Follow

Hollow

Character » Hollow appears in 390 issues.

Hollow (previously known as Penance) is a woman with red skin, long hair, and sharp, fearsome claws. While now having her own consciousness, her body once contained different people's bodies & minds.

How sharp are Penance claws?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rbysjti

Can she actually tear Colossus? How about Cyber and Apocalypse?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sling Shot

She was supposedly razor sharp at default but would increase in density and sharpness deepending on how much negative emotional energy she absorbed. Dope.

Not like most the corny mutants they been puttin out.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

rbysjti says:

"Can she actually tear Colossus? How about Cyber and Apocalypse?"

I think she can.

There was one incident at the early days of Generation X where she put her hands in a wooden table and when she left, there were hand prints on the table and they were sharp enough to cut.

So how sharp are her edge? Really sharp.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rbysjti

SO you think, she can beat Juggernaut?

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Starleafgirl

rbysjti says:

"SO you think, she can beat Juggernaut?"

She DID beat Juggernaut. ;D She knocked off his helmet and then Emma got Juggz. ;)

She can tear through anything of diamond-hardness EASILY, as shown when Husk, in diamond form, hugged Penance and Penance had to be careful when hugging her back, because she was starting to tear the diamond.

She can easily cut through omnium, as shown twice during the Generation X run, and remains untested against Adamantium

http://www.comicvine.com/omnium/43650/

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Satyrquaze

Well, Wolverine can't even cut into Colossus.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rbysjti

wow! cool! thank you so much for the info. Penance has been my favorite Gen x member. The moment i saw her, I already knew she will be my favorite among the gen x team.

By the way, why didn't Penance sliced Juggernaut? Why does she have to just take off Juggy's helmet? Teamwork? I bet she can really beat juggernaut alone. I would want to see how sharp Penance's claws are if she tries to cut adamantium if she can.

Can Magneto control Penance?

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Leliel

No Magneto could only control all metallic materials even if the amount is miniscule, he still has control. However when using all his power he can tap into more gravity and energy base powers that he use during the Avenger where threading Scarlet Witch .

Don’t quote me on this one but I think she could pretty well make a match for post-World War Hulk and mostly be able to fight off the Absorbing Man, seen as if he can absorbed her material he would still not have her flexibility and seen from how strong her body is, she can mostly house Proteus without dying

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik
    Satyrquaze said:
    "

"
    Wrong. Omega Red can and he has carbonadium.
    Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Starleafgirl
    rbysjti said:
    "

By the way, why didn't Penance sliced Juggernaut? Why does she have to just take off Juggy's helmet? Teamwork? I bet she can really beat juggernaut alone. I would want to see how sharp Penance's claws are if she tries to cut adamantium if she can.

"

Penance didn't just slice Juggernaut because it isn't a Mature audience comic, lol. But seriously, Juggernaut's power is that he's pretty much physically unstoppable and it being a school for young mutants, it'd be better to teach Penance to not just kill everyone she meets. ;) Teamwork > murder. Lol. Once she knocked his helmet off, he was vulnerable to telepathic attacks, which would've taken him down faster and less harmfully than Penance slicing him.

I'd like to see her slice adamantium, too. And no, Magneto can't control Penance because, unlike Wolvie, she's never had metal inserted into her body.

Leliel said:
    "

No Magneto could only control all metallic materials even if the amount is miniscule, he still has control. However when using all his power he can tap into more gravity and energy base powers that he use during the Avenger where threading Scarlet Witch .

"

It's interesting that you mention gravity-based powers because, due to Penance's extreme density, she SHOULD weigh a lot more than she does... maybe there's some gravity-based power at work in her. Or they could just call it "magic" and be done with it, ala Spiderman's Brand New Day. ;)

erik said:
    "Satyrquaze said:
    "

"
    Wrong. Omega Red can and he has carbonadium."

I'll take your word for it... I haven't a clue, either way. But if Colossus is merely made of organic steel, it should be easy for Penny or Wolvie to slice and dice.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rbysjti
    Leliel said:
    "

Don’t quote me on this one but I think she could pretty well make a match for post-World War Hulk and mostly be able to fight off the Absorbing Man, seen as if he can absorbed her material he would still not have her flexibility and seen from how strong her body is, she can mostly house Proteus without dying

"
    Wow!o Penance is realyl, really tough. By the way, what did you mean by "she can mostly house Proteus without dying. What do you mean by "house"?
    Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Starleafgirl
    rbysjti said:
    Wow! Penance is really, really tough. By the way, what did you mean by "she can mostly house Proteus without dying. What do you mean by "house"?"
    Well, as it was established during Larry Hama's horrible, horrible retcon, the Penance body can house different consciousnesses, although so far it's only been used by the St. Croix siblings, who can all merge with each other anyhow, speculating some to think that Hollow is some sort of lost St. Croix sibling. I really hope not, though. Maybe Daddy Ambassador had an affair in Bosnia, lol (the X-gene is carried through the father, at least according to those X-Men movies).

So, Penance could either "mostly house Proteus" (which you've got to remember is pure speculation) "without dying" due to her power or due to a combination of her power and her incredible density (density of a dwarf star packed in her body), methinks.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    Starleafgirl said:
    "rbysjti said:
    "

"

Penance didn't just slice Juggernaut because it isn't a Mature audience comic, lol. But seriously, Juggernaut's power is that he's pretty much physically unstoppable and it being a school for young mutants, it'd be better to teach Penance to not just kill everyone she meets. ;) Teamwork > murder. Lol. Once she knocked his helmet off, he was vulnerable to telepathic attacks, which would've taken him down faster and less harmfully than Penance slicing him.

I think it 's mostly because Juggernaut has a magical enchantment that makes him completely invulnerable to physical harm.
    She wouldn't be able to hurt him.

erik
    said:
    "Satyrquaze said:
    "

"
    Wrong. Omega Red can and he has carbonadium."

What does that have to do with anything?
    Even though adamantium is extremely hard you would still need both momentum and sufficient strength to cut through something.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rbysjti

HOw about Captain Ameirca's sheld? Can Penance cut/slice it?

EphemeristX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By EphemeristX

Magneto needing metal to manipulate a body is an invention of the movies.  Comic-Magneto uses magnetic/gravitational energy itself.  So yes, he could affect Penance.  Not sure what kind of damage he'd be able to do to her except hold her underwater until she drowned. 

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rbysjti

was there an instance when Magneto controlled Hollow?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rbysjti

How about slicing diamond form White Queen? Will she be able to cut her easily?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Leliel
    @rbysjti said:
    " was there an instance when Magneto controlled Hollow? "
    never
    614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 614azrael

she cut husk as dimond so yes she could hurt em and dimond is toughr then i belive colosus so odds r she wud cut him 2 adamantium tho proly not.

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RLAAMJR

so just say yes or no if Hollow can slice the following:

1. Colossus in steel form?
    2. Omega Red's carbonadium tendrils?
    3. Emma Frost in diamond form?
    4. Armor's shield?
    5. Captain America's shield?
    6. Black Panther's Ebony blade?

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. If Wolverine can't do it, probably not, but who knows?

2. Yes. It's not even as strong as Omnium.

3. Yes. Easily.

4. I don't think that's metallic, so... No, probably not.

5. It's a vibranium-adamantium alloy rated as stronger than true adamantium, so probably not. But my own fan-musings are that Penance could cut adamantium given the chance due to her incredible density, so who knows?

6. Yes, it can't even cut through adamantium, so Penny could slice it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.