Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1422 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Hope and Rachel.......What happened here!?!

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kuchiku

Does hope ever meet Rachel summers? What happened to rachel after the shiar empire didnt she return to earth? Ive been out of the comic loop for awhile so the summers blood line is a little confusing.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Hope has not met Rachel yet.  

Rachel, Havok and Polaris are basically in character limbo right now, they are *traveling* back to Earth as we speak, and actually there was a bit of confusion and contradiction a few months back between some Marvel Cosmic writers, and some X-Men writers and editors. They each said the other were responsible or new what was happening with them.  

Mike Carey has informed us though, that later on this yeah, Polaris fans might have reason to be happy, Keiron Gillen is also quite close with SWORD, so this seems like a reasonable sign by year's end, Polaris (I have to assume you like her too right? ^_^) will be back on Earth and if she is Rachel will probably be too. So if she mets Hope it might be then.  

Oh yeah Summers bloodline, tell me about it, its like a backwards Russian Sudoku printed on a rubik's cube. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

No, they've never met.  

War of Kings and all the follow ups happened.  

And she's a Summers by adoption, not by blood. 

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jordama

I believe Havok and Polaris, along with Rachel I would assume, are supposed to come back soon. I recall the very large image that was split into covers showed Havok and Polaris on the X-Force portion. I would assume that this will be addressed eventually, this could be the second mission, after this Apocalypse thing.  

We did see Rachel briefly right before Hope returned. All the portions of the Phoniex Force left all hosts and disappeared, Rachel made the comment "not now Mom" or something to that effect.  

I would love to see their meeting because I believe Rachel had a connection to a Nathan, I cannot remeber if it was Cable or X-Man though.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jordama said:
    " I believe Havok and Polaris, along with Rachel I would assume, are supposed to come back soon. I recall the very large image that was split into covers showed Havok and Polaris on the X-Force portion. "

I am like a bazillion percent sure that was just cover liberties, since thats how Marko Djurdjević tends to work. There was a loose underlying theme, but only for the main 5 characters split across the variants. The rest of the characters were really just after thoughts. Some even in old costumes, MD just preferred doing more. Some X-Editors have even commented on it too.  

Its certainly safe to assume they would be back though, no characters just fall off the grid... *realizes talking about X-Books and that it has happened before* erm...  lol
    kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By kuchiku
    @SC:  Thank you so much for the insight!

@The Dark Huntress: I was wondering about that, thanx for clearing that up.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " I believe Havok and Polaris, along with Rachel I would assume, are supposed to come back soon. I recall the very large image that was split into covers showed Havok and Polaris on the X-Force portion.  

No Caption Provided

That's not really accurate at all. There are four characters there that aren't even "alive" anymore (Jean, Apoc, Nightcrawler and Cable) and Shatterstar's in the wrong costume.  

@kuchiku: No problemo. 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress:
    But there positions have significance. Kurt is behind Wolverine, his dear friend that. Jean is in Cyclops' cover, I wonder the significance there. Cable and Bishop have played a major part in Hope's life so they are there. And Apocalypse is the main focus of the Uncanny X-Force's first mission. All other characters can be rationalized, why have Polaris and Havok in the X-Force cover at all if they weren't going to have some part.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: But there positions have significance. Kurt is behind Wolverine, his dear friend that. Jean is in Cyclops' cover, I wonder the significance there. Cable and Bishop have played a major part in Hope's life so they are there. And Apocalypse is the main focus of the Uncanny X-Force's first mission. All other characters can be rationalized, why have Polaris and Havok in the X-Force cover at all if they weren't going to have some part. "
    Oh yeah, there's definitely significance there. All I was saying is that it doesn't necessarily reflect the current state of the X-Men accurately.  

I wish they were on X-Force. Or that the Starjammers got another book or something. I miss Rachel. 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress:
    What I was thinking is that the next mission for the team would be something intergalatic and Havok + POlaris would have to be involved that way.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: What I was thinking is that the next mission for the team would be something intergalatic and Havok + POlaris would have to be involved that way. "
    That team's not really suited to Cosmic stuff, though. They're street levelers for the most part. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: But there positions have significance. Kurt is behind Wolverine, his dear friend that. Jean is in Cyclops' cover, I wonder the significance there. Cable and Bishop have played a major part in Hope's life so they are there. And Apocalypse is the main focus of the Uncanny X-Force's first mission. All other characters can be rationalized, why have Polaris and Havok in the X-Force cover at all if they weren't going to have some part. "

This is X-Men tho' lol, you could make anything significant with that image, Why have Shatterstar in his old outfit on the same page as Phoenix and Cannonball, when one could assume that the current Shatterstar is a clone, and that Jean Grey will revive the old one and reveal that her and original Shatterstar are the actual true parents of Cannonball? And Gambit is going to start working as a male stripper and a place with neon poles.  

Their are loose connections all over. The most intentional, the division between various books. So you won't have Hope and Scott or Jean on the same cover despite there connection, because Hope is front and center of Generation Hope, and Scott and Emma are on the Uncanny one. Daken and X-23 can't be near Wolverine, because they are advertising their own ongoings, and since they are solo characters, their sections get the weirdest and less significant character cameos. Of course X-23 is young, so has other young mutants, Daken is a bad guy, so has other bad guys.  

IIRC Nick Lowe I think said MD got to improvise a lot of where certain characters were and what they wore. Except he got a veto on nekkid Wolverine, but he later got to fulfill that with the Wolverine wall poster. 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: What I was thinking is that the next mission for the team would be something intergalatic and Havok + POlaris would have to be involved that way. "
    That team's not really suited to Cosmic stuff, though. They're street levelers for the most part.  "

What if it is something about another invasion, something Shi'ar? That would bring the family togther
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @jordama said:
    That team's not really suited to Cosmic stuff, though. They're street levelers for the most part.  "
    What if it is something about another invasion, something Shi'ar? That would bring the family togther "
    Yeah, but if it's an invasion (and especially if it's Shi'ar), then Scott would know about it. UXF would probably come into conflict with at least one of the main teams during it. Which could actually make for a great story line, but I think it's a little early yet for them to go public. 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @jordama said:
    What if it is something about another invasion, something Shi'ar? That would bring the family togther "
    Yeah, but if it's an invasion (and especially if it's Shi'ar), then Scott would know about it. UXF would probably come into conflict with at least one of the main teams during it. Which could actually make for a great story line, but I think it's a little early yet for them to go public.  "

True, but I think it could go under Cyclops' radar. He isn't thinking about Shi'ar just like he wasn't thinking about Apocalypse
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @jordama said:
    Yeah, but if it's an invasion (and especially if it's Shi'ar), then Scott would know about it. UXF would probably come into conflict with at least one of the main teams during it. Which could actually make for a great story line, but I think it's a little early yet for them to go public.  "
    True, but I think it could go under Cyclops' radar. He isn't thinking about Shi'ar just like he wasn't thinking about Apocalypse "
    It may go under Cyclops' radar, but I highly doubt it would go unnoticed by the X-Club.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @jordama said:
    True, but I think it could go under Cyclops' radar. He isn't thinking about Shi'ar just like he wasn't thinking about Apocalypse "
    It may go under Cyclops' radar, but I highly doubt it would go unnoticed by the X-Club. "

But X-Club is really over worked. It could just slip in there
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jordama said:
    "It could just slip in there "

Thats what He said!

Sorry, I had to, I have no idea why, I don't even like that joke.  

*walks off the stage, drives to the beach, gets out of car, walks into the sea*
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jordama
    @SC:
    That was funny, left my self wide open for that joke. 

Seeing how we have gone completely off topic it would seem, lets get back to Hope and Rachel. Do you think they will meet anytime soon and/or do you think they will handle a lot of that off panel. We have yet to see Hope interact with X-Man either.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama: True enough. Is SWORD still functional? Because if the X-Club miss it, SWORD most definitely won't. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

I hope Rachel is nice to Hope, sort of like a big sister. Plus does Rachel even know Cable is... I don't remember her reaction.  So that might be something nice they can bond over. 

SWORD is still functional BTW DH, at least it should be according to its last writer, and its going to appear in Uncanny's future. 

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @jordama: True enough. Is SWORD still functional? Because if the X-Club miss it, SWORD most definitely won't.  "

I haven't heard from SWORD in a while. I think the series tanked, i didn't read it so I'm not sure what is going on there.  

Was anything said during war of kings to whether or not the Starjammers were going to stay out there or come back here?  
     Havok is the only leader so he can't just abandon them and this way he is leading a team that has no connection to Scott and he is even following in Daddy's footsteps so I have a feeling he is gonna want to stay in space.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jordama
    @SC:
    Rachel may know Cable passed because f a psychic bond, but no one has official told her. I t might be interesting if she came back and said Cable can't be dead because she would have fealt it, you see what I'm getting at
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jordama said:
    " @SC: Rachel may know Cable passed because f a psychic bond, but no one has official told her. I t might be interesting if she came back and said Cable can't be dead because she would have fealt it, you see what I'm getting at "

Ooh yeah, thats an awesome story idea, with tons of potential. Nice. 
    _Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Mercy_

I still think Rachel and Hope will have some weird phoenix connection. And that Hope is jean reincarnated ;)

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By davidkenneth
    @jordama:
    CAble
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By davidkenneth
    @jordama:
    In that case she might have also felt Nate Grey come back from the dead.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercy_
    @_Mercy_ said:
    " I still think Rachel and Hope will have some weird phoenix connection. And that Hope is jean reincarnated ;) "
    Why would you hope that? That is quite possibly the least original thing that they could do with that character.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.