Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1425 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Why doesn't she use her power?

newxfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By newxfactor

Her power it's confirmed as an omega, right? So, why don't train her and let she use her power? Her power is cool enough to be shown. I don't say it is the best, but I think mutants should use their powers, not guns...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

She does?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

yeah i haven't seen her use it in a while, however i don't read her book, but she popped up in schism and didn't use it and hasn't in any previews either. she's always carrying around a cannon like gun

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

She has trouble using them. It's hard for her to use and they burn out fast. 
    Over time she will grow in ability to use them.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daycrawler

@Dernman said:

She has trouble using them. It's hard for her to use and they burn out fast. Over time she will grow in ability to use them.

Indeed. Plus, in the last issue prior to the Fear Itself arc in New Mutants, she talks to X-Man about how she's still not comfortable using her new powers and still prefers to use/rely on the weapons and combat training that Cable gave her for years before her powers manifested.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @BlackArmor Fear Itself
    duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By duchess
    Uncanny X-Men 541
    Uncanny X-Men 541
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

Her costume and powers remind me of Rogue

newxfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By newxfactor
    @Duchess: I'm meaning, why don't they use her powers like in this scene every time she fights? SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    , and with the Phoenix Force with her, she could be able to rule the world, definetly, she has to train her powers, not her skills with guns.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jordama

@newxfactor said:

@Duchess: I'm meaning, why don't they use her powers like in this scene every time she fights? SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    When she is fighting versus the Sentinel in Schism #5 (I think is this one, in Spain it's not in shops yet) she is around a lot of mutants, she could destroy the sentinel in a matter of seconds
    , and with the Phoenix Force with her, she could be able to rule the world, definetly, she has to train her powers, not her skills with guns.

Because she passes out after a while of using her powers. She was also trained by Cable in firearms, so she doesn't have to rely on her powers.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By lorex

@jordama: I agree Hopes first instince it to go for her gun, only reciently have her powers manifested. Being raised by Cable in some pretty horrible future timelines, not to mention a very determined Bishop trying to kill her. She is like a military brat raised in a warzone.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XsPectre28

She Was Trained By Cable, & He Never Relied On His Mutant Power. Cable Only Used His Powers( when he had them) As A Last Resort.... Think Hope Feels The Same, Plus Her Using Her Powers Is Whats Gonna Cause The Phoenix Force To Return

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

Her powers are, honestly, a little stupid. So she's a psychic/telepath like Jean? Not really? So she's a hard-nosed, gun-toting survivalist like Cable? Not really? So she's a power stealer like Rogue or Mimic? Still not exactly? So she's got the Phoenix Force? Not yet?

Lame. Every time she manifests new powers suddenly to save the day it just feels like deus ex machina.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yumulu

@fodigg said:

Lame. Every time she manifests new powers suddenly to save the day it just a deus ex machina.

Fixed, and well writers usually don't really know what to do with god-like overpowered character so they gave her a gun and the fatigue thing.

Can't wait for her to turn evil, get killed, resurrected and then killed again.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fodigg

@Yumulu said:

@fodigg said:

Lame. Every time she manifests new powers suddenly to save the day it just a deus ex machina.

Fixed

Pet peeve or something?

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By fACEmelter88

She can use the power of any mutant around her but I bet in time she won't have be close to anyone to use their power and she will eventually be able to channel the power of any mutant alive but that's my theory. She probably doesn't use her powers because Cable trained her to be a soldier and to rely on her wits, fists and weapons like he did, though he had powers but did not use them or rely on them.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yumulu

@fodigg: I don't know a pet peeve would mean that I am one of the few that think that way... and well Hope isn't one of the most liked character.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Yumulu said:

@fodigg said:

Fixed, and well writers usually don't really know what to do with god-like overpowered character so they gave her a gun and the fatigue thing.

Can't wait for her to turn evil, get killed, resurrected and then killed again.

Same thing goes for Gentle, in-fact they made it so that he'll die if he keeps on using them as he could reach Hulk levels. (Off Topic. Just saying)

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Baddamdog

She used them in Uncanny X-Men #1....which was released yesterday...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fodigg

@Yumulu said:

@fodigg: I don't know a pet peeve would mean that I am one of the few that think that way... and well Hope isn't one of the most liked character.

Does it? I thought pet peeve was just about how often you feel the need to speak up about something than if it were common or not. It just seemed odd to call out a small typo and wondered if that was a common one that bothered you. I wasn't actually talking about the Hope thing in that reply.

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yumulu

@fodigg: Oh that, I did not see any typo( I am not good enough in english to correct people). It just that you said that it feelled like a deus ex machina and in my opinion it does not feel like one it is a deus ex machina... if that make sense.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I have not seen her use her powers that much either but maybe as time goes on she will use her power more and more

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fodigg

@Yumulu: Ah okay. I wasn't sure what you meant because grammatically your correction was correct. So I thought you were just correcting a typo and I didn't catch any further meaning. I see what you're saying now though.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @lykopis: Yeah they seem to be running out of ideas for her power wise loool
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moywar700

it's true she used her powers in uncanny 1# but it was nothing impressive, all she did was copy emm'a power to talk to people mentally

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.