How old is she?

#1 Posted by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is she?

#2 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

She is a child of about 4 or 5 years old. 

#3 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"She's 7."
He's right she is 7 or 8. but I think 7 is more accurate
#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what happened to my post, but yes, she is stated to be 7 in Cable #11.

#5 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

yes seven whoooo

#6 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Not sure what happened to my post, but yes, she is stated to be 7 in Cable #11."
In Cable #12 he said it was about day 1528. That is a little over 4 years. 
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

for 4 or 5, her inner monologues are stellar.

#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"In Cable #12 he said it was about day 1528. That is a little over 4 years. "
The days do not start at her birth. They start when he enters New Liberty. Hope says she is 7 in #11.
#9 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.... I will check that. I will be right back. 

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Trust me, I already checked it.

#11 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. You are correct. He did not start counting until he left New Liberty. Hope also said in issue #11 that she is 7. 

#12 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

well, if you start from when she was born and the current year she is living in, she hundreds of years old. :) Time travel must be a pain in the record systems.
#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" well, if you start from when she was born and the current year she is living in, she hundreds of years old. :) Time travel must be a pain in the record systems. "
Pfft, you think Beast can't just carbon date her real quick during her physical? Please.
#14 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to figure it out, but it got confusing. I think she was nine during Messiah War. Now, I think she's about... 14? 16? I'm really not sure. Somewhere during Messiah Complex to now they forget to tell us and help us keep track. The current arc I think lasted for 3 - 4 years. She was stuck in the city for two years (or was it only two years for Cable...) and then two or so years in space.

#15 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" I tried to figure it out, but it got confusing. I think she was nine during Messiah War. Now, I think she's about... 14? 16? I'm really not sure. Somewhere during Messiah Complex to now they forget to tell us and help us keep track. The current arc I think lasted for 3 - 4 years. She was stuck in the city for two years (or was it only two years for Cable...) and then two or so years in space. "
She was thirteen when Cable saved her from the Brood I believe. 
#16 Edited by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me think. She was nine in Messiah War (that means she was in Stryfe's "world" for two years, I think. Wasn't she seven in the previous arc?). She spent two years in the city until Cable "caught up." Two years I think they were in space. Yeah, 13. 

How old is she now?  I'm guessing around 14-15 since the escape pod's hibernation system was malfunctioning, and I think they traveled for two years. I say 14 because I think they said she slipped in and out of hibernation, so she could have slept a total of a year or half a year. 15 would mean she was hardly in hibernation.

PS: Sorry, I'm glitching. I can't reply or quote anyone.

#17 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Let me think. She was nine in Messiah War (that means she was in Stryfe's "world" for two years, I think. Wasn't she seven in the previous arc?). She spent two years in the city until Cable "caught up." Two years I think they were in space. Yeah, 13.   How old is she now?  I'm guessing around 14-15 since the escape pod's hibernation system was malfunctioning, and I think they traveled for two years. I say 14 because I think they said she slipped in and out of hibernation, so she could have slept a total of a year or half a year. 15 would mean she was hardly in hibernation. PS: Sorry, I'm glitching. I can't reply or quote anyone. "
Even with the slipping in and out of hibernation she would still have to be around 13. To make it to 14 she would have had to have been awake for months. If that happened, she probably would have starved to death. So my guess was that upon leaving the pod, her body was still at 13ish. 
#18 Edited by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think the same. However, the artist drew her as if she aged. Now, I considered the starving thing too,  but.... 

How long was she out of the pod?

#19 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" I would think the same. However, the artist drew her as if she aged. Now, I considered the starving thing too,  but....   How long was she out of the pod? "
I have not read any issues after they escape the Brood so I do not know. 
#20 Edited by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah. Still, all things considered - mainly due to how she's portrayed - she could be 16. But I'm not sure. 

PS: On a somewhat related note: Cable was better during and before Messiah War. I just haven't liked it after that.

#21 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I would give this a bump since it is a discussion in another thread. 

#22 Posted by warlock360 (27976 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave the thinking to the horses, they're the ones with the bigger brains.

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt she like 16 or 17 now?
#24 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio

I am just curious about it because when she escaped the brood, she was 13. When she gets done traveling in space, she is still physically 13 even though she was traveling for 2 years because she was in suspended animation. Are there references to a passing of time since waking from the space slumber?

#25 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

She is 17 now

#26 Posted by Erik (31480 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" She is 17 now "
See above post.  
#27 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

wait how is she seventeen now??? PLEASE EXPLAIN LOL

#28 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man of Lengend: Time travel. Simple as that!

#29 Posted by shashalopez (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she is 6 or 7 years old.

#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

@shashalopez said:

I think she is 6 or 7 years old.

How on Earth did you reach this conclusion?

#31 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Bwa-haha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.