Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Batman vs Hulk?..Seriously?

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I've argued with numerous amounts of friends and people over the internet and I can't believe this match up is even being taken seriously. I may be bias against Bat-Man,as I hate his character, but come on! Hulk is TheHulk!

The Hulk goes against armies and characters that are far more powerful than Bat-Man fairly regularly! The Hulk's strength is potentially limitless, his skin is extremely durable, and his healing factor rivals that of Wolverine. Sure, Bat-Man has some nifty gadgets, but the batarang isn't going to even phase Hulk! A few diehard Bat fans have said things like "Oh,well..Bat-Man could probably force feed Hulk some medicine that'd make him calm down or something." I'll agree that the only way Bat-Man would win is if by some miracle Hulk calmed down. Which isn't a walk in the park. The force feed him medicine theory is stupid at it's very best. You try putting something in Hulk's mouth he doesn't want in there. You see what happens!

Even given preptime,I seriously doubt that Bat-Man could be one of Marvel's biggest tanks. Hulk could smash, rip apart, throw, beat, chew, kick, stomp, or shout Bat-Man apart. What gadget can a giant green skinned gamma radiation monster of death, destruction, and anger? I'm going to go ahead and apologize for any spelling or grammar errors.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Are you sure you hate Batman?

Have you given his books a try?

Years ago I would have told you he is the most boring overrated character in existence. Today however I can't get enough of his books.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I can't say I am certain of my hatred for Bats. I've read up on him from wikipedia, fan forums, and I've read probably ten comics of him at the most. I guess, I just find his character predictable and bland. I also never understood, he is the CEO, owner, founder, etc etc. of "Wayne Enterprises" yet he found time to travel the world and train in multiple fighting style?

I don't hate the series as a whole though, I love Riddler and Joker. Alfred is also a great character, I just never really digged Bat-Man himself.

fingernail9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fingernail9

I'm sorry but as much as i love THE HULK SMASH, Batman always has a plan. He would figure out a way to defeat him. He'll make a ring that sucks in Gamma Radiation or something, then break banners jaw with a right hook.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainDoeo

How would Bat-Man spontaneously know that Hulk's power is from gamma radiation or even that Hulk's power varies on how angry/stressed he is? They are from two completely different universes and I'm pretty sure Hulk is a force unlike anything Bat-Man has faced.

Also if any of Marvel's greatest minds (Reed Richards,Tony Stark,Bruce Banner himself,Hank McCoy,Henry Pym, etc etc.) couldn't think of a way to cure Banner, I seriously doubt that Bat-Man could. Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that Bat-Man is no fool. I just really doubt he has enough knowledge in gamma radiation to make a ring of that strength.

thenerdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thenerdal

Batman is over powered kinda. Don't see how he can beat Hulk. Batman is an ordinary guy, who uses gadgets only.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

I have a Giant, and I mean giant old school comic with Batman and the Hulk from the 70's!

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Yeah, I've read one of the crossovers where Bats fights Hulk and it was horribly written. Batman punched Hulk and he flew back.

You can't just punch Hulk. It doesn't work that way. A human doesn't just smack Hulk.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

It's official as of today Batman fan boys are just as bad as Storm fan boys congratulations boys you have officially stained a great character with your foolishness

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

I just got it for the crossover, not so much of a batfan! But he's ok with me!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

Yeah, it was written horribly,it was the 3yr old Hulk lumbering around!

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @joshmightbe said:

It's official as of today Batman fan boys are just as bad as Storm fan boys congratulations boys you have officially stained a great character with your foolishness

I called it first!!
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@Primmaster64: I'm looking forward to when Matter Eater Lad fan boys (if they exist ) to start freaking out, its bound to lead to interesting conversations (Not intelligent but definitely interesting)

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By noj

@CaptainDoeo: Obviously you dont know jack about Batman so I find your mad bashing of him really dumb. If you did in fact know anything other than a cursory glance at a wiki article then you would know that Batman didnt found Wayne Enterprises. He is also doesnt even really run the company other than making some decisions every know and then, his family founded Wayne Enterprises and he just inherited it. He leaves the day to day management of the company to other people. He mastered all the martial arts, and learned all the skills necessary to become Batman during a trip he took around the world for several years before he became Batman.

Now about the whole Batman vs Hulk thing. The above poster wasnt being serious about the gamma absorbing ring thing. Im not sure if he could beat the Hulk one on one but he would go down fighting. The thing is though if you give Batman prep time he will figure something out. He will investigate the Hulk, and find out the source of his power, any weaknesses ect. And then he will take advantage of that. For example he could come up with some sort of gas that will knock Hulk out, or lay a traps for him ect.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By moywar700

it depends on what are the conditions of the battle. In a straight up fight, batman will die a tragic death.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Kallarkz said:

Are you sure you hate Batman?

Have you given his books a try?

Years ago I would have told you he is the most boring overrated character in existence. Today however I can't get enough of his books.

Really? How long ago is years ago? Years ago we got Knightfall through Knights End, Cataclysm through No Mans Land, Bruce Wayne Murderer and Fugitive, and perhaps maybe most importantly (of the recent past) the ENTIRE run of LotDK. Batman has been blessed with a seemingly endless strew of excellent storylines. Even though I still enjoy the bat books I'd say they've been a on slow down slope for years.

So I pose to YOU. Have YOU given the older books a try?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Kallarkz

@Onemoreposter said:

So I pose to YOU. Have YOU given the older books a try?

Yes.

And in your opinion they are in a slope downwards. Praise and stay with your old school while the rest of us respect it and enjoy the new.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

People who don't like Batman haven't read Batman comics.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

I like Batman I just hate the whole Bat-Jesus thing his fan boys have going on in their heads

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainDoeo

@noj: If I was bashing Bat-Man, I apologize. I didn't mean to come off as a idiotic a**. I acknowledge that my knowledge of Bats is certainly not to level with alot of other comic readers. Still, I just never could get into Bat-Man's past. I didn't see anything interesting about it. Yeah, sorry about thinkin' he was founder. I didn't remember so I through down what the answer could be. Either way, Hulk fights god-like figures and armies. I just don't see how any amount of expirence, training, or gadgets can save you from a force like The Hulk.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Malevolent1

I read the old crossover where Batman successfully makes Hulk look like a blundering idiot in a skirmish they get into. It was really stupid. It's like Batman being able to beat Superman. Ridiculous.

Hulk would never to lose to Batman in a random encounter.

Nateron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nateron2

@fingernail9: So he can dodge ALL of Hulks blows and at the same time think and build it? I don't think so! Bats is smart and agile and all that but no way he can do that!

Ricky_Gervais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ricky_Gervais

Batman is pretty retarded, I agree

ZenRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZenRazor

Let me just get this one quickly done truely the only reason why people choose Hulk over Bats is because he has Power.And Bats is just human thats where you're underestimating him and people to now still do.The reason why Batman is so great is because he's brilliant and knows he can die any moment he never goes into battle without being prepared think about it Batman is human like you and me except he wants to help other.Superheros were made to let humans have an imagination of how we could be great.But hero's like Batman bring more reality he was made to prove the even us humans are not weak and could easily handle anything as long as we set our minds too.So don't underestimate Batman or humans just because there not as muscular as Hulk is.Anyways Bats already beat hulk once with ease.I think even Joker could beat Hulk

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Night Thrasher

Batman beating Hulk = PIS

Batman beating Superman = PIS

Batman beating anyone above Spider-Man level = PIS

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @joshmightbe said:

I called it first!!
    Actually, the Batman Anti-Fans, such as yourselves, are worse.  

(The vast of majority of) Batman fans go into a thread about the Dark Knight Rises and say it looks fantastic. 

The anti-fans go into it and say how they think it'll be funny when it fails, or how it looks crap, or how it's overrated. Then the fans get up in arms, naturally defensive, and you then call them insane fanboys.  

Rinse and repeat for every Batman thread.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm not ant anti fan, I love Batman I just hate his fans that refuse to see reason

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SandMan_
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Batman is a respectable and loved  character, but his fans (and you know) have gotten out of hand by making him the Bat-above-all or better yet...Batgod.
    cellot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cellot

I don't have the greatest knowledge of comic books here, but with Batman vs. Hulk, preparation and environment are going to make the biggest difference. What we're dealing with boils down to intelligence and planning vs. raw uncontrolled power. If Hulk ever got Batman, he'd squish him like a grape. I don't think anyone is doubting that.

However, if Batman can stay out of Hulk's grasp, what can the Hulk really do besides throw things at him? It's definitely a case where Bats would have to subdue/restrain him.

Basically, if it were a straight up fight in a boxing ring, Hulk would slaughter Batman. If it were a chess game, Batman would slaughter Hulk. It all depends on whether they were both given time to prep (it wouldn't make a difference to Hulk, but Batman would obviously benefit) and what sort of environment they were in. For example, if they were in the Grand Canyon Batman would win by a landslide: it's very hot and physically draining (not good conditions for maintaining anger) and lots of great places to hide. If they were in a temperate, endless field without cover, then Hulk would win by curb-stomp.

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rusty_Irons

@cellot said:

I don't have the greatest knowledge of comic books here, but with Batman vs. Hulk, preparation and environment are going to make the biggest difference. What we're dealing with boils down to intelligence and planning vs. raw uncontrolled power. If Hulk ever got Batman, he'd squish him like a grape. I don't think anyone is doubting that.

However, if Batman can stay out of Hulk's grasp, what can the Hulk really do besides throw things at him? It's definitely a case where Bats would have to subdue/restrain him.

Basically, if it were a straight up fight in a boxing ring, Hulk would slaughter Batman. If it were a chess game, Batman would slaughter Hulk. It all depends on whether they were both given time to prep (it wouldn't make a difference to Hulk, but Batman would obviously benefit) and what sort of environment they were in. For example, if they were in the Grand Canyon Batman would win by a landslide: it's very hot and physically draining (not good conditions for maintaining anger) and lots of great places to hide. If they were in a temperate, endless field without cover, then Hulk would win by curb-stomp.

Well stated.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ARMIV2

Can't find a way to put this lightly...Hulk smashes Batman. I'm not even sorry about saying that. I love Batman, but there is just no way. Maybe he could, like, tumble him up for a little bit, but not beat him.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VenomousDragon

Batman isnt that bad, sure some of his feats are total PIS and his fanboys are a pain in the ass but if he is properly written he is a cool character.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell
     Oops
     Oops
    Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Nudeviking

@Gambler said:

Oops
    Oops

I prefer Batman escaping a broken back by boxing Hulk in the ears...

No Caption Provided
    DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DTFB

@Nudeviking said:

@Gambler said:

Oops
    Oops

I prefer Batman escaping a broken back by boxing Hulk in the ears...

No Caption Provided

I have never read either of these but they dont really look to bad of PIS considering he has said he could squat press 2500 and the mid section is usually the easiest way to knock the wind out of anybody by just about anybody with some effort. its not like he was just slapping hulk around. just imo dont jump all over me over it.

@cellot said:

i believe exactly what this guy said

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Gambler: non canon, bats foot should have been broken

I know man, its a joke. Breath, breath :P

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By htb106

The writers could probably come up with a reason that Batman would win but really the Hulk would thrash him.

Did you say Batman couldn't be "One of Marvel's biggest tanks"?, he's from DC

cellot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cellot

@TheAcidSkull: Yes, I agree, there is no way for Batman to defeat Hulk in a straight up fight. I was merely suggesting that the environmental conditions of the grand canyon would be pretty ideal for Batman to escape and where he could hide for a long time and be an environment where maintaining the Hulk would be extremely taxing.

imagine727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By imagine727

Hulk is faster and stronger than batman. Batman couldn't do anything, ANYTHING to the hulk. He hits him? He would break his arm. He tries to evade him? Hulk catches him and destroys him. End of thread!

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Batman versus Hulk in a straight up fight cannot take him down. PERIOD (see I am a Batfanboy and I can be reasoned with)

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By KainScion

@fingernail9 said:

I'm sorry but as much as i love THE HULK SMASH, Batman always has a plan. He would figure out a way to defeat him. He'll make a ring that sucks in Gamma Radiation or something, then break banners jaw with a right hook.

so stupid.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By KainScion

@InnerVenom123 said:

People who don't like Batman haven't read Batman comics.

not true. i read batman books regularly and some times i go 'come on no normal human being can do that thats BS'.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By InnerVenom123

@KainScion said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Okay, on average, people who don't like Batman haven't read Batman comics.

not true. i read batman books regularly and some times i go 'come on no normal human being can do that thats BS'.

Fixed.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LiquidPrince

This is a tough one as I like both characters quite a bit. Although Batman and Spiderman have always been my favorite heroes. I say that if they just randomly met in an alley, Batman wouldn't be able to beat Hulk. The fight would last for a couple of minutes, Batman would size up hulk or try and steal a piece of his flesh or something and then probably escape. Then he would analyze Hulk's DNA and try and come up with some sort of counter.

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jakesully1981

I know, when i bought the Marvel vs. DC crossover classics trade-paperback when i was 10 years old back in 92 i thought it was the dumbest idea ever. i was like "What is Batman gonna do to Hulk? punch him in the nose?" then i read it as it turned out to be a surprisingly good crossover story despite a ridiculous idea.

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
    CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Hulk is he fighting? In any case, as much as I like Batman I don't see him winning this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.