Bruce Banner is always potrayed as a slim, weak and shy nerd with horn-rimmed glasses (Clark Kent personality). This personality matches the Banner/Hulk conflict. But there is something that bothers me: the stereotype. You know what I mean: a skinny nerd with horn-rimmed glasses in a white coat, always shy, nervous, insecure and on the other hand, the misunderstood genius. In the 50s and 60s this was a common image of a scientist. But in the 21st century? I imagine the following:
- Banner´s mental constitution remains: Shyness, but not overdone, introversion and, of course, his childhoodtrauma.
- His physique should be normal, neither slim nor fat (let's say: similar to Mark Ruffalo, in terms of his physique); give him chest hair.
- Normal glasses or no glasses at all.
- No universal genius. It would be much more realistic if his knowledge would be limited to certain things. The smartest person in the world is a fairy tale.
- If I may mention it: Betty should be red-haired with a few freckles and slightly stocky, (I mean, curves, but no model dimensions, a woman who can tackle, wide hips e.g.). That would be something else.
What about you? Do you like Banner the way he is or do you think he should change a bit?