Illyana Rasputin and I were talking and a new theory was formulated.
I'm stating for the record that I HATE this theory, I think it's a badly contrived plot device and I hope to the comic book gods that it's not the direction that they're going in. So, here it is:
What if Hope isn't related to/ a reincarnation of Jean, but Madelyne instead (with Sinister having his hand in it as well)? If you think about it, it makes sense (at least it does to me).
- Relationship with Cable - Cable is Maddy's son and is the adoptive father of Hope.
- Alaska - Where is Maddy from? Oh yeah, Alaska.
- The Marauders - If you've read Messiah CompleX (which I really hope you have, it was amazing. Fantastic art, great story), then you know that the Marauders were present in Alaska. Who's team is that again? Sinister's.
- Phoenix Force - It seems that if you're a redheaded X-Man, you're going to get the Phoenix Force. Maddy, Jean and Rachel have all wielded it and it is now confirmed (after months of blatant hints) that Hope is.
- The End of All - It is said by Bishop, that Hope will be the end of all, the destroyer, the one responsible for what happens to mutant kind (being put in camps). I could see that coming to fruition if Sinister gets his hands on her and she doesn't break free.