Banner a Green Lantern ?

#1 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Banner make a good green lantern because he has shown the will to become one

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24961 posts) - - Show Bio

Red suits him better

#3 Posted by Verotikryptonite (319 posts) - - Show Bio

sacrilege to even mention the Hulk in the same sentence as Green Lantern

#4 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Green fits Banner but not Hulk. Red fits Hulk not Banner.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24961 posts) - - Show Bio

Yellow might fit as well since I'm fairly certain Hulk can scare the s**t out of people

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Green fits Banner but not Hulk. Red fits Hulk not Banner.

This.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is based off of rage and anger so I'd go with red lantern more.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24961 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Hulk is the personification of Banner's rage so obviously he has quite a bit in him

#10 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: True, I was just thinking in terms of aesthetics, Bruce would look plain wrong as a Red Lantern :P

#11 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make a great Amalgam character.

#12 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Hulk would make a bad red lantern. He doesn't have what it takes. There's more to being a red lantern than just "rawr angry". As for Banner in the GLC, I don't think he'd last long since he'd keep turning into a huge green rage-monster.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

No. Hulk would make a bad red lantern. He doesn't have what it takes. There's more to being a red lantern than just "rawr angry". As for Banner in the GLC, I don't think he'd last long since he'd keep turning into a huge green rage-monster.

what does it exactly take to be a red lantern?

#14 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

As Atrocitus explains it in Blackest Night, most "rage" is the child of fear/sorrow/confusion/etc. The rage it requires to be a red lantern (which I shall refer to as "red rage") only stems from blame. You have to have been wronged -- HORRIBLY wronged -- and have a desire for vengeance so powerful that it attracts a red ring, which feeds off of death/blood. Hulk is angry, but not really for any person -- since his anger lacks a target, it would not qualify as red rage. Atrocitus would be ashamed by Hulk (before amd after kicking his ass).

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13427 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

As Atrocitus explains it in Blackest Night, most "rage" is the child of fear/sorrow/confusion/etc. The rage it requires to be a red lantern (which I shall refer to as "red rage") only stems from blame. You have to have been wronged -- HORRIBLY wronged -- and have a desire for vengeance so powerful that it attracts a red ring, which feeds off of death/blood. Hulk is angry, but not really for any person -- since his anger lacks a target, it would not qualify as red rage. Atrocitus would be ashamed by Hulk (before amd after kicking his ass).

his father, general ross, humanity as a whole, and the abomination could all considered focuses.it was his fathers abusive behavior that created the hulk persona in the first place.

#16 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: most red lanterns are feral and act like beasts and he could always remember what his father had done too him and hulk would own atrocitus

#17 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol... please... no. Hulk would be Atrocitus's bitch.

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (40983 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@joygirl: most red lanterns are feral and act like beasts and he could always remember what his father had done too him and hulk would own atrocitus

hahah

#19 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk a green lantern... Why? Just cause he's green? Not hating but that is like Bleez should not be in Red lantern cause shes blue she should be in hope. Also Hulk would if a lantern unlikely ever to become one no ring would ever choose him I think would be rage.

#20 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hulk, other than DD, has been wrong at every tern of his life.

Hulk has been haunted for most of his life. lets start with the early days shall we? His father, Brain Banner had been beating him for years, and then killed off his mother, in front of his eyes. then, after many many years( During which Bruce was bullied , even when he tried to stand up to someone for a girl) , he accidentally killed his dad when he attacked bruce at a graveyard.

But thats nothing, how about the fact that every hero betrays him and fights him EVEN though he has saved the world countless times? but thats fine, it's not like his worst enemy killed his wife right? actually he did( this is actually the SECOND love hulk has lost). but that wasn't enough, they kept her alive through some bull tech which basically made her into a vegetable. But all is good, hulk even saved the world from a rogue robot satellite! except the part where his Friends used the opportunity to send hulk to another planet, at which point he landed on sakaar. where he was weakened and enslaved.

And now that he was enslaved, he had to fight his way up the tire and became king. found a happy place where he could live for the rest of his life, with a wife and a child( unborn). everything is awesome. nah.. The ship which had brought the hulk to the planet blew up and decimated the whole planet, leaving basically hulk and his warbound only alive. hulks wife was dead, and so was his won.

He then went to earth and started a war against people who sent him to sakaar. he gets what he wants, makes the suffer, but he doesn't kill them off. and now guess what happens? one of his warbound members, who hulk considered a friend, was actually the one who was behind all of this , and he also stabbed rick jones, who is hulks best friend, the kind who never gives up. and then he nearly destroys the planet.

Hulk of course is detained because he managed to hold back. but then something new comes up, his son, who was supposed to be dead( he has two sons, this is important) comes back after years of living one a planet full of killers, to kill his father. they eventually figure things about, but here comes in his second son, who in fact wants to destroy earth, and his completely nuts. hulk has to kill him, but is unable to do so, instead this son of his is turned into stone. and right after he gets back from pace, there comes in the chaos war, where his father comes back, and he almost kills hulk after turning into some monstrous demon version of himself. and even though the hulks helped them save the world , he and his family are still viewed as monsters.

HUlk is sick of this so he goes to Zeus, and lets him beat him to a pulp for his own family, and he then is tortured for 3 days. and then His ex-wife, who is now the red hulk because jeph loeb is a "Genius"!, betrays and leaves him for his old enemies, and so on and on.

Hulk has Plenty to be mad about, i don't like it when people assume that he is a brick who punches things, he is so much more than that. Hulk would be ashamed of Atrocitus, before and after Kicking his arse. ;)

If this doesn't convince you then i don't know what will :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.