Do we need a new better name for Hollow/Penance?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I really like the name Penance but everytime i use that name, some people think I was referring to Penance who became Speedball.

Honestly, I don't like the name Hollow so I really thinks she needs a new name.

So what name would you give her?

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Marvel to name her Red X since she's red and she's an x-men. : )

#3 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Red X was originally my idea, I'm going to go with "no" on this one... she has a long history of being Penance; they should re-establish her with that name. If they work hard, hardly anyone will remember Bleedball used to be called that.

#4 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl said:

Even though Red X was originally my idea, I'm going to go with "no" on this one... she has a long history of being Penance; they should re-establish her with that name. If they work hard, hardly anyone will remember Bleedball used to be called that.

I'm so glad you're back! : )

#5 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher

Thanks! Mostly here for occasional lurking, though, lol.

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl said:

@jhazzroucher

Thanks! Mostly here for occasional lurking, though, lol.

i see. Hope you could visit Storm forum too. : )

I like Peance too but the fact that somebody also used it, I really want a new one

#7 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio
Yes, but there's only one who deserves the name!
#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl said:

Yes, but there's only one who deserves the name!

I know but if you like Penance ( Speedball's transformation ) like me, I would imagine two characters, Hollow and Speedball.

#9 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I know but if you like Penance ( Speedball's transformation ) like me, I would imagine two characters, Hollow and Speedball.

Speedball's Penance form was red, spiky, and had powers activated by bleeding. Aside from the obvious emo-ness of it, it should've theoretically been something I could like... if it hadn't stolen Penny's name. So I'll forever mock the concept with the moniker "Bleedball" instead.

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I know but if you like Penance ( Speedball's transformation ) like me, I would imagine two characters, Hollow and Speedball.

Speedball's Penance form was red, spiky, and had powers activated by bleeding. Aside from the obvious emo-ness of it, it should've theoretically been something I could like... if it hadn't stolen Penny's name. So I'll forever mock the concept with the moniker "Bleedball" instead.

I see. Mine was the opposite of it. Penance just really fits him more and I really dig the way he looks. I never liked him as Speedball. I mean, I don't hate him but he's just a character that I don't really care. BUt when he turned into Penance, he is awesome. I even want him go back to Penance again.

and that's why we got Hollow instead of Penance. and since Hollow isn't a good name, that's why I want a new name for her.

#11 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: How does "Diamond cutter" sound? Maybe "Red-Razor"? Or even "Sharp-Rock"?

#12 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation: Red Razor! Razor Red! Both nice choices.

#13 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl: Thank you, I just hope this character gets the respect she deserves on day. I get so tired of writers having no idea what to do with a cool-looking character or WORSE, they THINK they know what to do but they end up ruining the character instead!

#14 Posted by Starleafgirl (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation: Agreed! And on the art side, I hope they figure out again that she does, in fact, have foot claws and that they should totally draw them on her. ^.^ P.S. she's showing up in Avengers Academy #30! In at least two panels. Something to look forward to. :D

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Starleafgirl said:

@infonation: Agreed! And on the art side, I hope they figure out again that she does, in fact, have foot claws and that they should totally draw them on her. ^.^ P.S. she's showing up in Avengers Academy #30! In at least two panels. Something to look forward to. :D

I'm also looking forward to it. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.