Can Hulk jump high enough to reach space?

#1 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

If his legs are strong enough to hold up a mountain the he should be able to leap the Ocean or even jump into low orbit at the very least.

#2 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say no

#3 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik: Yes, he has several times in fact.

#4 Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk did it, hulk is stronger....so....yes

#5 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

yes....

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he has enough strength to do so.

#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- If Greg Pak is writing the story he could jump through time as well as space

#8 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha Well maybe if he was angry enough lol

#9 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

LoL true.

Yes he should

#10 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

He can and has done so.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure he can because...*sigh* Hulk is strongest there is...blah blah blah

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Not a fan of Hulk I see.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget:  

@The Stegman said:

Not a fan of Hulk I see.

I like him as a character, I just hate how much PIS  he can generate depending on what is needed of him in a story
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Lol.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Fair enough.

#16 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: What does PIS stand for exactly?

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27283 posts) - - Show Bio
@infonation said:

@The Stegman: What does PIS stand for exactly?

Plot Induced Stupidity, it's when a comic book writer does something that annoys a read so they don't accept it 
#18 Edited by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio
@infonation: Plot Induced Stupidity, it's when a character does something that normally he wouldn't or more importantly, SHOULDN'T be able to do in order to satisfy a story plot
#19 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:Oh! Sort of like how Roy Harper could magically fight like a martial arts GENIUS whenever he took drugs and somehow trick the Justice League into letting him go on a rampage where he killed someone AFTER attacking Green Arrow AND burning down his house then possibly killing a pimp with a gritty scowl on his face?

#20 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

There are lots and it happens in almost every comic. Captain America dodging bullets at point blank range is pis. Wolverine being able to fight toe to toe with Hulk is pis.

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

HA!

#22 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik: well..Cap dodging bullets isn't pis, he has every sense enhanced to perfection, his reflexes are so acute he can dodge them, also Wolverine fighting hulk...I can see it happening, his healing factor allows him to take a ton of damage, however him BEATING Hulk would be fishy
#23 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Dodging some is fine but If he were to dodge ten guys with mechine guns at point blank range then yeah that's a little bit if pis.. Let's say Batman then. Batman is Olympic class 'normally' and there is no sprinter in this world that can out run bullets.

#24 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a very old comic of the Hulk having a leaping distance of three miles. In other words he sort of bunny hopped away. Now the Red Hulk dumps Thor and leaps to earth from the moon. Thats 90,000 miles plus. Gravity or no gravity. That is PIS Over-dose or what.

#25 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@vidarrodinson said:

I had a very old comic of the Hulk having a leaping distance of three miles. In other words he sort of bunny hopped away. Now the Red Hulk dumps Thor and leaps to earth from the moon. Thats 90,000 miles plus. Gravity or no gravity. That is PIS Over-dose or what.

No that's the loeb force.

#26 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik said:

There are lots and it happens in almost every comic. Captain America dodging bullets at point blank range is pis. Wolverine being able to fight toe to toe with Hulk is pis.

Big time PIS.

@Enosisik said:

If his legs are strong enough to hold up a mountain the he should be able to leap the Ocean or even jump into low orbit at the very least.

Yes, Hulk can jump into space. He once jumped so high he almost achieved stable orbit.

#27 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Hulk basically Jump back to Earth after planet Hulk and the start of WW Hulk? To me if you can jump into space then you can basically fly. I don't have a problem with them jumping that high but the landing .

#28 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@vidarrodinson said:

No that's the loeb force.

QFT

#30 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk will have to jump upwards without stopping and reaching beyond 25,000 miles per hour in the process. If he can do that then yes. If not. then no.

#31 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Any math wiz out there want to crunch the numbers and figure out how much force it would take for a standard 8'foot tall 2500lbs, Hulk to do this?

#32 Edited by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enosisik: Had done in already in some other thread. But imma keep it simple this time, just gonna use what @Supreme Marvel: said. So basicly he needs about 11'500 m/s of initial acceleration. 2500 lbs = 1135 Kg. 11'500 * 1135 * 9,8 (value for earth gravity) = 130'000'000 Newton of force required, the real value would be higher since @Supreme Marvel: value doesn't take air friction in addition. Anyway he requires a ludricrious ammount of strength to do that sort of jump, saying his legs are 3 times as strong as his arms it would be like benching 4'400 tons (not sure if the conversion is good).

But ya no need to be math wizz just need your physics.

#33 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

I can do it!

* jumps up off the ground and reaches upward *

#34 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, up in the sky!

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No. It's Catpanexe!!

#35 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool super g.. Very interesting. Yeah I understand the formula and all but just didn't know the exact numbers.

#36 Posted by Silavite (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Incase of PIS, apply directly to the forehead.

#37 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Remind me never to ask the Hulks over to play hopscotch.

#38 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:RIMSHOT!

#39 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation:

?

Or

Pow! Right in the kisser! lol

#40 Posted by Fifthchild (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Hulk did this once:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.