Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

All New, All Different

• 93 results
    Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean URR is amazing intellectual but he's not likeable as a person to most readers. If anybody could ever find a way to unlock Hulks true potential he's one of those people. Though I want my Banner/Hulk. Marvel will need to end the multiverse again if I don't get that.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it really gonna be URR? Because i really don't see the point... then again Alonso outright admitted fans will hate the idea so i guess that's their goal nowadays.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one excited about the prospect of URR being Hulk? I think it's a cool idea. Hulk's human counter part should have mental problems, check, and be a genius, check. Works for me.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Yes and we have all that with Banner, so redundancy much?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Yes and we have all that with Banner, so redundancy much?

I'd rather have Hulk similar than completely different. Oh well.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nomar

@green_skaar: I like the idea of the human side being the real monster. Banner was no sweetheart in some of his incarnations, but him at his evillest is a happy thought for URR. I get a lol thking of people saying to Hulk "please stay angry" so URR doesn't come out.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why we have Maestro... for those of you that don't know Maestro is just batshit insane Banner.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Schwarz

Screw Marvel if this is real. I hope they read what people are writing here.

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so are they replacing bruce or is URR going to be an alternate hulk?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@schwarz: You need to watch the f-bombs in the future

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Schwarz

@mercy_: Ouch my bad did I really write the f word. I believe i've been clean from cursing since I registered, really sorry.

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Basically both companies are starting to go under because of their stupid ideas and choices, right?

Avatar image for theycallmeyoggi
    theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope it's not URR for God's sake.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now it's just a rumour started by one post by someone claiming they overheard this at Marvel. So not much to stand on there. If it is true I have so many questions. Like would their powers merge? Do we get a Hulk that can stretch because that would look stupid. Unless they change the Hulk I can't see the previous Hulk personality type liking URR(not that he liked Banner but URR is much worse). I also would see URR taking control over the Hulk state as he has no qualms with brain manipulation. I just hope they stick with Banner.

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guys my eyes are full of tears, i saw world war hulk in secret wars cover. gonna start crying now.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guys my eyes are full of tears, i saw world war hulk in secret wars cover. gonna start crying now.

Link to cover? I'm going to wait to know more since:

A. Covers can be very deceiving.

B. He might show up literally for one panel like he did in Waid's run.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yah covers are really deceitful. In the last Hulk run we had Maestro crushing 2 Hulks yet it was only a methaphor of Doc Green being scarred of Maestro taking over...

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. I learned long ago to ignore covers.

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: For everyone's sake I hope you're right, that it is just a rumor.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#70  Edited By Teerack

What if they turn the hulk into their own version of Shazam and Banner just yells out "SMASH" and is struck by "gamma" lighting turning into Captain Hulk.

But in all seriousness I always thought that once Hulk started to get smarter like he was in Planet Hulk, Just before Fear Itself, and Aaron's run. It made the most sense for Hulk and Banner to share a body like they did in the end of Aaron's run, but Waid just ignored all of that and reduced hulk back decades to being a dumb monster.

I think that Hulk and Banner should be able to talk in their head while the other is hosing the body very similar to how the hero Firestorm works.

No Caption Provided

The whole trying to suppress the other thing they have going on now seems really unintelligent. If they made it so they could be aware of what was happening now and talk/transform at will it would allow Hulk to exist 100% of the time and actually get more of a life while Banner is doing stuff, and it would also help Hulk when fighting having the help of one of the smartest people ever giving him some tips when he faces super science types. If they could transform at will it would also let them split their time more fairly like giving Banner Thursday-Saturday and Hulk Sunday-Tuesday and then trading every other Wednesday or something. I just feel like at this point that is the only way to go with the two characters since Hulk is a character of his own and not just a monster so the whole running away from the Hulk idea is kind of in the past.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bezza: Basically both companies are starting to go under because of their stupid ideas and choices, right?

Not sure why you singled me out with this comment, but actually comic sales are lower than they were 5, 10 or 15 years ago, so yeah, not all their ideas and choice are right. I've yet to meet many DC fans who think the New 52 was much cop and DC have changed their universe already after less than 3 years, so obviously agree....

anyway RR as Hulk? Will wait to see it confirmed before commenting further.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@green_skaar: I think it's just an alternate secret wars cover. It has maestro and savage hulk having a stare down with world war hulk in the back ground.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latest internet link suggests Amadeus Cho.

Wish they would just come out with it and put us out of our misery!! I guess its inevitable someone else will be Hulk for a bit after the Doc Ock Spiderman, female Thor, Bucky Barnes cap America and Dick Grayson Batman over at DC.....

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Id rather choose richards than amadeus... Amadeus would be too much like a-bomb, whereas ultimate reed richards seems like he'll have a maestro feel to him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it looks like i was right at least... The next Hulk wont be a white dude, because diversity. So let's continue with this until there is no white dude left, because again diversity.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Marvel understands that what they are doing in the name of diversity does more harm than good. I and my other black friends don't even like what they are doing. Create new characters but do not change the existing ones for some SJW bullshit.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

I don't think Marvel understands that what they are doing in the name of diversity does more harm than good. I and my other black friends don't even like what they are doing. Create new characters but do not change the existing ones for some SJW bullshit.

Yep, its gimmicks for gimmicks sake. DC are on a similar path....but some of their changes at least make sense. Hopefully this will be a brief transition and then Bruce will return. Is it true Greg Pak is back writing the new Hulk, or did I imagine that?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just glad Hulk has a future with Marvel, I don't really care of there is a new "Banner" and what his ethnicity is.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: The only colour that matters is green and if they change that. There'll be a riot. Lol.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Having Ultimate Reed Richards as the new Hulk wouldn't make any sense at all. Besides, we already have a powerful and vastly intelligent evil Hulk in the form of the Maestro. And that's all we truly need. What Marvel needs to do is utilize the Maestro and turn him into a high-end villain for the Hulk, the Avengers, and the Marvel Universe. It's about time we had someone other than Thanos & Dr. Doom.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: How would you feel if they went the truly savage route with the Hulk? Like Ultimate Hulk? Something that actually is a monster and has no filter on its actions. Or would you prefer they stick with the misunderstood beast angle?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@nomar: I hate the Ultimate Hulk. And I highly dislike Hulk being a mindless, growling, raging, one-dimensional beast. So, no, that would be a very stupid choice to undertake for the character. If you want to go for a villainous Hulk angle, go with the Maestro. Powerful, intelligent, a charismatic and sinister personality... pretty much what every major antagonist should be.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently the new Hulk is Ultimate Reed Richards.

Thank goodness he's still a guy.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superadam: Don't be happy to quickly, with marvel bending over to be politicaly correct to the extreme you never know if Hulk will become a transgender...

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By canuckdad

I absolutely hated the Duggan run. Hated Doc Green and I have been reading Hulk for over 30 years. So I admit I am terrified . Hulk is my #1 hero, but sadly since Doc green arrived I have stopped reading the comic. I catch up on the story through forums. I was always a Marvel guy but for the last year I have been more interested in Justice League. Its sad that after 30 years I disliked Doc green so much that for now I have walked away from my hero. I was Hoping I could return after secret wars but perhaps not.

If I had my choice it would be World Breaker Hulk for sure. I would also have it so Banner is rarely allowed out . I like Banner I just like him more as a voice inside Hulks head.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By canuckdad

This site is claiming Amadeus Cho may be the new Hulk. (i think someone already mentioned this)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=121456

not even sure how I feel about that. I can say I like it much better then URR

But if the rumor that Pak is doing the writing is actually true, it will make me a lot more confident in a change to old green skin.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

@superadam: Don't be happy to quickly, with marvel bending over to be politicaly correct to the extreme you never know if Hulk will become a transgender...

Hmmm... Male to female transexual... Close enough. You can't be too picky with modern Marvel, these days.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@avenging_x_bolt: what? I wouldn't like either of them, but if I had to choose Id pick richards.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: you said they were gonna reveal it the next day.........

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@avenging_x_bolt: that's what marvel said as well. But turns out people don't know the definition of 'liar' these days...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@lvenger: I might be the odd one out but I actually like the idea as long as they can do something cool with it. A super smart villain trying to find redemption being turned into a hero is an idea that appeals to me. Hope they do something cool with the story.

That being said they could have had the 2 run together with the said spoiler character being a second Hulk similar to say Scarlet Spider alongside normal Hulk, who would continue to be the main Hulk.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny thing is. If it is URR it would be hard to make him Hulk out. The dude stays calm like all the time, at least on the surface. He is very in control of his emotions.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.