Follow

Homosexuality

Concept » Homosexuality appears in 889 issues.

Previously a rarity in comics, modern times have since seen an increase in openly gay characters to reflect a more modern and accurate portrayal of society.

Gay superheroes

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By "Colossus"
    @xerox-kitty said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Delete me said:
    " @"Colossus":  Hope you dont mind this but what makes you dont like or accept gay people? "
    bad experience.  a gay guy tried flurting with me.............. "
    One, that's not a bad experience, it's a life experience.  It's only flirting.  Be flattered that someone thought you are attractive. Two, neither you or the guy (who obviously liked the way you look) are comicbook characters.  Three, you've chosen a username based on a character who in the Ultimate Universe is a known gay character.  Four, would it kill someone to keep this thread on topic?!  "
    thats not it. he was my coworker. i told him i wasnt gay and he still continued, i had to deal with it for 6 months.

also some one is paying marvel (what i heard) to retcon ultimate colossus being gay
    3rd do you accept lesbians?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#202  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Delete me said:
    " @"Colossus":  Hope you dont mind this but what makes you dont like or accept gay people? "
    One, that's not a bad experience, it's a life experience.  It's only flirting.  Be flattered that someone thought you are attractive. Two, neither you or the guy (who obviously liked the way you look) are comicbook characters.  Three, you've chosen a username based on a character who in the Ultimate Universe is a known gay character.  Four, would it kill someone to keep this thread on topic?!  "
    thats not it. he was my coworker. i told him i wasnt gay and he still continued, i had to deal with it for 6 months.  also some one is paying marvel (what i heard) to retcon ultimate colossus being gay 3rd do you accept lesbians? "
    That's no flirting; that's sexual harassment.  It still has nothing to do with comic characters. 

I haven't heard that, but as of 100 issues of Ultimate X-Men, he was still gay.  That's nearly a decade of publishing. 

What does your question mean?  Do I 'accept' lesbian characters because they are lesbians?  Or do I 'accept' characters who happen to be lesbians?  If you're asking if I 'accept' lesbians in real life; then that has nothing to do with comics.  
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#203  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @"Colossus" said:
    "@xerox-kitty said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Delete me said:
    thats not it. he was my coworker. i told him i wasnt gay and he still continued, i had to deal with it for 6 months.  also some one is paying marvel (what i heard) to retcon ultimate colossus being gay 3rd do you accept lesbians? "

That's justification to hate him, not gay people. I'm not getting your logic here. Being hit on by a member of the same sex can be terribly awkward and uncomfortable, but...I just don't see it as validation to hate all homosexuals. That’s just narrow and bigoted.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By "Colossus"
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    "@xerox-kitty said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Delete me said:

That's justification to hate him, not gay people. I'm not getting your logic here. Being hit on by a member of the same sex can be terribly awkward and uncomfortable, but...I just don't see it as validation to hate all homosexuals. That’s just narrow and bigoted.

"
    i see........
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#205  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Both sides need to chill, who cares if YOU like gay characters or not, the thread was supposed to be about super-people...have got super-powers? No? Then who cares, lets talk about fictional characters.

And on the subject: Hero Cruz is a gay super-hero, if anyone wants to list him on their list.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206  Edited By Vortex13
    @KillerZ: Why bump this?
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator
    @Vortex13: Because I added character to the list. I'm a control freak, and everything needs to be listed
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By "Colossus"
    @KillerZ said:
    " @Vortex13: Because I added character to the list. I'm a control freak, and everything needs to be listed "
    if theres a picture on a wall slightly tilted...........
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#209  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @KillerZ said:
    " @Vortex13: Because I added character to the list. I'm a control freak, and everything needs to be listed "
    if theres a picture on a wall slightly tilted........... "

THEN @#%# WILL GO DOWN. XD
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @KillerZ said:
    if theres a picture on a wall slightly tilted........... "
    THEN @#%# WILL GO DOWN. XD "
    exactly
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#211  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

+Back on Topic+ Frenchie Moon Knight's Pilot is gay. He currentley is in a wheeelchair and was still able to beat up five gay bashers

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#212  Edited By Ms. Invisible
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    " And I think the best reply here has been "Good question actually, another one would be why do so many of these kinds of threads get made?" So true! Why the heck does this sort of stuff, that being something like sexuality in general being included in the comic book genre, matter to people?"  
    I think this article could provide a bit of insight into why these things matter:   http://www.365gay.com/opinion/corvino-why-it-matters-that-adam-lambert-came-out/
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#214  Edited By Ryonslaught

hey guys just thought id let you know massive update done to Gay Sheik! 
    Check it out!

XBarbieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By XBarbieX

Oh, we should also add Purgatori from Chaos Comics. Se's definitely a lesbian. One of the few characters to have more girls than Tony Stark. lol

Mr. Hellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Mr. Hellfire

Anyone remember Rick Stone aka Richie Foley aka Gear from Static?
    Slayer_Angella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Slayer_Angella
    @Ryonslaught: Outstanding listing here

SA

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.