Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Is Hope Summers Becoming What Bishop 'FEAR'-ed (see what I did)?

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Osiris1428

Or would that make the character more interesting for to become evil, or cause great harm willing or unwittingly?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

No. I think it would make peope speculate even more about any possible ties to Jean and be completely unoriginal.

Nice play on words btw.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am hoping Bishop didn't actually Fear that and was actually uhm... fake chasing after her and wanting to kill her, in order to help mentally and physically toughen her up... but oh, there was this Bishop robot, that did all the bad things he did for which its harder to excuse... yeah... yep...  and uhm... would be okay if Hope sorta just kept as is, sorta like the Red Headed Kitty, until Scott snaps one day and goes to Alaska after realizing Hope is just a normal mutant girl and everyone just placed way too much expectation on her. 

And yes I did see what you did there lol

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Osiris1428
    @SC said:
    " I am hoping Bishop didn't actually Fear that and was actually uhm... fake chasing after her and wanting to kill her, in order to help mentally and physically toughen her up... but oh, there was this Bishop robot, that did all the bad things he did for which its harder to excuse... yeah... yep...  and uhm... would be okay if Hope sorta just kept as is, sorta like the Red Headed Kitty, until Scott snaps one day and goes to Alaska after realizing Hope is just a normal mutant girl and everyone just placed way too much expectation on her.  And yes I did see what you did there lol "
    I just am not interested in this Hope chick, and I HOPE (oops, I did it again,lol) Bishop can come back as an X-Man. I mean, Namor has a couple of thousand deaths under his belt, right? And Magneto-don't get me started.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Osiris1428: Namor sorta does. Technically most of his worst was out of continuity. I know what you mean though. I want Forge back as well. *grrr Marvel*  

I like Hope myself. I shouldn't!! I hate Messiah Complex, and Fraction and Brubakers writing and over powered characters, and Phoenix Force, but I just do (like her). Have you read her in the Cable book? I am a sucker for kids who get raised in that sort of environment. Hope is kinda like a less annoying John Conner. (One Terminator guarding her with another Terminator hunting her though time, and like the original script, they decided to make the bad evil Terminator the black guy! *lol inside joke reference, your savvy, you probably know Oj Simpson was suppose to be the original Terminator*)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think she's becoming what Bishop feared but she's already become what I've feared... a MASSIVE let down.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osiris1428
    @SC said:
    " @Osiris1428: Namor sorta does. Technically most of his worst was out of continuity. I know what you mean though. I want Forge back as well. *grrr Marvel*   I like Hope myself. I shouldn't!! I hate Messiah Complex, and Fraction and Brubakers writing and over powered characters, and Phoenix Force, but I just do (like her). Have you read her in the Cable book? I am a sucker for kids who get raised in that sort of environment. Hope is kinda like a less annoying John Conner. (One Terminator guarding her with another Terminator hunting her though time, and like the original script, they decided to make the bad evil Terminator the black guy! *lol inside joke reference, your savvy, you probably know Oj Simpson was suppose to be the original Terminator*) "
    OJ SIMPSON WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ORIGINAL TERMINATOR?!?!?! NO WAY,LOL!!! I did not know that-that's hilarious! But, no. I wasn't into the Messiah Complex once I heard that Bishop was chasing a kid through time trying to kill her. I already had enough with him joining the SHRA, and the writers just looking over the fact that he saved the X-Men from Onslaught, played a major heroic role in AoA, and in his mini-series, they took care of the incident of the message that Jean Grey gives about the X-Traitor that Bishop sees in the future prior coming to the present, and why Bishop thought that the traitor was Gambit. But after all that, they make Bishop a lunatic...or was he *dun dun DUN*
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I don't think she's becoming what Bishop feared but she's already become what I've feared... a MASSIVE let down. "
    lol
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Osiris1428:  lol, its pretty funny right. James Cameron didn't think he people would buy him as a killer though. I have not been a fan of the plots of X-Men events for ages. I have to like rely on X-Factor and well yeah. Not sure why they decided to deconstruct Bishop so bad. Morrison and Pad write him pretty interestingly. 
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Osiris1428

Hey, did you ever get the feeling that a lot of the X-Men writers were Cyclops fanboys, and didn't like the way he was portrayed in the movies, so they focused so much on his character in the comics?

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osiris1428
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I don't think she's becoming what Bishop feared but she's already become what I've feared... a MASSIVE let down. "
    Yeah. Did anybody buy in of the 5 Lights Generation Hope stuff?
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @xerox-kitty said:
    lmfao SECONDED, she lost all my interest after her powers manifested and cable died
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_
    @Osiris1428 said:
    " Hey, did you ever get the feeling that a lot of the X-Men writers were Cyclops fanboys, and didn't like the way he was portrayed in the movies, so they focused so much on his character in the comics? "
    FRACTION. 
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Osiris1428
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Osiris1428 said:
    " Hey, did you ever get the feeling that a lot of the X-Men writers were Cyclops fanboys, and didn't like the way he was portrayed in the movies, so they focused so much on his character in the comics? "
    FRACTION.  "
    EXACTLY!!!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.