Hope gets an anniversary cover?

#1 Posted by Jake Fury (18933 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense to any Hope fans but her getting an anniversary cover is ridiculous.

#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this the other day. Thought it was stupid. So many more X-Men that are deserving.

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (18933 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
I saw this the other day. Thought it was stupid. So many more X-Men that are deserving.

My feelings exactly. I had her right below Changeling on my list.
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why not.  She's an important figure in the lives of all mutants.  She's been the figure-head of all stories for the last 3 or 4 years.  And unlike most comic characters... she's actually grown!  She has managed to age & grow up.  That's more "Evolution" then you see in the Wolverine cover.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92853 posts) - - Show Bio

I have mixed feelings on this, but I'll definitely be buying it.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by D3athstroke (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Wolverine Written There ? 

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing Marvel does concerning the X-Men surprises me anymore. It's like living in a warzone. You know something terrible is going to happen at some point, so you just turn your music up really loud and tune out the constant barrages of death of despair.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92853 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke: Cause it's a variant cover to an issue of Wolverine. 
Moderator Online
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Which is just weird. Why not have Hope on Uncanny and Wolverine on Wolverine? O_O
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92853 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Which is just weird. Why not have Hope on Uncanny and Wolverine on Wolverine? O_O
They're putting them on unrelated comics to try and get people who wouldn't normally buy those comics to buy them because a character they love is appearing on the variant cover. It's a marketing ploy. 
Moderator Online
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
They're putting them on unrelated comics to try and get people who wouldn't normally buy those comics to buy them because a character they love is appearing on the variant cover. It's a marketing ploy. 
Yeah, I figured. @The Dark Huntress said:
I have mixed feelings on this, but I'll definitely be buying it.
And it's apparently working =P
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92853 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: It's definitely working. There are at least three that I want to buy now V_V
Moderator Online
#13 Posted by War Killer (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Hope even matter anymore? I'm not reading Generation Hope or Uncanny, but I don't see her name really being thrown around any more since Second Coming and the Five Lights.

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Haha, poor DH. Sometimes it pays to be a negative, boycotting, joyless hatemonger =D

I'm not buying any :P
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92853 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm a sucker for marketing ploys :(
Moderator Online
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: There, there. It's better to enjoy things and be sucked into marketing ploys, than not enjoy anything =]
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have been a bit cheap to put the Wolverine variant on the Wolverine title ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.