulk to slow him self with a kid with a BB gun could shoot him while flying through space and hulk would never stop moving.

I believe that throwing hulk into the sun would only make him stronger due to the fact that the sun emits a whole lot of radiation.

#43 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk can

survive Fire, and a volcano, if he was stuck in a volcano, his body would change so he could breathe in there, like when he could, under water. His body was put in steel, and the radition warpped it around him, he did pull it off to. the hulk can not die, his skin was burnt off, and he was still able to use his regeneration, he was naked, but alive. they couldn't kill him, so they canceled his comic, and they shot him in space, but not dead

#44 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk has already survived all three. And recently, he walked through lava like it was water.

#45 Posted by whitecracka23 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blacklightning13 said:

Actually, the radiation from the sun would only enhance all of the Hulk's powers.

#46 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitecracka23: How does solar radiation enhance hulk's powers? Nucleur and Gamma does but solar doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.