Follow

Hourman (Richard Tyler)

Character » Hourman (Richard Tyler) appears in 409 issues.

Rick Tyler is the second Hourman and the son of the original. Richard is a member of the JSA All-Star and he's married to Jesse Chambers.

CW Creating Hourman TV Show

• 114 results
    Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
    TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm down for it!

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I F*CKING LOVE HOURMAN

Also, that issue of JSA Classified was great. :)

Now, for my personal favorite:

Dr. Mid-Nite - give that dude a super-hospital drama. lol

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Lena_Dante

Remember when there was going to be a Wonder Woman show? Hourman is clearly more marketable than she is.

Wonder Woman is too 'tricky'

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By StrangeMan

By the description of the show, I highly doubt they're gonna take it as a superhero show, which is ok, but I can already see a lot of people (obviously incluiding lots of us) who will be dissapointed. That's just from the sinopsis though, but I just can't see this ending up in anything but dissapointment.

But who even knows if this gets made, remember that Booster Gold show? or the Deadman one? or Amazon? or Raven? or Constantine? or Spectre? because I do....

Whatever, I'm still hoping for the best, but right now I just want an HBO produced DC show.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue with having A-list characters appear on TV at the same time as in movies is...well, Marvel is doing the whole TV/Cinematic Universes be one-and-the-same-thing, so it would be a bad marketing move on DC's end if they decided to have a Superman live-action TV show starring one actor, then having the movies starring Cavil or some other actor.

But if you have, say, Arrow tie-in with Man of Steel (or vice versa) even with something as simple as a newspaper headline mentioning the other one or something along those lines. Just something to acknowledge the other ones existence... well, it gives this feeling that Arrow is just as important to the average viewer. If someone watches Man of Steel loves it and then sees Arrow and is like "Meh. Whatever I don't feel the need to watch this show because it has nothing to do with the movies." then they've lost viewers. But if DC tied them together, the casual viewer might find it more important to watch Arrow. And the same rules apply if you reversed it.

Nah.

A superman movie came out while Smallville was still on, it didn't hurt anything.

It's absolutely fine to have a different actor as long as the take on the character is established as different from the movie take.

Fox is making a new show about Gotham, that will feature Gordon but not Bruce, and won't be tied to the movies in any way.

I'm just saying, more shows like that but on HBO, since WB owns HBO.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@muyjingo said:

@lcazt1996 said:

The issue with having A-list characters appear on TV at the same time as in movies is...well, Marvel is doing the whole TV/Cinematic Universes be one-and-the-same-thing, so it would be a bad marketing move on DC's end if they decided to have a Superman live-action TV show starring one actor, then having the movies starring Cavil or some other actor.

But if you have, say, Arrow tie-in with Man of Steel (or vice versa) even with something as simple as a newspaper headline mentioning the other one or something along those lines. Just something to acknowledge the other ones existence... well, it gives this feeling that Arrow is just as important to the average viewer. If someone watches Man of Steel loves it and then sees Arrow and is like "Meh. Whatever I don't feel the need to watch this show because it has nothing to do with the movies." then they've lost viewers. But if DC tied them together, the casual viewer might find it more important to watch Arrow. And the same rules apply if you reversed it.

Nah.

A superman movie came out while Smallville was still on, it didn't hurt anything.

It's absolutely fine to have a different actor as long as the take on the character is established as different from the movie take.

Fox is making a new show about Gotham, that will feature Gordon but not Bruce, and won't be tied to the movies in any way.

I'm just saying, more shows like that but on HBO, since WB owns HBO.

It might not hurt it any, but it certainly doesn't help it.

While Smallville and the Superman movie of that time overlapped (in the real world), at the time nobody had really considered/gone through with the idea of movie/TV crossing over (at least as far as superheroes go).

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LOL, I give it one season.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Interesting spin on the oriignal character. I wonder if they would ever give back the original powers.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MuyJingo

@lcazt1996:

It helps by giving further exposure.

I think it's silly to say that it would hurt it.

Do you think the Gotham show is going to hurt the new Batman movie?

Do you think the Flash show is going to hurt Flash being in a JL movie...assuming he will be?

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
    ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

@lcazt1996 said:

I think that taking over TV (with Agents of SHIELD starting to become less and less liked over time) is the smartest thing DC can do. Its genius.

@alkusanagi said:

Remember when there was going to be a Wonder Woman show? Hourman is clearly more marketable than she is.

Wonder Woman needs to be a movie character.

Smaller-time characters on TV, big time characters on movies.

Smallville? Arrow? The Flash? Shazam!? Wonder Woman? Swamp Thing? Human Target? Birds of Prey?

Those characters weren't too big for tv before, so...?

Batman almost had a Smallville type show as well...

Yeah, and about half of the shows didn't do so well. Bigger characters have a better chance on the big screen because they don't need to convince the audience how powerful they are. Smaller characters need time to convince an audience, which is why they seem to do better in television series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@smart_dork_dude: Wasn't your comment more enthusiastic than mine about this for the sole reason of a JSA appearance? The Question showing up would be nice.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@lvenger: To begin with yes, but after I had some time to think about it, this is a rather odd choice. Still JSA FTW!!!!!!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Vaeternus

@lcazt1996: that's easy to say when your batman has had how many tv shows and wonder woman has only had ONE and NO animated series. no no. she needs a live action series, movie and animated series. you had your fun now its OUR TIME

I hope she shows up in Superman-Batman, at least as a Cameo.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@lcazt1996: you are the one automatically assuming instead of going by what i said: i never ONCE mentioned anything about gender, i said BATMAN, the character not MEN. and i think wonder woman needs the same over exposure and attention they are giving to the guys since that is all they are showing from not just both studios (marvel and dc) but hollywood in general. (now i brought gender into) in the words of billie jean, fair is fair, and honey that aint fair. the only female super hero movies we have are supergirl from the 80s its time for a BIG change

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lcazt1996: you are the one automatically assuming instead of going by what i said: i never ONCE mentioned anything about gender, i said BATMAN, the character not MEN. and i think wonder woman needs the same over exposure and attention they are giving to the guys since that is all they are showing from not just both studios (marvel and dc) but hollywood in general. (now i brought gender into) in the words of billie jean, fair is fair, and honey that aint fair. the only female super hero movies we have are supergirl from the 80s its time for a BIG change

You said, and I quote, "you had your fun now its OUR TIME". How exactly am I supposed to take that besides it being all about gender?

Also, you're still assuming that I don't agree that Wonder Woman needs the same overexposure.

It seems to me like you have a very radical view on how these things need to be done. As though they shouldn't coexist. The way you're wording it, it sounds like you're saying Batman needs to stop having movies and tv shows and INSTEAD Wonder Woman needs to have a show and/or movie(s). Thats ridiculous because Batman has been shown to be profitable. If you want a good Wonder Woman movie to happen, it would be happening with the money from one of those lucrative Batman movies.

My view is that they need to have an equal amount of exposure. Maybe instead of a Batman animated series or a Wonder Woman animated series, they have a Justice League animated series which prominently features them both, along with many other DC properties who probably can't support their own tv shows. Maybe Wonder Woman can have a cameo in the Superman/Batman (Batman vs. Superman, Batman/Superman, Superman vs. Batman, whatever you wanna call it) movie. That would be a good way to introduce her because many people would likely be going to see that movie.

Also, you're wrong about there being just a Supergirl movie. As far as movies go, there is at least one more that I can think of off the top of my head. When it comes to tv shows, Wonder Woman had a fantastic show for a while back then. And in the early 2000s she and Hawkgirl were prominently featured in Justice League.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I would prefer an all JSA show based on Geoff Johns' AMAZING run, but this might not suck.

Hourman is cool, but the whole "seeing future events and trying to prevent them" is a little too 'Sci-Fi channel overdid that concept to death'. They should stick to the basic. Hourman has super strength for an hour, so he must make every second count!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.