Do You Think Hope Died?

#1 Posted by where4artthoucarlos (246 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read uncanny X-Men 542 you know what i'm talking about. Emma is trying to kill hope (i think she's possessed.) In the solicit for Generation Hope in november Sebastian shaw is the only one showing, and there is no sign of hope, does this mean Emma will kill her?

#2 Posted by Dernman (14975 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

giggle giggle, Shaw is the only one showing as Marvel is trying to build anticipation by making you guess (or wait if guessing isn't your thing) the remaining team members.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's kind of clear that she's in that teaser, but Hope CAN'T die.

#5 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be too much wishful thinking.

#6 Posted by Tchokes (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown: Hey, Hope is a very nice character!
#7 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Really, really, no. In fact, all the writers are mentioning how the big secret about Hope is going to be revealed next year and she's gonna be centric to their next big event. It's apparently gonna clear up the connection between Hope and Jean.

#8 Posted by xmenboy (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
Really, really, no. In fact, all the writers are mentioning how the big secret about Hope is going to be revealed next year and she's gonna be centric to their next big event. It's apparently gonna clear up the connection between Hope and Jean.
Maybe Jean will come back and something will cause her and Hope to fuse land make Hope Grey
#9 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

considering she's in the books though the rest of the year,and Hope shows up at the aftermath after Emma thought about it, I'd have to say nay?

#10 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tchokes: Eh she is okay...? I am starting to get annoyed at all these little kids running around in X-books. Even the main villains now are nestlings! Bah!
#11 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup they killed her, because that is the most likely thing that they would do right now.  

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I don't think she killed her, but this issue confused me... Are Hope and Jean supposed to be the same person?

#13 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

She won't die. The writers want to keep trying to play with your mind about how she's connected with Jean. I wish she'd die though.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog
Oh god. Let's hope (pub not initially intended) that she's not a clone or reincarnation or whatever.

Do you have any links to sources? I'd be interested in reading more about it.
#15 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Agreed, I would lose ALL interest in Hope if she is revealed to be nothing more than a Jean Grey reincarnation (although I have read some interviews where Marvel writers say otherwise, I'll see if I can find them). If Grant Morrison kills a character, they're probably better off dead. Jean is no exception.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616 Agreed 100% Now if only she'd stay dead...
#17 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: Amen to that.

#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's unlikely they'll kill their "Mutant Messiah" so soon.  Not while they're still trying to create a foundation of 'she's not Jean, no really'.

But given the way that she's been portrayed since the start of Second Coming, I really wouldn't miss the little brat.

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#20 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

So two events building her up to just be killed off?
Talk about anti-climax!
OF COURSE SHE'S NOT DEAD!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.