Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Can Hulk be defeated by the power of love?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I see Hulk dominating in the battle threads in contests of raw strength but I don't think I ever see any mention of his vulnerability to love. You can call it plot induced stupidity if you want but the Hulk has consistently been beaten by this power within the continuity I'm familiar with. Most of the time I've seen his rampages stop dead in their tracks involve Betty Ross intervening or at least imagery of her. The most recent example being Hulk vs Dracula during Fear Itself. Can't it be said that the Hulk would lose to love in any given context of a fight? If we stop throwing him into bloodlusted deathmatches we'd realize that he's as much a big softy on the inside as he is a gamma powered monster on the outside.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

If we're factoring reality then virtually nothing can be defeated by the power of love.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

But he fights betty now so its not the same anymore

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.