Follow

Howard the Duck

Character » Howard the Duck appears in 566 issues.

Howard is a cigar-smoking anthropomorphic duck who lived in New Stork City on the planet Duckworld (in a parallel dimension). He was transported to and became trapped on our world, where he became close friends with Beverly Switzler. Most people of Earth simply do not believe that he is a talking duck.

Evolution of Howard Variant Announced for HOWARD THE DUCK #1

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

From the mad geniuses who brought you the Ant-Man #1 Shrinking Variant comes the one of a kind HOWARD THE DUCK #1 EVOLUTION OF HOWARD VARIANT! Howard the Duck writer Chip Zdarsky lends his inimitable style to this completely unique cover, showcasing Howard in different stages of life!

Be there for the birth of that fabulous fowl. Marvel at his rebellious teenage phase. Witness his sad and valiant end. Completely unique and individually numbered, each cover features one of seven different evolutionary stages, each rendered at a different and unique size – large, small and everything in between! Fans lucky enough to get their hands on this highly collectible variant cover will own a unique piece of Howard history as no two variants are alike!

“The Ant-Man #1 Shrinking Variant was such a successful experiment, we knew we wanted to try it again right away,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Each one of these variants is numbered and completely unique, showcasing a different Howard at a different size. Waugh!”

The Marvel Universe’s most satirical sort returns to work this March in HOWARD THE DUCK #1, the new, in-continuity ongoing series from Chip Zdarsky and artist Joe Quinones! Be there when Howard ventures through the Marvel Universe, trapped in a world he’s grown accustomed to as he takes on She-Hulk, the Black Cat, and mysterious forces from outer space! Maybe even a Guardian of the Galaxy or two.

Be there for Howard’s triumphant return and don’t miss your chance to own this truly unique, one-of-a-kind variant before they’re gone for good! Run, walk, swim or flap your way to your comic shop this March for the HOWARD THE DUCK #1 EVOLUTION OF HOWARD VARIANT!

HOWARD THE DUCK #1 SHRINKING VARIANT (DEC148088)

Written by CHIP ZDARSKY

Art & Cover by JOE QUINONES

Shrinking Variant by CHIP ZDARSKY

FOC – 02/09/15, On Sale – 03/04/15

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

SECRET WARS SPOILERS GUYZ.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Maddpanda531

I actually kinda really want this

Avatar image for moonknightrunner
    MoonKnightRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.... was that Guy Gardner the Duck?

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the punk rock version Howard!!!

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the homage to Willard Huyck's film. These are adorable, looking forward to this.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he doesn't die in secret wars :(

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Haha I like how he has on a "Mighty Ape" jersey. I wonder if Howard really will die in Secret Wars since the tome stone said so. The last one that looks worried about seeing his tome stone is the best one.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By donmeca2020

Yea... i'll be getting into howard the duck. I loved the movie so im sure ill like this.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So each of the seven variants come in an individual-sized variant?

Me confused :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.