Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Hope Summers vs Rachel Grey

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Just read X-men Legecy 262, where Hope comes to the rescue. Rachel is in the battle too and I have seen no interaction between these two. I am interested in seeing what kind of powers Hope will leech off of Rachel (of the phoenix variety?) But also how these two will interact? Good, bad, violent.....phoenix involvment?

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Chesapeake

This is an excellent question. I want to see what happend to rachel when the Phoenix force comes back . Why did it leave her?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@Chesapeake said:

This is an excellent question. I want to see what happend to rachel when the Phoenix force comes back . Why did it leave her?

The pieces of the Phoenix have been leaving all of it's hosts (the Phoenix Blade, Rachel and the Stepford Cuckoos), save for Hope Summers and traveling back to the White Hot Room (we assume) to become whole again.

@leigh_rogue888: Rachel no longer has the Phoenix. The most that Hope could hope to leech off of her would be her vast telekinetic and telepathic skills and in the case that they ever actually fought each other, I'd be putting my money on Rachel.

As for how they interact, I'm honestly not sure. Rachel tends to come down more on the Grey side of things lately (as in she holds more sentiment towards her mother than her father, even going so far as to change her last name from Summers to Grey) and she, like everybody on the Westchester side of things, dislikes how Scott has been using children as soldiers. It REALLY doesn't help his case in the instance you're referring to, because he sends the children to fight Exodus, who is pretty much a teambuster depending on how he's written.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Chesapeake said:

The pieces of the Phoenix have been leaving all of it's hosts (the Phoenix Blade, Rachel and the Stepford Cuckoos), save for Hope Summers and traveling back to the White Hot Room (we assume) to become whole again.

@leigh_rogue888: Rachel no longer has the Phoenix. The most that Hope could hope to leech off of her would be her vast telekinetic and telepathic skills and in the case that they ever actually fought each other, I'd be putting my money on Rachel.

As for how they interact, I'm honestly not sure. Rachel tends to come down more on the Grey side of things lately (as in she holds more sentiment towards her mother than her father, even going so far as to change her last name from Summers to Grey) and she, like everybody on the Westchester side of things, dislikes how Scott has been using children as soldiers. It REALLY doesn't help his case in the instance you're referring to, because he sends the children to fight Exodus, who is pretty much a teambuster depending on how he's written.

It wasn't exactly stated anywhere that Scott himself selected those children to fight Exodus, in the issue itself, Rogue said that she sent a call out to Utopia warning them of his coming, the Recruits and The Lights were probably the ones who got to the message itself.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By leigh_rogue888

@The Dark Huntress: I knew that Rachel doesn't have the Phoenix BUT she has the years of experience, knowledge, and history of the Phoenix that Hope does not have. Yes she has shown to use phoenix power but she doesn't know all the bad blood behind it either. She has asked Scott about it while Emma was around, so she wasn't able to leech off Emma telepathy to get answers. Will she be able to get through Rachel's? I doubt it but I would love to see some interactions between these two.

I believe it was just chance that Hope got the call, but Wolverine will not be happy with Hope showing up. It will be interesting to see how Exodus reacts to Hope. But I am hoping for more family interactions (If you want to say Hope is related to Rachel, which is true in Nate adopting her)

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By x_29

Rachel would destroy Hope.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arcano_19

rachel would win obiusly she has more experiences

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hyper_God

Rachel easily .

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crimsonlord53

She would have been the best choice for a teacher if the break up had not happened. I would have liked to have seen how jean light dealt with even lighter jean.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hopes a pretty good fighter she can punch hard enough to break a persons nose.....rachel doesnt have good fighting skills and hope can copy her power

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.