Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

A Better Direction for Hulk

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I liked the idea of him and Banner being separated permanatly. Why? We've SEEN Bruce get angry and out comes Hulk. Yes that's what makes The Hulk unique as he's a modern Jekyll and Hyde, but it gets a little old. Let Hulk be a hero without Banner around or better yet! Have Bruce be his sidekick, that would be interesting.

Seriously Bruce on the outside, working WITH Hulk where they can communicate and interact in the open. He's the brains and Hulk is the smasher. Come on, tell me that would not be an interesting idea to keep around for a while. I realize there has been something LIKE that happen, but not where Banner himself is in the Rick Jones or Amadeus Cho role.

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrPhoenix

Banner is the brains and Hulk is the smasher?

That's pretty much how it is in indestructible hulk.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@MrPhoenix: But they don't interact. Come on, you gotta admit it would be interesting to see for a while

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By reignmaker

Hasn't a separation happened multiple times already?

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I justed watched Planet Hulk, but I know its based on the whole direction Greg Pak set him on, I have to say it was the only time Hulk peek my interest, I'd put him back on The whole Planet Hulk path, make him a galactic hero.

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Flopsop200

Pak's run was amazing, Jason Aaron's was painful at times and ultimately forgettable. I like Waid's direction with the character. My only gripe thus far has been the lack of Hulk in the book. Sure he shows up and wrecks things but we have yet to see his perspective. Hulk is more than a weapon. He has people he cares about and opinions. I would like to see that fleshed out more Right now it feels more like a Bruce Banner book featuring the Hulk.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Nightwing4

They've split before,and could again. But everyone and their mother knows it wouldn't stay that way permanently. I'd read it, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Meh, I like what we have at the moment.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@guttridgeb: What we have right now is fine, just trying to think of possibilities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.