Why does hope have control over the 5 lights?

Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

its odd , creepy & pathetic if your the one who's being controlled by a teenaged girl with control issues lol

there is something different about them and its no secret they share a bond but why are they controlled by hope? its like they have to spend there entire life in servitude to her. well except for Oya hope Let her go. but why? is it due to the fact she awakened there ability's or what?

#1 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure they've yet to properly explain how she is able to control the other Lights, but it seems to be tied to her mysterious link to the Phoenix Force.

My guess is that the phoenix force is somehow responsible for kick-starting the mutant race again, but each new mutant needs to be stabilised by the Pheonix's current avatar - Hope. For some reason, the phoenix force within hope is still growing an developing. Hope has probably gathered together all the fragments of phoenix force from the Cuckoos, Marvel Girl, etc and this has got the Phoenix Force's attention, which is why it's heading to earth. This will likely be why Hope is a source of conflict between the X-Men and Avengers this summer.

That's my theory anyway!

#2 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: that is a very good theory it makes perfect sense actually

#3 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@Daycrawler: that is a very good theory it makes perfect sense actually

Cheers. Very little I say usually makes sense.

I also think that, since Hope's power is to basically mimic other mutant's powers, that is basically what she's doing with the Phoenix Force. If you think of the Phoenix Force as a cosmic-scale mutant, then Hope is basically feeding off the fragments of the force that she's already collected. This has established some sort of connection with Hope which is compelling the Phoenix Force to return to Earth, just like the Lights are compelled to be around Hope and do what she says. The control/connection is only broken when Hope says it is.

I know that Hope was in the future with Cable when the first traces of the Phoenix were shown and that all the Phoenix fragments left the Cuckoos, Rachel, etc before she returned to the present. However, the Phoenix force is a cosmic entity that can travel the time stream - I think it can anyway. I'm sure that Rachel originally gained her Phoenix powers when the force notice her in the time stream / 'days of future past' future. Need to check on that! Could be a deal breaker for my theory. Plus I don't know where the Scarlet Witch fits into all this!

#4 Posted by Ivyphoenix17 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

w8, you said that Hope was the one who gathered all the fragments of the Phoenix? Isn't it Jean Grey was the one who gathered it? and besides when the Phoenix fragment was lost from Rachel, she shouted "no mother!!!" or something like that which pertains to Jean Grey who had called all the Phoenix fragment after gaining the title as the White Phoenix of the Crown. If your theory is correct, therefore Jean Grey is really back in the form of Hope Summers?

I

#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, i knew she controlled them but not to this extent. where is this from?

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

How i pity the next new mutants that blink into existence.

#7 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ivyphoenix17: she does kinda look like jean... plus shes strong like jean... she has a connection to the Phoenix force like jean... & like jean she doesn't like emma. so yea i think she might be jean lol

@DEGRAAF: its from generation hope the newest comic

#8 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Hope promised them they won't get sent to comic book limbo if they just do what she tells them to, considering how lame most of them are it was for survival

#9 Posted by snyderman567 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

She is on her period.

#10 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV: thats a very good point. the only light i found remotely interesting was Kenji he seems to have potential as a supervillian

#11 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ivyphoenix17 said:

w8, you said that Hope was the one who gathered all the fragments of the Phoenix? Isn't it Jean Grey was the one who gathered it? and besides when the Phoenix fragment was lost from Rachel, she shouted "no mother!!!" or something like that which pertains to Jean Grey who had called all the Phoenix fragment after gaining the title as the White Phoenix of the Crown. If your theory is correct, therefore Jean Grey is really back in the form of Hope Summers?

I

Damn, there goes my theory! Or at least, I hope my theory isn't correct, as I don't want Hope somehow turning out to be Jean. That would be a crap way to bring Jean back.

You're right, Jean started collecting all the phoenix fragment in Phoenix - Endsong apparently. Haven't read that mini, but have seen other people mention this.

#12 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@WarMachineMarkV: thats a very good point. the only light i found remotely interesting was Kenji he seems to have potential as a supervillian

Indeed that or he dies but we need more villains so more likely one of the others Teon and Gabriel seem most likely.

#13 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez Hope needs to chill out

#14 Posted by frozenedge (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Teon seems to devoted to Hope to go against. Gabriel might decide to be a villain since he's running out of time to do things. Kenji or Transonic might be the best choice because if I remember right they were planing something against Hope

#15 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: the'll probably betray her at some point

#16 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are doing that soon

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleedingcool spotted that Generation Hope was not listed as to having a solicitation for April, AvX might just spell the end for the mess that is The Five Lights.

#18 Posted by frozenedge (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: I hope so. She needs to get slapped around soon so she can stop acting all high and mighty

#19 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Yea HOPEfully it does lol

@frozenedge: I agree I mean in away its not really her fault that shes like that tho everyones calling her the messiah , dieing for her & giving her special treatment eventually all that has to go to her head. the most interesting thing tho is people expect her to be the messiah... but based on her spoiled attitude & what we see on this picture i posted shes most likely gonna becomes a destroyer. she doesnt seem to have the heart of a good guy shes self centered controlling. so what happens when you give someone like that the phoenix force? A house of Summers alternate reality lol

#20 Posted by frozenedge (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: I don't even consider her the messiah of mutantkind. Now that Wanda's back with her powers, she's basically taken Hope's role as messiah of mutants. I won't say she doesn't have the heart of a good guy, its just that from what I've seen, she's acting too arrogant about herself for it to be seen a lot. Lol at the house of Summers reality, that wouldn't be good. Just a bunch of people with the last name Summers and Grey running around with power they don't know how to control (excluding Alex Summers)

#21 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: well wanda might still have her powers i mean we would have to wait to the end of childerns crusade to be sure cause something might change. and yea the summers / grey family is pretty huge marvel always has events so it mabey lol

#22 Posted by frozenedge (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: That would just be stupid if they had Wanda repower a few mutants then she loses her powers again. So since it doesn't make much sense for that to happen, it might just happen lol.

#23 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

I'm pretty sure they've yet to properly explain how she is able to control the other Lights, but it seems to be tied to her mysterious link to the Phoenix Force.

My guess is that the phoenix force is somehow responsible for kick-starting the mutant race again, but each new mutant needs to be stabilised by the Pheonix's current avatar - Hope. For some reason, the phoenix force within hope is still growing an developing. Hope has probably gathered together all the fragments of phoenix force from the Cuckoos, Marvel Girl, etc and this has got the Phoenix Force's attention, which is why it's heading to earth. This will likely be why Hope is a source of conflict between the X-Men and Avengers this summer.

That's my theory anyway!

I was thinking around the same theory except I think that Hope is the last piece of the fragments that were missing and thats why the phoenix force is coming back; I can't remember exactly where it was stated but Jean is suppose to be collecting the fragments in the white hot room

#24 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

simply put she is the reason for them even starting up when hope gets the pheonix force i pray that she reverses the effects of m day

#25 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Their balls

#26 Posted by River_Tam (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Their balls

......seriously?

#27 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@River_Tam: After seeing the panel at the top of this thread, mind as well.

#28 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@frozenedge: the'll probably betray her at some point

They'll probably NEED to betray her soon when she finally completely loses it and tries to reshape the world in her own image or something. I really, really want someone to lay her out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.