Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Batman vs Hulk?..Seriously?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By THORSON
    Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
    oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman would lose the fight because Hulk is way too durable and strong. But even though Batman is not that powerful, he is still cool in his own way.

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Jigme

Im sorry,i meant to say in my opinion.batman has great monthly series,stories like dark knight returns are genre defining classics.scott snyders court of owls,hell,even grant morrisions jla run for showing him outright embarrassing martians(who just took down the entire justice league).i understand you liking hulk,theres great mileage from the jekell/hyde dynamic or the hunted monster angle.even the monthly series,indestructible hulk kicks copious amounts of ass but saying you hate batman is just not fair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Jigme said:

Im sorry,i meant to say in my opinion.batman has great monthly series,stories like dark knight returns are genre defining classics.scott snyders court of owls,hell,even grant morrisions jla run for showing him outright embarrassing martians(who just took down the entire justice league).i understand you liking hulk,theres great mileage from the jekell/hyde dynamic or the hunted monster angle.even the monthly series,indestructible hulk kicks copious amounts of ass but saying you hate batman is just not fair.

I assume you're talking to me as I was the only one to reply to you. First of all, I never said that I hate Batman, in fact I said that he's a great character but also overrated. My problem is that anyone can have genre defining stories if given the right writers. Plus, Hulk has had some truly amazing stories on par with a lot of Batman's - Peter David's stuff is awesome.

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Jigme

Then how is he "overrated"?is it entirely implausible that batman would win agains the hulk?keep in mind,batmans whole shabang is being good at taking down superhumans without having powers himself.hes held his own against superman,though you may say he was holding back,but in supermans terms,holding back means "using heatvision and trying to break your bones less competently than i normally do".he has an entire arsenal of robots he has re-engineered from jla villians.he has technological prowess which rival the top minds from marvel and an even sharper eye for details.worlds greatest detective an'all.hes kept logs on all superhumans to figure out a way to defeat them,shoud the need arise.if hulk lived in dc,is it entirely unlikely that batman doesnt have a way to atleast contain the hulk?youre talking about the guy who thought that he might have to make a back-up personality for the trauma too tough to handle.AND,he was right.hes got the batcomputer for fucks-sake.it can process all evantualities of a simulation.dont you think that "hey,maybe hes got a chance".and im not a fanboy.im just speaking from what ive learned about batman in the few short years ive been reading comics.that guys definitely pepared for a condom shortage,ill tell you that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jigme said:

Then how is he "overrated"?is it entirely implausible that batman would win agains the hulk?keep in mind,batmans whole shabang is being good at taking down superhumans without having powers himself.hes held his own against superman,though you may say he was holding back,but in supermans terms,holding back means "using heatvision and trying to break your bones less competently than i normally do".he has an entire arsenal of robots he has re-engineered from jla villians.he has technological prowess which rival the top minds from marvel and an even sharper eye for details.worlds greatest detective an'all.hes kept logs on all superhumans to figure out a way to defeat them,shoud the need arise.if hulk lived in dc,is it entirely unlikely that batman doesnt have a way to atleast contain the hulk?youre talking about the guy who thought that he might have to make a back-up personality for the trauma too tough to handle.AND,he was right.hes got the batcomputer for fucks-sake.it can process all evantualities of a simulation.dont you think that "hey,maybe hes got a chance".and im not a fanboy.im just speaking from what ive learned about batman in the few short years ive been reading comics.that guys definitely pepared for a condom shortage,ill tell you that.

He's overrated IMO because the fanboys take things completely over the top (just to reiterate, I'm not saying that reflects on his character). He has held his own against Superman because Superman has a famous weakness Batman exploited. Hulk's only real weakness as such is a lack of fighting ability (though he has some) which only really matters when fighting those of a similar strength. I have seen nothing to suggest that Batman could defeat Hulk - though admittedly I may have missed something, do you have any feats that prove me wrong?

prime085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By prime085

Hulk smash!!

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Jigme

Batmans never fought hulk(except in that crossover but he wasnt portrayed to his fullest so batman won) or any hulk-esque villians(disregarding grundy as hes pretty weak) but look at his history.he met superman,red kryptonite.he met kyle rayner,he blinded him so he couldnt build constructs as he is a visual artist.in every encounter hes made of a possible threat,he made preparations.he doesnt even need obvious weaknesses,he beat wonder woman by exploiting her warrior spirit.my point is,batman has an innate cunning and tactical knowledge to exploit both physical or psycological weaknesses.im saying if batman has time for research,he could easily come up with some sort of hologram of betty ross or maybe rick jones.some sort of mind-altering device.batmans no fool,he wont try and punch hulk out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jigme said:

Batmans never fought hulk(except in that crossover but he wasnt portrayed to his fullest so batman won) or any hulk-esque villians(disregarding grundy as hes pretty weak) but look at his history.he met superman,red kryptonite.he met kyle rayner,he blinded him so he couldnt build constructs as he is a visual artist.in every encounter hes made of a possible threat,he made preparations.he doesnt even need obvious weaknesses,he beat wonder woman by exploiting her warrior spirit.my point is,batman has an innate cunning and tactical knowledge to exploit both physical or psycological weaknesses.im saying if batman has time for research,he could easily come up with some sort of hologram of betty ross or maybe rick jones.some sort of mind-altering device.batmans no fool,he wont try and punch hulk out.

Mind altering device is unlikely to work - many telepaths have failed to control Hulk due to his massive amount of personalities and his blind rage. Admittedly he could exploit Hulk's friendships but I don't see how Batman could defeat Hulk with this.

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Jigme

Hulk banners out and then,boom.surprise tranquillizers.i dont know how fast hulk transforms but you cant say hulk cant get knocked out with enough gas/tranqs.thats how he beat him in the batman/hulk crossover(though admittedly,hulk was written poorly).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jigme: why would Hulk Banner out because of a hologram of his friends? That doesn't make any sense. Also, the crossover fight was ridiculous and was not canon, fans voted for who they wanted to win and Batman would have broken his foot if he hadn't won the vote.

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Jigme

He calms down or runs away.so,you agree he can be knocked out with enough tranqs?

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Bogey

Hulk see's Batman and laughs off his anger, he transforms back to Bruce Banner and gets knocked out by <insert Batman item.>

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By boostergold321

You can do whatever you want to Hulk as long as don't do it too forcefully. If you put a lethal amount of drugs in his system while he's Banner, then He's going to Hulk out. Same goes for Hulk. Even unconscious, nothing can stop stop him. He's biologically indestructible. Indestructible DNA so everything else is always renewable, all the diverse organic tissue that is generated by the DNA.

Hulk has been taken down with tranquilizers before but since he's so powerful, it far less likely to be lethal to him. Gassing Hulk takes gas powerful enough and in great enough quantity. Hulk's power comes with stress so if the gas isn't putting great pressure on him but simply making it easier for him to go to sleep, then it may work.

Tranquilizing, if done right, could work but Hulk has metabolism is very great. It would take lots of really strong gas and some luck. Even so, putting the Hulk to sleep is not really stopping or destroying him. But then why try to destroy hulk since it's evident that nothing can? The goal is always to stop him in a way that doesn't make things worse.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#166  Edited By jhazzroucher

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jigme said:

He calms down or runs away.so,you agree he can be knocked out with enough tranqs?

No.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By boostergold321

bump

sambuscus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sambuscus

Well, if it helps clear things up batman actually subdues The Hulk in a special-edition comic. (subdues not defeats)

Parts of it are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBC56oZcsMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sambuscus said:

Well, if it helps clear things up batman actually subdues The Hulk in a special-edition comic. (subdues not defeats)

Parts of it are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBC56oZcsMA

Which was non-canon PIS.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By THORSON

@Kallarkz said:

Are you sure you hate Batman?

Have you given his books a try?

Years ago I would have told you he is the most boring overrated character in existence. Today however I can't get enough of his books.

stop trying to persuade people to like that character.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By THORSON

batman should never be allowed to beat the hulk

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#173  Edited By Oscuro

There are so many things wrong with this. I don't give a damn if Batman has prep. How long would it take and how much would it cost to build any type of device that could take down the Hulk? Probably a long a$$ time and a ton of money. Long enough that the Hulk would be long gone probably. The scan from that old crossover is just plain stupid. I'm sure Batman can kick the hell outta somebody, but all or most of his martial arts training (which is bull because nobody could master every martial art in a normal human lifetime) is designed for combating powerless human beings. So his kick would do absolutely nothing to harm the Hulk. If he got caught in a bearhug by the Hulk his damn spine would've shattered. That cloth batsuit would provide zero protection and his extremely well developed physique is not durable enough to withstand the type of punishment he would receive. Batman is smart as hell so maybe he could make some chemical compound to calm hulk down, which he'd better because one direct hit and he's history.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Bat-Man is the epitome of PIS. The fact he hasn't been blown to bat-bits is due to the protection of the writer at the behest of the DC editorial powers. It's become some ridiculous religious mantra with DC that Bat-Man may lose a battle but will all way's win the war. Nonsense! Let's run through a few different scenarios shall we ? In this scenario we will use the Ultimate Universe's grey cannibalistic rage fueled monstrosity. Bat-Man arrives on the seen just in time to see the Hulk pick his teeth with Wonder Woman's tiara after having already eaten poor Billy Batson, who as Captain Marvel was beat so badly he said the magic word which transformed him just to escape the beating he was receiving to end his suffering. Martian Manhunter was first to the seen and also the first victim. Realizing that it was impossibly pointless trying to subdue the Hulk through physical mean's and his his power to phase was absolutely useless against the Hulk , flew into earths atmosphere for one last desperate attempt to stop the murderous behemoth. Flying back down in super speed only to be greeted head first by the Hulk's fist. Green Martian goo was dispersed over the entire eastern seaboard. The Flash was next to go. He entered the battle running circles around Marvel's mighty cannibal with a heart of gold. The Hulk simply raised his powerful arm, and Flash running at light speed was likewise dispersed in a fine red mist. Aqua-Man escaped the Hulk's wrath. He knew his ability to control fish was as useless as Matter Eater Lad was to comics in this battle, he did what any other one handed monarch with a cloned wolverine personalty would do, and got the hell out of there on the back of his fastest sea horse. You remember those cute sea horses from the Super Friend's cartoon right? Green Lantern showed up and tried to defeat the Hulk with a giant boxing glove. But by this time the Hulk's rage was at an all time high due to the overwhelming level of lameness his gamma fueled cornea's were forced to witness , easily broke through GL's will powered boxing glove. The HULK realizing that glove came from the ring bit of GL's hand with one bite. Super-Man arrives only to see the ghastly remains of the PIS factory that was once the JLA. The Hulk somehow knowing in the same manner bat fan's think Bat-Man can defeat Galactus in a random encounter, tosses "puny red panties man" into the closes red sun. On the internet that's like everyone's go to move. so why not ? The Bat-Man doing what he does best. Deducing the situation. Explodes out of the shadow's like a " bat out of hell"! No movement wasted by the Bat-Man. He carefully weighs his options. Zip line launcher, negative. Blade dodge take down, nope. Heat signature conceal,negative. Christian Bale's voice, huh uh. Reverse batarang, oooh yeaa baby. Then surprised his reverse batarang had no effect, tries to zip line to the high ground only find the Hulk runs and moves in excess of three hundred miles an hour so he's basically three times faster, and is waiting for him at the top. Bat-Man find's out he's powerless to stop the grey gargantuan from eating him alive.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure with the Bannertech even Bruce could effortlessly Beat batman

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY IS THIS EVEN BEING DISCUSSED?!?! Bane BROKE batmans back!! Lol, wow. This is just a whole other level of fanboy stupidity.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: The great Peter David once said and I quote, I don't give a rat's a$$ about Bat-Man character wise. He then went on to say Captain America would slice off his utility belt in less than two seconds. There is NO way to prepare for any version of the Hulk, much less a random encounter. Fixit has all the intelligence of Banner, the professor has all the intelligence of Banner. The savage Hulk is the inspiration( whether DC fanboys admit it or not) for Doomsday, and Batman has been proven useless when it comes to him. What I'm getting at is, Wayne will not out think Banner on the greatest day of his life . Bat-Man can't even deal with his lame a$$ villins definitively , much less any incarnation of the Hulk. I mean it's the freaking Hulk for the love of God. He should concentrate on purse snatchers and short fat guy's built like penguins. He can't even defeat a guy whose only power is to look like a joker playing card. This should not even be a debate. In another thread people were saying Bat-Man could defeat Wolverine(WOLVERINE!!!!!) I guess the second encounter he would be better prepared to deal with Wolvie. Wolverine isn't going to give his lame pedophile a$$ another shot, he's going to eviscerate, mutilate, decapitate the first time around. Only the Fanboys of the universe that has a character named Aqua-Man(giggle) believe the hype surrounding lil Brucie. DC as a whole is a joke with far to many homo-sexual undertones for my taste.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: Good for you ! That should have ended this debate

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins 10/10 in an absolute stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad9d72d64170
    deactivated-5ad9d72d64170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like Elephant vs. House Dust Mite :-)

Agiyosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Agiyosi

I love both characters immensely, but this only ends with Batman as leftover soup. MAYBE Bats escapes; retreat in this case would be a fortuitous victory for him.

sancarlos602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They Just Mad Because Batman Beat Hulk LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO XD

NathanGrimaud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this being taken seriously? Hulk would CRUSH batman, no questions even asked, hulk would break a sweat.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would NOT beat Hulk is any kind of close-range or hand-to-hand combat of course.

Batman's only chance of beating Hulk (immobilizing him at most) would be to stay far away and use another method to subdue him for a while.

Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selinaky said:

Batman would NOT beat Hulk is any kind of close-range or hand-to-hand combat of course.

Batman's only chance of beating Hulk (immobilizing him at most) would be to stay far away and use another method to subdue him for a while.

So you don't think a reverse batarang would do the job? What if he had prep, do you think it would work out better than the Leaders plans? Because Batman is obviously smarter than the Leader.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If Batman came up with an anti-gamma gun, then yes he could get the job done, but Bruce Wayne is no more intelligent or resourced than Tony Stark who has a flipping titanium alloy suit and he got one shotted in the world war hulk comic when in his best hulk buster suit. 9 times out of 10, how can a guy in a bat suit with no super powers possibly avoid being splatted by a monster who has no weaknesses. Kryptonite don't work with this baby. I also agree with those that say that all this "Batman is the greatest and can beat anyone" stuff that batman fans come up with is hugely wearing! I like Batman but he has his limitations...

omnicerix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as though Darwin, whose powers are meant to make him near invincible, could not even drain Hulk's gamma rays, how could Batman come up with something that can do the job? Batman fanboys are ridiculous.

Lognart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first i thought - Batman has no weapon or resource that could harm Hulk, the only thing he could do is not fight - But then i thought - Is knocking Hulk out the only way you could beat him? - Sun Tzu wrote that the best victory is when you win without fighting.

Well, i read lots and lots of replys, and as i can see, no one until now thought about one thing.

Batman knows how to beat the entire Justice League, judging from his strategies, some of them could be effective against even The Hulk.

Some i can think:

- Make Hulk fight holograms: Holograms cant be beaten cause they arent real, Hulk's IQ is too low for him realize that he is fighting an illusion. It would force him into an infinite fight.

- Send Hulk into space: Hulk can destroy any form of prison or trap, except if this trap isnt there. He would be trapped in space until something bring him back.

- Make Hulk blind: I'm not sure how to do this, but despite all his power, he still see with his eyes, a very strong light or a limitless darkness could make him a little easier to deal.

- Sinking sand: Brute force can't get him out of sinking sand, if he never reaches the bottom, he willl never have enough impulse to jump out of sinking sand. Now its easier to think a way to do not let Hulk gets in the end of sinking sand than think a way to beat him.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lognart said:

At first i thought - Batman has no weapon or resource that could harm Hulk, the only thing he could do is not fight - But then i thought - Is knocking Hulk out the only way you could beat him? - Sun Tzu wrote that the best victory is when you win without fighting.

Well, i read lots and lots of replys, and as i can see, no one until now thought about one thing.

Batman knows how to beat the entire Justice League, judging from his strategies, some of them could be effective against even The Hulk.

Some i can think:

- Make Hulk fight holograms: Holograms cant be beaten cause they arent real, Hulk's IQ is too low for him realize that he is fighting an illusion. It would force him into an infinite fight.

- Send Hulk into space: Hulk can destroy any form of prison or trap, except if this trap isnt there. He would be trapped in space until something bring him back.

- Make Hulk blind: I'm not sure how to do this, but despite all his power, he still see with his eyes, a very strong light or a limitless darkness could make him a little easier to deal.

- Sinking sand: Brute force can't get him out of sinking sand, if he never reaches the bottom, he willl never have enough impulse to jump out of sinking sand. Now its easier to think a way to do not let Hulk gets in the end of sinking sand than think a way to beat him.

Or Hulk could just run up to him and smash him, much easier and more probable than any of this. Batman doesn't know how to beat the entire Justice League he thinks he knows some strategies that might work but some of them have flat out failed that's why in canon Batman has never beaten Superman even when he wore a suit made of Kryptonite. At least the writers don't overrate him as much as his fans do.

Lognart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Lognart

@raynorj:

You are right, that would happen for sure if batman faced hulk face to face, but im talking about traps, not face Hulk, this would be stupid.

My question here is: Is it possible to defeat Hulk? If we can make a strategy to stop him, what would be?

@edited.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
    teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Batman vs Predator. He got schooled really badly then developed a new suit to even the odds. So even as a Hulk fan I would say in a random encounter Batman is toast, if he can escape and has a little time for prep he will win like he always does. Batman's tech is basically magic ; they will just write what is necessary for him to win. He is the master of PIS.

Lognart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddy_the_god_killer: Yeah, he may have a lot of PIS, but i dont like to be unrealistic about characters. Batman is very fragile compared to other heroes, he is not, even nearly, invincible.

Hulk may be one of the most powerfull characters in fiction. But i dont think Hulk is invincible either.

teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lognart: I am in total agreement. I constantly harp on about pushing character's abilities too far. We see Batman getting owned by Bane...Hulk would hurt Bane, a lot. Batman is a normal human. He would lose very badly without a lot of prep. I still want to see Hulk get battered unquestionably, that would make me a very happy Hulk fan.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Batman vs Predator. He got schooled really badly then developed a new suit to even the odds. So even as a Hulk fan I would say in a random encounter Batman is toast, if he can escape and has a little time for prep he will win like he always does. Batman's tech is basically magic ; they will just write what is necessary for him to win. He is the master of PIS.

You mean like the time they wrote him a suit made of Kryptonite to fight Superman and he still lost? But i get it once you fight Batman and he escapes you are dead meat after that. It wouldn't matter if you are Galactus, because Batman will come up with a solution since he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like ComicBook 101.

Its like on the Geek commandments.

Batman always wins why?

say it with me everyone,

as Bruce would say,

"Because, I'm Batman."

It doesn't have to make sense Batmans prep is Godly enough to always win.

-m3th.O.D.-

teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@teddy_the_god_killer said:

You mean like the time they wrote him a suit made of Kryptonite to fight Superman and he still lost? But i get it once you fight Batman and he escapes you are dead meat after that. It wouldn't matter if you are Galactus, because Batman will come up with a solution since he is THE GODDAMN BATMAN.

But that is his limit...how could ANYONE beat Superman. It's like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters...it could wipe out all existence.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@teddy_the_god_killer said:

But that is his limit...how could ANYONE beat Superman. It's like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters...it could wipe out all existence.

So in the comics no one ever beat Superman? LOL. He has been beaten even without the use of Kryptonie the problem for Batman when fighting guys like Superman or Hulk is that he can't calculate and measure what is basically immeasurable. And btw they did cross the streams in Ghostbusters and it didn't wipe out all existence.

teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: That is why Batman is the god of PIS. He has been to the Source...no mean feat when you look at the other characters that have achieved the same. Batman escapes...finds an amazing new way to negate the Hulk's power (perhaps an previoulsy unmentioned peanut allergy). He then tricks the Hulk with peanut and jam sandwich...job done. Or perhaps a shellfish allergy, that way he can get a crossover with Aquaman (about time they found a use for him) and they can hurl oysters at the nig green guy. Batman always has a way, like Superman always has a power. Did you see the thread today listing Superman's powers? Over 25 qualified powers!!! The Swiss Army Knife of superheroes.

And crossing the streams was supposed to be too dangerous to do and the odds were not in their favour. If Superman or Batman could be beaten it could wipe out all exi....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.