Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

A way for Hulk to stay out of control yet in control

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Bring back Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit. I'll be the first to admit, I don't like the new direction Marvel Now is going with him. How he was done in The Avengers was perfect, but I can see how some people want a smarter Hulk that can contribute without losing the original idea of losing control. For me, the aspect of losing control and letting out anger has always been apart of Hulk and Banner's dynamic. With Fixit you still have that kind of set up along with a Hulk that's really smart enough to follow orders(Mostly).

Okay this is mainly me wanting Joe Fixit back because he really is my favorite version of Hulk.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I really like the Hulk hes one of my favourites, the reason is because of that coupling of raw emotion and power. I really hope they maintain some sort of underlying theme of strugle because at its core thats what the relationship between Hulk and Banner is. The fact that Banner is a ticking gamma bomb waiting to go off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Gravage Hulk is probably better than Fixit. He retains Grey Hulk's intelligence and Savage Hulks unlimited power

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Mr_Winchester said:

I really like the Hulk hes one of my favourites, the reason is because of that coupling of raw emotion and power. I really hope they maintain some sort of underlying theme of strugle because at its core thats what the relationship between Hulk and Banner is. The fact that Banner is a ticking gamma bomb waiting to go off.

Exactly, at it's heart Hulk's story is a Jekyll and Hyde story. Even I realize that just having him as a fugitive or going back to a mindless beast would be rehashing what's already been done. Sure, going back to Joe Fixit is kind of retreading old ground, but I think they could really do something with him such as make him the darker side of Bruce that does whatever he wants without any real thought of consequences, thus truly making him a like the original Hyde, yet if the situation calls for it is willing to take orders from Cap or whoever is leading The Avengers.

I think at least 2-3 years of something like that, maybe 4 at the most would be a good idea. THEN they could get back to the classic "HULK SMASH" Hulk we all know and love

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@guttridgeb said:

Gravage Hulk is probably better than Fixit. He retains Grey Hulk's intelligence and Savage Hulks unlimited power

What series was that version in? I don't remember that one, then again I have to get a lot of my comics in trades online so that might have something to do with it. He sounds like the Avengers: EMH Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@guttridgeb said:

What series was that version in? I don't remember that one, then again I have to get a lot of my comics in trades online so that might have something to do with it. He sounds like the Avengers: EMH Hulk.

I think he is Gravage in the current Incredible Hulk comics. I don't remember it being specifically stated but there hasn't been any "Hulk good, Banner bad" quotes, he talks normally.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@guttridgeb: Ah, I'm REALLY behind on my Hulk comics. I just got through the Dark Son arc.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Creating a different sort of Hulk i feel is fine as it reflects the complex psychological state of Banner.  As mentioned above I simply want an intense Jekyl/Hyde relationship. 

A quote from Stephen King comes to mind. 
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win"

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

The Professor is pretty cool. At least when he went up against Maestro.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.