Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Blood transfusion

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Ok, simple question here... 

I'm not massively familiar with the Hulk storylines or his history really... i do know that he turned Jennifer Walters into the She-Hulk through a blood transfusion... 

So this is my question... was it the act of the blood transfusion that caused the She-Hulk to manage to retain her intelligence / personality when she changes form... or is it just random... say if Jennifer had been exposed to the same Gamma radiation that changed Bruce into the Hulk, would she be as mindless as he is when she changes and have no control over the change? 

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jennifer wasn't directly exposed to the Gamma Radiation.It got to her through Hulk's blood.So that's why it effects her less than him.She's weaker and maintain's her intellect and personality.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Methos said:
     say if Jennifer had been exposed to the same Gamma radiation that changed Bruce into the Hulk, would she be as mindless as he is when she changes and have no control over the change?  M "
    Yes.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

right thanks :D 

So it's the blood transfusion that changed how the radiation effected her :D 

So if a male had the same blood transfusion from Jennifer, he'd be weaker than Hulk and She-Hulk but still regain his intelligence? 

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Methos said:

" right thanks :D  So it's the blood transfusion that changed how the radiation effected her :D  So if a male had the same blood transfusion from Jennifer, he'd be weaker than Hulk and She-Hulk but still regain his intelligence?  M "

I think that Hulk's lack of intellect is based on what turns him into the Huik.Only the Hulk's that turn into the Hulk by way of anger lose intellect.When She-Hulk is berserk she's just as dumb as Hulk.Lyra,Red She-Hulk,and Red Hulk don't have that problem.Anger is their weakness I believe.It makes them overheat.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

right...  

that makes a bit of sense... 

M

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By XDespairX

I always thought it was because contrary to Banner Jen was okay with being a Hulk. More than that, she loved it. Because she was able to concile her other self with her primary ego she was able to keep her intellect but because of the lesser degree of radiation she had in her she wasn't as powerful.

That was also stated as the reason why WW-Hulk was so strong. For once Banner and the Hulk were one in their quest for vengeance. Accordingly Mr. Fixit was weaker because Banner and Hulk existed as two completely seperated entities.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

didn't know that one Despair... thanks for the info :D 

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Despair said:
    " I always thought it was because contrary to Banner Jen was okay with being a Hulk. More than that, she loved it. Because she was able to concile her other self with her primary ego she was able to keep her intellect but because of the lesser degree of radiation she had in her she wasn't as powerful.  That was also stated as the reason why WW-Hulk was so strong. For once Banner and the Hulk were one in their quest for vengeance. Accordingly Mr. Fixit was weaker because Banner and Hulk existed as two completely seperated entities. "
    Right,Forgot about that.Good show,despair.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

so if someone else got a blood transfusion from Jennifer... their 'hulkness' would be a percentage weaker than Jennifers.... 

Or if they accepted their Hulk side, they could be equal to her, but still nowhere near normal Hulk levels? 

M

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Methos:
    I think a transfusion  from Jen would put you at Luke Cage level in terms of strength. But as for She Hulk's strength she's a 100 ton'r and gets slightly stronger the madder she gets but it's no were near on Hulk's level.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

really? I always thought (and according to current writings) her personality and memories dont change because she accepts that part of herself. Just as it has worked with everyone else. Also now that Banner accepts that part of him he has become much stronger and his personality and memories dont change either
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I always thought it was because Jen was in better shape mentally than bruce is. 

since the savage hulk is bruce's inner child it kindof makes sense that hes not as intelligent as she-hulk who is still jennifer without her usual inhibitions
    VenomX10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VenomX10

Since Jen got a blood transfusion, her transformation is a bit unstable. In one episode of the animated series, she actualy loses some of her abilities and reverts back to normal Jen, not She-Hulk, she only got a small dose of gamma radiation, but just enough to change her
    ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ms__omega

I think it depends on the persons genetic make up for instance Abomination he was exposed to gamma radiation just like Bruce but his mutation is different he cant revert back to human form.  The Fantastic 4 they were exposed to the exact same type of radiation but got drastically different abilities, Also the Bang Babies from the Static comic most of the people that were exposed to the Q-Juice mutagen either died or were mutated into monsters only about 1% survived the exposure and gained superpowers. So i believe that it depends on various genetic variants how and what a person mutates into.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jotham

Supposedly, how a person is mentally affects how gamma affects them. So for Doc Samson, he's very mentally stable, so it just turns his hair green.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.