Would you but a (New) Hobgoblin ongoing series?

#1 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would if only as a way to see more DB.

#2 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. I want Roderick Kingsley back. 

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

im still looking for the old Green Goblin series

#4 Posted by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read a mini about the current one, but I'd have to say he has more than his share of panel time to where I would'nt see any need for it. 
It definitely wouldn't be a must buy for me, I tend to focus first on the primary series.
He has a venture coming up in Spider-Island Deadly Foes as well.

#5 Posted by Cyfin (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy it if a resurrected Roderick Kingsley were the lead...

#6 Posted by rTimewarrior (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I had brought this up before on other sites. I would subscribe to a series where someone came across a major catch of goblin equipment and this person decides to become a hero (not a versus the standard evil guy we have seen). I think the whole situation would bring back a lot of stress we have not seen since Spiderman tried to be good and everyone believed he was a bad guy. But the character would be determined to prove that they were good and always wanted to be a hero. They may or may not use the formula that gave super powers to the Green or Hob "goblin's" but either way, the story would be way cool (in my humble opinion).

#7 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. From what I saw of him in Spider-Island I am not a fan of him.

#8 Posted by Delphic (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends. I would be interested enough to get the first couple of issues to see where it was going, but Phil Urich has been somewhat interesting to me especially in his insane pursuit of Norah Winters.

#9 Posted by OmegaHans (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Kingsley!

#10 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#11 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

NO. I want Roderick Kingsley back.

@OmegaHans said:

Bring back Kingsley!

Guess who wants the phil?

#12 Posted by Night Thrasher (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. I would however a new hobgoblin series though

#13 Posted by draco_01 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Phil's series as GG in the 90's folded after 13 issues so I doubt that a series with him as the current Hobgoblin would last long either. Besides the only highlight of the series would be how many time he gets jobbed by this and that character, being the Kingpin's stooge and his stupid and uninteresting crush on Norah. However, I would loved to have a one-shot with Roderick Kingsley being highlighted instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.