Anyone sick n tired of Hulk WIS? winning fights he shouldnt win!!

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

The one thing that annoys me really bad about Avengers books is they often throw character development out the window just to let Hulk have his big moment. Hulk gets mad and all the Avengers have trouble putting him down ALL OF THEM!? Or Hulk beats people that are impossible for him to beat like Gladiator, or WWH beating everyone like Strange, Sentry and all the X-Men.

I don't mind him beating BRB in his own movie cos after all its his own movie and the film was well acted and well animated

bu the comics are really tiring to read, he's not such any interesting or cool character anymore. i'm sick of him coming into other books and f*****g them up. I hate how most flying or very fast people he fights seem to still want to trade shots with him like a brawler.

#2 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
WIS didn't help him against Zeus.
#3 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe he was just that strong?

#4 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio


Gladiator was bound to kill hulk with eye-beams (and instead of moving out of range and killing hulk with his heat beams the writers have Gladiator wait for a lumbering hulk to grab his head.)
 



.
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

His victory over Sentry was PIS. Don't let it worry you. That fight was Shakespearean in quality compared to the Sentry's showing in Siege.

#6 Posted by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

The angrier Hulk get, the stronger he gets...the more people pounding on him, the madder he's going to get thus making him stronger.  If you want to talk about a Hulk "beating everyone" Look at Red Hulk's track record :P

#7 Posted by Humansmurf (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I am tired of people saying Hulk can't beat someone because of (Insert BULL here).

#8 Posted by VenomX10 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has shown that he can overcome any odds. His resistence to just about everything is super high on the charts, and his strength is seemingly limitless. This is why I love Marvel, more specificly, The Hulk, his character is well developed, and while he is super tough, he has been shown to have trouble with some enemies. Hes good, but not invincible
#9 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone remember the MAD magazine version of Superman vs. Hulk? Superman beat Hulk by tickling him until he turned back into Banner, and then putting him through a building. Makes me wonder why more people don't try just showing Hulk pictures of kittens or something...

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
The angrier Hulk get, the stronger he gets...the more people pounding on him, the madder he's going to get thus making him stronger.  If you want to talk about a Hulk "beating everyone" Look at Red Hulk's track record :P
SO TRUE.
#11 Posted by LordMaverick (5200 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks turn to play jobber!...................
#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Humansmurf said:
Personally I am tired of people saying Hulk can't beat someone because of (Insert BULL here).
exactly too many people on this site are so anti-Hulk, that they will come up with the Batman syndrome, where they start throwing in stupid circumstances that make no sense.

Hulk deserves more respect than most of the vine gives him.
#13 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure only the Super X from Godzilla 1985 could beat the Hulk. First it would shoot off something shiny and fire rounds of cadmium into his gums as he's distracted, preferably where the molars are for optimal potency. Repeat this three times and he'll crash into a building.

#14 Posted by VenomX10 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a reason Hulk is "The Strongest One There Is" and too many people forget that.
#15 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief: @Shadow_Thief said:
Does anyone remember the MAD magazine version of Superman vs. Hulk? Superman beat Hulk by tickling him until he turned back into Banner, and then putting him through a building. Makes me wonder why more people don't try just showing Hulk pictures of kittens or something...
QFBFH (Quoted For Being Frickin' Hilarious)

Hulk must be pretty fast though: his own body mass must feel like being featherweight to him.
#16 Posted by Fifthchild (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Humansmurf said:
Personally I am tired of people saying Hulk can't beat someone because of (Insert BULL here).
This. Hulk is a beast in the comics but on a lot of Battleboards people tend to think everyone else forgets their powers against him. But by the same token Hulks dynamic strength doesnt often get played up as much when he fights other name characters. Hulks a character with massive potential and a fair bit of untapped versatility of his own (his powers are basically the manifestation of his subconscious mind). He is much more than someone like Hercules for example IMO. Crazy regeneration, and the ability to become more powerful in the face of adversity, stress and emotional stimuli are big factors in a fight. I dont think the fact that you can shoot beams out of your eyes or whatever should necessarily makes your chances that much better against him and not everyone wants to fight by basically staying well out of reach of their opponent or trying to throw them into space.    
#17 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1253 posts) - - Show Bio
@Humansmurf
i agree plus him beaten gladiator and sentry ain't really bad wrting some people believe hulk can beat them and hulk haters really needs to stop crying over this nonesense.
#18 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1253 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe
hulk would pretty much pwn godzilla depends what version it is.
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fifthchild said:
@Humansmurf said:
Personally I am tired of people saying Hulk can't beat someone because of (Insert BULL here).
This. Hulk is a beast in the comics but on a lot of Battleboards people tend to think everyone else forgets their powers against him. But by the same token Hulks dynamic strength doesnt often get played up as much when he fights other name characters. Hulks a character with massive potential and a fair bit of untapped versatility of his own (his powers are basically the manifestation of his subconscious mind). He is much more than someone like Hercules for example IMO. Crazy regeneration, and the ability to become more powerful in the face of adversity, stress and emotional stimuli are big factors in a fight. I dont think the fact that you can shoot beams out of your eyes or whatever should necessarily makes your chances that much better against him and not everyone wants to fight by basically staying well out of reach of their opponent or trying to throw them into space.    
also it would be boring as hell
#20 Posted by SC (11962 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel he is fairly represented. Most popular characters and long staying characters get props. His plots and characterization often rely on that aspect as well, ditto Supes (as opposed to the X-Men) and Hulk has had some fairly embarrassing bumps along the way. 

Moderator
#21 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with hulk at the moment but still he shouldn't have beaten gladiator at least not without an epic battle i'm just pissed off with thor being treated like crap by marvel

#22 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
His victory over Sentry was PIS.
Then again there was that little "more angrier than usual because of Caiera", so it's not as PIS as it should be.
 
And what does PIS mean ? I get it in context but is it an achronym for something ?
#23 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
His victory over Sentry was PIS.
Then again there was that little "more angrier than usual because of Caiera", so it's not as PIS as it should be. And what does PIS mean ? I get it in context but is it an achronym for something ?
If you don't know what PIS means, how can you say that the Sentry/Hulk fight wasn't 'as PIS as it should be'?
 
It means Plot Induced Stupidity, btw.
#24 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi

Doc Strange was whooping him until his morals kicked in.

But yes, I do hate the "Hulk's anger overcomes all obstacles" mentality that is often used by writers.

#25 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
If you don't know what PIS means, how can you say that the Sentry/Hulk fight wasn't 'as PIS as it should be'?  It means Plot Induced Stupidity, btw.
If you had read my post you would've known that I understand it in context, I saw it being mentioned a Wonder Woman thread where there were images of her punching The Flash and Martian Manhunter, which shouldn't happen, so I kinda got the idea of what PIS sort of meant.
#26 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Green Skin said:
If you don't know what PIS means, how can you say that the Sentry/Hulk fight wasn't 'as PIS as it should be'?  It means Plot Induced Stupidity, btw.
If you had read my post you would've known that I understand it in context, I saw it being mentioned a Wonder Woman thread where there were images of her punching The Flash and Martian Manhunter, which shouldn't happen, so I kinda got the idea of what PIS sort of meant.
Oh I read you post, but kinda getting the idea and actually knowing what it means are 2 different things.
#27 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

But Hulk is strongest there is... he should win all fights, no?

#28 Edited by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith said:

But Hulk is strongest there is... he should win all fights, no?

And yet he hasn't, that pretty much says something about how, despite having a  "Power Grid", Marvel still has terrible issues with the amount of PIS it pulls off constantly.
#29 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should have been able to take him down in WWH. 

#30 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
Sentry should have been able to take him down in WWH. 
why?
#31 Posted by kmiller9959 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should beat Hulk at his average level, but WWH was something different altogether. Hulk basically has the ability to be infinitely strong, and the Sentry tried to engage him in a physical confrontation while he was enraged as much as he has ever been before. Do the math. The WWH storyline was the pinnacle of the Hulk character (as far as the madder-->stronger concept goes). He deservedly beat everyone in that miniseries because it was his spotlight. It was like they were showing you exactly where the Hulk can get to if he is sufficiently angry instead of just insinuating it. 
 
But I am biased. The Hulk is far and away my favorite character.
#32 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Hulk beat Sentry... I hate that guy. 
 
As for the people he beat in WWH, it wasn't really WIS. Out of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange, I really only see Dr. Strange and maybe Black Bolt as a threat to him.  At the levels Hulk was at though I think he could take Black Bolt. If Hulk didn't trick Strange and break his hands... he wouldn't really stand a chance of winning that fight. Now then, who on the X-Men can stand up to the Hulk besides telepaths? I think how that fight played out is how it should have.
 
If you really want WIS, Red Hulk is for you. Punched out the Watcher, killed Terrax, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and also punched out the Grandmaster. Now that is WIS.
#33 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Hulk is resistant to telepathy (mind control) if you read that crossover with x-men they did try to stop him by telepathy.

#34 Posted by The Stegman (20784 posts) - - Show Bio

that's the thing that annoys me the most about hulk....he reminds me of when you are a kid and you play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians with your friends, you shoot one of your friends and instead of falling down dead he says "nuh uh, that didn't kill me cause i have special bullet proof armor on!' like dude, no you don't, your dead, just get over it, i'm tired of hulk defeating people just because "he gets madder"  
 
here is a list of people he shouldn't beat 
 
 
-Thor 
-Sentry 
-Dr. Strange 
-Black Bolt 
- Professor Xavier (how does being physically strong suddenly give you telepathy resistance??) 
-Gladiator 
- any cosmic character 
 
 
yet he has pretty much beat all of these guys, it's idiotic, at the end of the day, no matter how mad he is, he's still a human, with human weaknesses 

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi said:

The one thing that annoys me really bad about Avengers books is they often throw character development out the window just to let Hulk have his big moment. Hulk gets mad and all the Avengers have trouble putting him down ALL OF THEM!? Or Hulk beats people that are impossible for him to beat like Gladiator, or WWH beating everyone like Strange, Sentry and all the X-Men.

I don't mind him beating BRB in his own movie cos after all its his own movie and the film was well acted and well animated

bu the comics are really tiring to read, he's not such any interesting or cool character anymore. i'm sick of him coming into other books and f*****g them up. I hate how most flying or very fast people he fights seem to still want to trade shots with him like a brawler.

Avengers books just aren't good..period.It doesn't really have anything to do with Hulk or any Hulk related character.People seem to forget how many times over the years Hulk was used a punching bag and a stepping stone like Wolverine to make other characters look strong in comparison.Even street levelers have had their crack at the Hulk.Hulk beat Gladiator due to a plot device...same with Sentry but he's an A-List superhero..what do you expect? You know how many heroes do the same.How many times has Daredevil,Spider-Man,Captain America,Wolverine,Iron Man etc. beaten characters they shouldn't have..for the sake of the plot? I'll tell you, it's alot. 
 
Why couldn't Hulk have beaten Strange or the X-men though? People seem to forget how much weaker current Strange is.He could barely help the Avengers beat the Hand and the Hood's Gang.In fact in the fight with the Hand he got shanked by a Ninja and was out of commission for a good while.Most of those X-men couldn't even hurt the Hulk in his Savage form..let alone during World War Hulk.Most of them would only need to get hit once and they'd be killed or KO'd. 
 
Hulk's comics IMO are the best Marvel has to offer right now next to Amazing Spider-Man.If the fights are the problem then you need to realize that MOST comic fights are written poorly.Not just Hulk's.
Moderator
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dormammu said:
I'm glad Hulk beat Sentry... I hate that guy.  As for the people he beat in WWH, it wasn't really WIS. Out of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange, I really only see Dr. Strange and maybe Black Bolt as a threat to him.  At the levels Hulk was at though I think he could take Black Bolt. If Hulk didn't trick Strange and break his hands... he wouldn't really stand a chance of winning that fight. Now then, who on the X-Men can stand up to the Hulk besides telepaths? I think how that fight played out is how it should have. If you really want WIS, Red Hulk is for you. Punched out the Watcher, killed Terrax, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and also punched out the Grandmaster. Now that is WIS.
Don't forget that Blackbolt was a skrull and couldn't have been as powerful as the REAL Blackbolt. 
Also Red Hulk punching the Watcher,Killing Terrax,Silver Surfer (from another universe),owning the Grandmaster and Mordo...those are all things he can ACTUALLY do.
Moderator
#37 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@Dormammu said:
I'm glad Hulk beat Sentry... I hate that guy.  As for the people he beat in WWH, it wasn't really WIS. Out of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange, I really only see Dr. Strange and maybe Black Bolt as a threat to him.  At the levels Hulk was at though I think he could take Black Bolt. If Hulk didn't trick Strange and break his hands... he wouldn't really stand a chance of winning that fight. Now then, who on the X-Men can stand up to the Hulk besides telepaths? I think how that fight played out is how it should have. If you really want WIS, Red Hulk is for you. Punched out the Watcher, killed Terrax, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and also punched out the Grandmaster. Now that is WIS.
Don't forget that Blackbolt was a skrull and couldn't have been as powerful as the REAL Blackbolt. Also Red Hulk punching the Watcher,Killing Terrax,Silver Surfer (from another universe),owning the Grandmaster and Mordo...those are all things he can ACTUALLY do.

I know he was a Skrull imposter, but I think at the levels he was at he would have beaten the real Black Bolt anyways. The things the Red Hulk did... he shouldn't have been able to do. Beating all those people then getting dominated by Wolverine... doesn't make much sense. Considering I see people saying Red Hulk had Loeb Force, I'm pretty sure lots of people consider those things WIS.
#38 Posted by LordMaverick (5200 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make a planet Juggernaut movie!!...............
#39 Edited by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dormammu said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Dormammu said:
I'm glad Hulk beat Sentry... I hate that guy.  As for the people he beat in WWH, it wasn't really WIS. Out of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange, I really only see Dr. Strange and maybe Black Bolt as a threat to him.  At the levels Hulk was at though I think he could take Black Bolt. If Hulk didn't trick Strange and break his hands... he wouldn't really stand a chance of winning that fight. Now then, who on the X-Men can stand up to the Hulk besides telepaths? I think how that fight played out is how it should have. If you really want WIS, Red Hulk is for you. Punched out the Watcher, killed Terrax, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and also punched out the Grandmaster. Now that is WIS.
Don't forget that Blackbolt was a skrull and couldn't have been as powerful as the REAL Blackbolt. Also Red Hulk punching the Watcher,Killing Terrax,Silver Surfer (from another universe),owning the Grandmaster and Mordo...those are all things he can ACTUALLY do.
I know he was a Skrull imposter, but I think at the levels he was at he would have beaten the real Black Bolt anyways. The things the Red Hulk did... he shouldn't have been able to do. Beating all those people then getting dominated by Wolverine... doesn't make much sense. Considering I see people saying Red Hulk had Loeb Force, I'm pretty sure lots of people consider those things WIS.
There's no such thing as the Loeb Force.Rulk is strong enough to pull off all of those feats that were named.What happened against Wolverine has nothing to do with those things.Wolverine is a better fighter than Rulk,he's faster and has claws that can cut through virtually anything it's obvious he would have trouble with him.Those other feats aren't comparable.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@Dormammu said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Dormammu said:
I'm glad Hulk beat Sentry... I hate that guy.  As for the people he beat in WWH, it wasn't really WIS. Out of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange, I really only see Dr. Strange and maybe Black Bolt as a threat to him.  At the levels Hulk was at though I think he could take Black Bolt. If Hulk didn't trick Strange and break his hands... he wouldn't really stand a chance of winning that fight. Now then, who on the X-Men can stand up to the Hulk besides telepaths? I think how that fight played out is how it should have. If you really want WIS, Red Hulk is for you. Punched out the Watcher, killed Terrax, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, and also punched out the Grandmaster. Now that is WIS.
Don't forget that Blackbolt was a skrull and couldn't have been as powerful as the REAL Blackbolt. Also Red Hulk punching the Watcher,Killing Terrax,Silver Surfer (from another universe),owning the Grandmaster and Mordo...those are all things he can ACTUALLY do.
I know he was a Skrull imposter, but I think at the levels he was at he would have beaten the real Black Bolt anyways. The things the Red Hulk did... he shouldn't have been able to do. Beating all those people then getting dominated by Wolverine... doesn't make much sense. Considering I see people saying Red Hulk had Loeb Force, I'm pretty sure lots of people consider those things WIS.
There's no such thing as the Loeb Force.Rulk is strong enough to pull off all of those feats that were named.What happened against Wolverine has nothing to do with those things.Wolverine is a better fighter than Rulk,he's faster and has claws that can cut through virtually anything it's obvious he would have trouble with him.Those other feats aren't comparable.

You go ahead and think that...
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dormammu said:

There's no such thing as the Loeb Force.Rulk is strong enough to pull off all of those feats that were named.What happened against Wolverine has nothing to do with those things.Wolverine is a better fighter than Rulk,he's faster and has claws that can cut through virtually anything it's obvious he would have trouble with him.Those other feats aren't comparable.
You go ahead and think that...
I don't think that I know that.Half those things have been duplicated by weaker characters.
Moderator
#42 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dormammu said:
 
There's no such thing as the Loeb Force.Rulk is strong enough to pull off all of those feats that were named.What happened against Wolverine has nothing to do with those things.Wolverine is a better fighter than Rulk,he's faster and has claws that can cut through virtually anything it's obvious he would have trouble with him.Those other feats aren't comparable.
No he's not... You think it makes any sense that Rulk can beat cosmic beings but that Wolverine should still win against him? Am I reading wrong or something. You do realize that when Hulk went back to WWH persona he easily beated his ass but that even WWH would be beaten by cosmic beings.
#43 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:
Or maybe he was just that strong?
I agree.
#44 Edited by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

 @Caligula said:

@ReVamp said:

@Caligula said:
Thor has had trouble with Hulk in less powered forms than WWH, so I doubt Thor would have made a huge difference.


Yeah, but that's just pure idiocy.



 

Speed Blitz doesn't mean a win against the Hulk. He is far too durable for that. plus Thor's Speed blitz is considerably less than most.

and sorry to break it to Thor fans. But Hulk has destroyed Thor numerous times.








 
Marvel used to hate Thor
maybe Thor now with the big movie Thor can finally win againsy Hulk
#45 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is interesting but in the end he is just a strong guy. His strength has limits regardless of what you hear because once you go into a mindless rage further rage would not be possible. His powers end at arms reach.

#46 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
Hulk is interesting but in the end he is just a strong guy. His strength has limits regardless of what you hear because once you go into a mindless rage further rage would not be possible. His powers end at arms reach.
Mindless isn't that strong really. He would just be mad but without anything else than primitve furry backing him up he's much stronger when he has a reason to be aka WWH.
#47 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was always a jobber for Hulk

#48 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid said:
Thor was always a jobber for Hulk
not rly sometime one win sometime the other it can go either way
#49 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

getting owned? 

#50 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi: Did you read the issue?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.