This Page Rocks!

#1 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job fesak. I'm so glad you created this one. You should include the ones from your blog as well.

#2 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha this page is cool. Pretty funny I never noticed a lot of covers look a like.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#4 Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that in the que but havne't had a chance to check it yet. Great idea.

Staff
#5 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"Good job fesak. I'm so glad you created this one. You should include the ones from your blog as well."

Thanks, and i will. It's only about 5% done yet.

#6 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that is looking good already, even though its only 5% complete. Interesting concept too. I'd like to see what other people think up from this.

#7 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome work just saw it noticed you submitting on it today

#8 Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta agree.

Staff
#9 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just added some Wonder Woman covers at the bottom and I'm not too sure how the galleries work. Do we create new galleries for each type of comic?

And, for the contents menu, you can see "Wonder Woman 240". Is that right? Because the comic cover on the left is Wonder Woman #240.
Post Edited:2007-05-15 02:40:10

#10 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that's great. I plan to have separate galleries for the big ones, then joined galleries for the ones with just one or two variants.

And yes.

#11 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, awesome page. We need to find a way to highlight "Cool Random Pages" like this and the comic ads one. Maybe we need to just give it it's own category on the homepage.

Staff
#12 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Some one should put this page on digg.

Staff
#13 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome page man. We were just talking about that the other day.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Added this to the gallery:

What do you think about non-comic references like this, fesak?

Norman Rockwell:

New X-Men 42:

#16 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, that is a great one.

Yeah, i have a bunch of Norman Rockwell homage covers i'll upload later. I plan to do a section with art homage covers aswell as movie and music homage covers.

I haven't updated this page in a while, but it's about time to start doing some work on it.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it is. It's a great page and it'll only get better as you work on it.

#18 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Really cool, entertaining page.

#19 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

now this is a pretty freaking cool page

Thanks for the link Buck

#20 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

where should I put this?

I'm tempted to try "Fine Art" :d lol

#21 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

so is fesak ever going to finish this?

#22 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"so is fesak ever going to finish this?"

I will some day. It became a bit overwhelming, the more research i did the more apparent it became that there are no originality. At a time there were at least 40 new comics each month with homage/ripped covers. I think it's no better right now with all the skrull covers.

#23 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"aztek_the_lost says:

I will some day. It became a bit overwhelming, the more research i did the more apparent it became that there are no originality. At a time there were at least 40 new comics each month with homage/ripped covers. I think it's no better right now with all the skrull covers."

yeah pretty much every skrull comic has an homage cover...but this page is so fun seriously..great job..
Post Edited:2008-04-22 03:37:41

#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"aztek_the_lost says:

I will some day. It became a bit overwhelming, the more research i did the more apparent it became that there are no originality. At a time there were at least 40 new comics each month with homage/ripped covers. I think it's no better right now with all the skrull covers."

I understand, yeah I had noticed a few myself and was thinking about adding them but I've never gotten around to it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.