Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Hope?

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unicornpuncher

So just curious, how does everyone feel about hope right now?

I think shes actually starting to grow on me, but I am not picking up the Generation Hope series.  I might get it later when its on sale, but it didnt seem like it was going to be that great.  The character herself though seems pretty decent.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I love her. 

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@The Dark Huntress said:
    " I love her.  "
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Hope, I should hate Hope, really. I don't like over powered characters, I don't like characters that are artificially aged, I don't like characters that almost make other characters redundant power wise, I don't like Phoenix and what it did to Jean, I hate the X-Men hype machine and their teasers, I don't like M-Day and all the writing involved, which produced the character of Hope.  Somehow though she managed to become a character I am very fond of. Exactly. I think it was her swearing in Cable's issues, and the fact she was hunted for most of her life and people have put an entire species pressure on her. Bed jumping and buying make up and awkward flirting moments as well. Plus she reminds me a little bit of Rogue. The stubborn defiance routine. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " Hope, I should hate Hope, really. I don't like over powered characters, I don't like characters that are artificially aged, I don't like characters that almost make other characters redundant power wise, I don't like Phoenix and what it did to Jean, I hate the X-Men hype machine and their teasers, I don't like M-Day and all the writing involved, which produced the character of Hope.  Somehow though she managed to become a character I am very fond of. Exactly. I think it was her swearing in Cable's issues, and the fact she was hunted for most of her life and people have put an entire species pressure on her. Bed jumping and buying make up and awkward flirting moments as well. Plus she reminds me a little bit of Rogue. The stubborn defiance routine.  "
    She takes everything that is cliched and overused and she puts a new, refreshing spin on it, IMO. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @SC said:
    " Hope, I should hate Hope, really. I don't like over powered characters, I don't like characters that are artificially aged, I don't like characters that almost make other characters redundant power wise, I don't like Phoenix and what it did to Jean, I hate the X-Men hype machine and their teasers, I don't like M-Day and all the writing involved, which produced the character of Hope.  Somehow though she managed to become a character I am very fond of. Exactly. I think it was her swearing in Cable's issues, and the fact she was hunted for most of her life and people have put an entire species pressure on her. Bed jumping and buying make up and awkward flirting moments as well. Plus she reminds me a little bit of Rogue. The stubborn defiance routine.  "
    She takes everything that is cliched and overused and she puts a new, refreshing spin on it, IMO.  "

I don't even really think you need to add thats its your opinion, when your right, your right. ^_^
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC ^___^ Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.