I hate Hope but is Generation Hope good?

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds crazy I know but I havent read Generation Hope because I hate Hope (I hate the Phoenix thing and how it's alluded to be so powerful but absolutely has no feats and is very unimpressive to me) but Im willing to set aside that hate and try out Gen Hope, infact I want to give Gen Hope a try so I can actually like Hope. So tell me is it good? Cause now Im curious.

#2 Posted by The Stegman (23918 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like hope either...and the series started off "meh" but it's been gettin better

#3 Posted by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty good. Some moments it's really well executed, other times it just falls flat. Honestly, it depends on who writes for her.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get back to it when they actually start using some of the recruits and go BACK to finding lights (I'll be picking up #17 just for the fun of it !.), ATM it's complete BS and a waste of my time IMO, i mean the writings stepped up but since Idie's left for me it's all gone down hill, especially with them bringing Pixie into the team along with finding Shaw, which was so un-called for. To each his own though.

#5 Posted by snyderman567 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Its okay. I say you should borrow most of the issues from someone who has them

#6 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I'll get back to it when they actually start using some of the recruits and go BACK to finding lights (I'll be picking up #17 just for the fun of it !.), ATM it's complete BS and a waste of my time IMO, i mean the writings stepped up but since Idie's left for me it's all gone down hill, especially with them bringing Pixie into the team along with finding Shaw, which was so un-called for. To each his own though.

I agree we suffer through House of M and assorted Aftermath and Gen Hope has given us a grand total of 7 New Mutants with one dead and one too young to be useful. So basically we got 5. The book is not delivering on finding new lights and I doubt it will at all until our event.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.