Who like her?

#1 Edited by kai95 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

HOPE WAS THE STAR CHARACTER WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SIT AND DEAL WITH CUZ WE DIDN'T KNOW. BUT DO U LIKE HER NOW? 

SHE TOTALLY WON ME OVER WHEN SHE FOUGHT MOONSTAR ;)  (I THINK SHE WON) 

#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Hope, can't wait to see more of her.

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hope. She's lived a much harder life than many of the X-Men, which they don't even really consider for the most part. I'm looking forward to seeing things from her perspective in the future. All her life she was told about the X-Men by Cable, and now she's with them, and it's not what she thought. It will be interesting to see how she handles it from now on. I want her to stay mad at Cyclops though. The fact that she resents him sits well with me for some reason.

#4 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
 I want her to stay mad at Cyclops though. The fact that she resents him sits well with me for some reason. "
LOL.

Poor Scott Summers.
#5 Edited by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:

" I like Hope. She's lived a much harder life than many of the X-Men, which they don't even really consider for the most part. I'm looking forward to seeing things from her perspective in the future. All her life she was told about the X-Men by Cable, and now she's with them, and it's not what she thought. It will be interesting to see how she handles it from now on. I want her to stay mad at Cyclops though. The fact that she resents him sits well with me for some reason. "

I agree Hope has had a much more difficult life than most of the X-Men, and that takes some doing. She has literally been on the run for her whole life and this is her first chance in a while to establish some new relationships with people, friend or otherwise. So far what we have seen of Hope I have liked. She was raised by Cable (a personal favorite of mine) who prepared her from the time she could crawl to be a soldier. I would like to see how she reacts to the world now that she is not constantly running for her life. Hopefully her journey to Alaska to search for relatives will allow for more  personality to come forward than we have seen so far.
#6 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like her.  The only way they could ruin her at this point, IMO at least, is make her Jean Grey.  That's be super weak.  If they want to make her the next host for the Phoenix Force then cool, as long as they don't make her Jean 2.0

#7 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

couldnt care less about her

#8 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing her decimate Bastion, yeah

#9 Posted by tempest x (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

"
i agree... a mary sue imo.
#10 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

She is pretty cool, all the war training of Cable mixed in with the unassuming appearance, its fun to watch her go off the handle 

#12 Posted by Fresh0133 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really been digging her character, I can't wait for Generation Hope to start, should interesting to see where they go with her from this point and how she reacts to the 616  Marvel U.
#13 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio

She is awesome, compared to Jean 

#14 Posted by Squares (6510 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy unessential capitalization, Batman!
I like her.

#15 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hope. She's sweet, but she's also tough like her dad.
I think Emma's afraid of her...

#16 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:

#17 Edited by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron_Lad: The fact that Emma is afraid of Hope makes Hope more adorable.
#18 Posted by frozenedge (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not that big a fan of Hope. Everybody had this whole idea that she was going to revive the mutant race but all she's done is help five new mutants control their powers. She seems kind of stuck up to me. I don't know why but she just irks me a lot. Maybe because she's a Summers/Gray kid and they're all overrated. The only interesting thing about her is that she was raised by Cable and yet she still turns into a whining little brat. Her only job was to possibly revive the mutant race or something and she couldn't even do that. They should've just kept her in the future and let Scarlet Witch do what she needs to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.