Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1423 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Generation Hope - Five Lights worth reading?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

I've got a little extra cash at the moment and I saw a hard cover copy of Generation Hope: The Five Lights. I was wondering what you guys thought of it and if I should get it? What's the character development of Hope like and the artwork?

Thanks.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

You are going to get two drastic different opinions.

Some people hate the fact that the Lights even exist feeling that the Young X-Men should be getting more attention. This has made them a little bitter to the Lights and hate the book.

Other people like at least one or two of the lights a lot and read more for that character. They will tell you that you might want to get the trade if you are interested but avoid the single issues unless you really like the book.

In all honesty the first couple issues were a little slow. I think if you go in unbiased you could enjoy the book, if you are die hard New X-Men, you probably wont. I think the aim of the book is more for newer readers so it is an easy read and at times this can be boring. But otherwise the book is pretty well balanced for the characters, either getting an issue about there story or well balanced in the issue.

And you can always check out the official reviews for the issues or read the extensive wiki's to see if you like the characters or the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.