New Theory

• 59 results
#51 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Your theory doesn't hold together.

#52 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty *Sighs* Is it really so hard for them to have an awesome original character and NOT screw it up?
#53 Posted by twilightend (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the possibilty of the Sinister/Pryor connection, I just find the fact that she wields the Phoenix Force now, when it was stated that Jean is and will be the most complete host combination with the Phoenix Force. I mean she has been named th White Phoenix of the Crown, so with that level of combination, why start all over with a new host? As a newborn her prescence cause Cerebra to explode, Hope's detection by other psychics seemed impossible. As a small child she was proficient in hand to hand combat and survival skills, and twin emblems of the phoenix Raptor appeared in her eyes. As a teen she showed breif glimpses of differnet powers, and it wasn't until she fought Bastion, that she kicked it into high gear. Her mom was never specifically stated to be a mutant, and we don't know who her biological dad is. Maybe, just maybe(I believe) she is a product of the Phoenix Force itself.
#54 Posted by SC (12698 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see this playing out for one main reason. Current X-Editorial doesn't like overly complicated and continuity heavy characters running around, and I know that this is the X-Men, and half the characters they have a walking and talking complicated jumbles of continuity but I cite Rachel Grey and various credible sources on why she was left out of the X-Trilogy we had in recent years surrounding Hope. So I do think they are treating Hope as a new character, just trying to bond her to various other X-characters and X-Themes quickly, but nothing as complicated as adding cloning or Sinister or Maddy, and all that.  

Though, that just might be wishful thinking on my part *shrugs*

#55 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: How so? 

@SC: You could be right. 
#56 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a idea. What if hope is Jean Gray reincarnated?

#57 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Illyana Rasputin and I were talking and a new theory was formulated.

I'm stating for the record that I HATE this theory, I think it's a badly contrived plot device and I hope to the comic book gods that it's not the direction that they're going in. So, here it is:

What if Hope isn't related to/ a reincarnation of Jean, but Madelyne instead (with Sinister having his hand in it as well)? If you think about it, it makes sense (at least it does to me).
  • Relationship with Cable - Cable is Maddy's son and is the adoptive father of Hope.
  • Alaska - Where is Maddy from? Oh yeah, Alaska.
  • The Marauders - If you've read Messiah CompleX (which I really hope you have, it was amazing. Fantastic art, great story), then you know that the Marauders were present in Alaska. Who's team is that again? Sinister's.
  • Phoenix Force - It seems that if you're a redheaded X-Man, you're going to get the Phoenix Force. Maddy, Jean and Rachel have all wielded it and it is now confirmed (after months of blatant hints) that Hope is.
  • The End of All - It is said by Bishop, that Hope will be the end of all, the destroyer, the one responsible for what happens to mutant kind (being put in camps). I could see that coming to fruition if Sinister gets his hands on her and she doesn't break free.

- This is easily one of the best thought out theories I have seen, kudos

- If your looking for the event that ends the Schism, this very well could be it, nothing like the threat of a Maddie clone/ Dark Phoenix to make everyone put grudges aside.

- I just want the endless cycle of Phoenix appearances to end, the story has been done into the ground. They can bring a Phoenix-less Jean back, coming back from the dead is a lot more acceptable when cosmic beings are involved

#58 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Omega_Prime
Here is a idea. What if hope is Jean Gray reincarnated?
Terrible idea.

@WarMachineMarkV Thanks!
#59 Posted by darklight78 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

What if hope is the daughter of Necrom(anti-phoenix) or she a "phoenix booby trap" of Necrom. we neve se the corpse and if the anti-phoenix is a portino of the PF in a corpse and jean with the Pf can comeback (in someway) why not necrom, he is more skilled, more dark, and is one of the "fathers" of the phoenix force.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.