Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Vunerabilities?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I was just thinking about Hope's power and rereading all the theories surrounding her existence and familial ties and it got me wondering. What are her vunerabilities? Can she be possesses by say someone like the Shadowking or Elias Bogan or some other powerful telepath or is she immune to psychic attacks? Does she lack control of her powers thus making her a danger and liability as much as a help to whatever team she may be in? Just wondering. Any thoughts?

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By youmessinwithme

He weakness is plot induced stupidity.

if they ever let her use multiple omega levels powers at the same time she'd be invincible to every one but very high order cosmic beings.

instead... she needs a jet pack just to fly most of the time....

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if she can be possessed.....I don't recall her ever going up against an evil telepath, but my experience with the character is mainly CaXF (love it and hate its going away...) From what I've read, sometimes she doesn't have a lot of skill with the powers she absorbs, but they're not out of control either. She's skilled with using TK and some forms of TP (mind bullets) but mind control was a struggle for her when she fought the Reavers. She admitted that if they weren't all idiots, she might not have won, because mind control "wasn't as easy as it looked".

Her biggest vulnerability seems to be the fact that she has to have another mutant around to leech power from. Her only power is to mimic, she's just like a baseline human otherwise, same durability, reflexes, etc. Its only her training and bravery that allows her to fight and win when there's no one to borrow powers from. Hopeless is doing a great job with Hope, he's not writing her like God Mode Sue, she has to use her brain as well as her powers and he really does a good job of explaining her motivations. Unfortunately, its coming to an end in January and I don't know if they'll kill her or send her to Limbo.....I haven't been able to find out what's happening to her or most of the other characters.

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can be possessed, Stryfe did it in an attempt to kill her. He failed, he sucks at life.

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XxeroOne

control over the power that she is mimicking is a vulnerability. Just because she mimics someones power doesnt mean that she has the same degree of control or know's how to use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.